[RAW2DNG] BATCHelor 3.0 Alpha 3

Started by fatpig, May 24, 2013, 03:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

Andy600

@Fatpig - maybe you should start looking at the MLV format!? It's becoming quite stable and is the way forward.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

hjfilmspeed

Yes MLV is on the rise. But as far as the split files, why are people not just formatting there cards exfat. Then you can record to your hearts desire and not have to worry about any complications. I converted a 5 min clip with batchelor no problem like this. just cant formatt in camera is all. just delete through ML. Super easy!

arrinkiiii

Quote from: hjfilmspeed on November 19, 2013, 09:38:55 PM
Yes MLV is on the rise. But as far as the split files, why are people not just formatting there cards exfat. Then you can record to your hearts desire and not have to worry about any complications. I converted a 5 min clip with batchelor no problem like this. just cant formatt in camera is all. just delete through ML. Super easy!

For the 7D, at least for now, it's impossible to use exfat =((   so, split files it's a must.

gary2013

I have tried using exfat on the M and it does work, but it also brings back the shutter bug and I have not seen anyone fix that bug so far. I can fix the bug by reformatting with a Canon menu in camera, but it then reverts back to fat32... but I do get rid of the shutter bug this way.  :(

hjfilmspeed

Oh sorry I didnt know that about the 7d and the M. Still its amazing that the 7d is even doing raw. im so happy for you 7d owners. when i had my 7d ML wasnt even possible on the dual digi. Also not to be a version 3 party pooper but im kinda liking the simpler form of version 2.3. every once in a while i get funky files out of batch 3.0 beta 3. 2.3 has never failed for me with the 5d3

edwmotion

haven't you noticed this?

lossless is lossy and lossy is lossless, options are inverted.

fatpig

Hi guys,

what is the current state of development on the RAW and MLV matter?
Can someone put me up to speed?
Currently not working a lot with ML RAW, but will be again.
I am looking to do some updates and am trying to figure out which way to go with development.

Also, I would still love to see someone starting an initiative for the split file implementation in raw2dng.exe - 5DII is not exFAT compatible, and still a lot of people use it.

Andy600

Quote from: fatpig on November 27, 2013, 12:05:22 PM
Hi guys,

what is the current state of development on the RAW and MLV matter?
Can someone put me up to speed?

Hey :)

MLV seems to be stable on the 50D (and I believe the 5d2 etc) now. I've been shooting exclusively with it for a couple of weeks and not experienced any issues. I think, as MLV is quite robust it would be worth implementing MLV capability into BATCHelor (alongside legacy raw) if you can. At the moment it is all command line dumping to either legacy raw or DNG so to have MLV support in BATCHelor will be very useful.

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

arrinkiiii

Quote from: fatpig on November 27, 2013, 12:05:22 PM
Hi guys,
Also, I would still love to see someone starting an initiative for the split file implementation in raw2dng.exe - 5DII is not exFAT compatible, and still a lot of people use it.

That's awesome  :D 

In the 7D i think exist exFat but it's not working. Split file implementation would be just great. Also in the 7D mlv is working good, except the first frame that come corrupted (we can live with it =)) 

Thanks for the hard work Mr. fatpig   

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

Hi!
Any developer can confirm if it's really too complex to implement a file ".dcp" reader in raw converters?
I have not seen any software with that, not even mentioned, in your project, and I think this is extreme importance and usefulness, as dcp curves could be used to output files logarithmic, as VisionLog makes the ACR.

I'm asking because really do not understand and because I wanted to see this incredible tool to progress in their development and not be stopped in time.

Greetings.

jonnyginese

Is it possible to setup an INI or something to use a specific "switch" commands for CineForm?  it looks like its set to -c right now or something but I'd like to get it set to -q5 or something depending on the project.
Cameras: 5D3 | 60D
Prime Lenses: Samyang 14mm 2.8 | 24mm 1.4 | 35mm 1.4 | Canon 50mm 1.4 | Nikkor 105 2.5
Zoom Lenses: Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC | Canon 80-200 2.8 L

timbytheriver

@jonnyginese You may already know this: if you use the 'raw2gpcf' on the command line you can set up all your own custom switches for output to Cineform; say:

raw2gpcf D:\Source.raw E:\Output.mov -444 -l400 -d2 -q5

etc.

:)

5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

jonnyginese

Quote from: timbytheriver on December 10, 2013, 05:01:32 PM
@jonnyginese You may already know this: if you use the 'raw2gpcf' on the command line you can set up all your own custom switches for output to Cineform; say:

raw2gpcf D:\Source.raw E:\Output.mov -444 -l400 -d2 -q5

etc.

:)

What does the -l400 and -d2 do? And why would you just want to keep the file raw instead of -444?
Prime Lenses: Samyang 14mm 2.8 | 24mm 1.4 | 35mm 1.4 | Canon 50mm 1.4 | Nikkor 105 2.5

timbytheriver

The -lx and -dx switches set log-curve and debayer parameters respectively, but I'd rather direct you straight to the man (Dan Newman) who created the app offer his insight here: ;)

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5479.msg40941#msg40941

5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

eyeland

Been busy for a few months and just found time to play with ML raw again.
Are the "lossy" and "lossless" options still switched?
Are we still not getting any proper exif?
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

jonnyginese

It would be really cool to have an "options" for cineform that has some pre loaded switches... and then also have a "custom" action that you can add your own switches in that will apply on all the footage that needs to be encoded.

I tried to just edit the INI config file with the switch but it doesn't work.

Rawnaizer has this type of feature but i cant get it to encoded from CF card to a folder on my computer.  I have to copy it to my computer first then do the conversion in the same folder. (unless someone has info on how to do that with Rawanizer)

Chpouky

Great tool, thanks ! BUT, why do I get ".dngp-@" files instead of ".dng" ? I did a quick research and it seems like nobody had this problem.
I choosed the "normal" option.

EDIT: same with the "Lossy" option

filmcubepro

this thing really gets you up and going as fast as possible so you can start editiing and grading at will. I love using batchelor, it has proven very useful and efficient. i'm a mac user, and i use it with wine, and it works like a charm.

the thumbnails are very useful, but a preview, where you can scrub through your clip to see if its any good before selecting it for conversion would be incredible.

i was wondering if that feature would be possible or not. I do not hate anything about this software, but this feature could make it even better

dragan

Hello, good program, used a few months, and today with the following message- AutoLt Error Line 9536(File"G\BATCHelor_3.0_Alpha3.exe") Error:Variable used without being declared.Somebody seen this problem before? If so tell me how to fix it. Thank you

lureb74

Hello, I have a problem! Batchelor3 preview (the window for choosing RAW files that need to be converted) doesn't show any RAW file. I checked many times the path, that are the right path! I tried to download again the app... nothing! I tried leaving the original raw2dng.exe file, and also sobstituting it with the last one... still NOTHING! AAAARGHHHH!!!

guentergunter

Quote from: edwmotion on November 23, 2013, 09:15:39 PM
haven't you noticed this?

lossless is lossy and lossy is lossless, options are inverted.

Does that problem still exist?
5D2 ML RAW + VAF-5D2b: http://vimeo.com/69350650

eyeland

Noticed that this thread has become fairly inactive?
Have most ppl switched to a different app?
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

SteveScout

I love BATCHelor. But as MLV can record audio now and fixed all initial bugs most people probably switched from raw to mlv.

gary2013

Quote from: SteveScout on February 26, 2014, 12:46:38 PM
I love BATCHelor. But as MLV can record audio now and fixed all initial bugs most people probably switched from raw to mlv.
Will BATCHelor be updated to also do MLV?