[RAW2DNG] BATCHelor 3.0 Alpha 3

Started by fatpig, May 24, 2013, 03:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ted ramasola

Quote from: Redrocks on August 02, 2013, 01:29:14 AM
I saw that and will give it a whirl tomorrow. Does it show thumbnails for folders (not clips) when importing to Resolve? That's what I originally got the bulk rename utility for, but it comes in handy for renaming sets of files without the (1) (10) (2) bug.

When in the Library/explorer and you click on the folder holding the DNGs a thumbnail of video is shown on the side .

Dragging the folder into the media bin will display thumbnail and you can scrub on the thumbnail to go through the entire clip.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

foorgol

As to the PinkDotRemover:

Quote from: fatpig on July 31, 2013, 04:31:13 PM
@spider:
I can maybe include something like it,
but I am not aware of the functionality of the tool.

I read something about it being different for each camera..
which cameras need this tool?
How do you normally work with it?

As spider explained, the tool is needed by the 650D, EOSM and (perhaps) the 700D to remove annoying artifacts (AF dots) from raw video recordings and silent pictures.

You can use the tool either with its GUI or from the command line. Only drawback when using the command line: you can't select the camera type; it's fixed to the 650D. But this restriction could be improved with reasonable effort.

The program itself is written in Java. If the BATCHelor is also written in Java, I could easily create a lib / JAR for inclusion in the BATCHelor. Otherwise a command line call from within the BATCHelor is most likely the easiest approach...

@fatpig:
PM me if you need more info!

Hope that helps....

fatpig

hey guys!

@a1ex:
It is not about programming a file joining tool (which I have already done)
but about avoiding the time-consuming joining process, because many people have started using raw2dng straight off their CF cards.
Previous joining takes a lot of time, which is not available on set, and - can be avoided, I assume.

I myself would love to include such an option into raw2dng - but this type of programming is absolutely foreign to me.
There must be some other devs familiar with it, right?

@forgool:
BATCHelor is not java, a commandline approach would be best..
check PM :)

Nikuya

Hi!

I tried the software but when I open the "raw2dng.exe" nothing happens and the "BATCHelor_3.0_Alpha3.exe" is getting detected by a virus and gets deleted by the antivirus software. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I running under my own windows account that is an admin account.

arturochu

fatpig, what do you think of implementing the feature of making prores 444 or prores 422 files through ffmpeg? i think for some projects this would be ideal, since you could start editing straight from this prores files and hace the capacity to go through a nice colour correction.
Chu

fatpig

hey guys.

@Nikuya:
train your antivirus software. I guarantee you that it does not have a virus, if you downloaded from my site.
Some AV Softwares have an automatic that does not only recognize known viruses, but also assumes everything it does not know to be a virus. You can deactivate this feature. I know the problem. "BATCHelor_3.0_Alpha3.exe" is the one you want.

@arturochu:
This would be a lengthy process- putting every single frame through dcraw and then making a prores file... I myself would not consider using that ProRes file for editing, because shooting RAW is all about.. well - editing RAW, isn't it?
I think RAWanizer has a feature like that.

whats wrong with the cineform 422 Files it toutputs?

usasikh1

I work in windows environment, and When I use Cine-form to convert it outputs .avi file , I want to grade in resolve which wont read avi files but will read .mov. IS there something I can change so it outputs .mov files. Also does anyone know what the normal , lossless and lossy options (for DNG and cineform) output in matter of bit depth? Thanks

usasikh1

Guys what is the difference between DNG and CDNG? quality wise(color depth,bitrate etc). I have read somewhere that the CDNG files are smaller , but not sure. Beacuse I read that fatpig is eventually wanting to add CDNG as the in this software.

dafassi

Hello there!

1st thing is- THANK YOU :).
Its realy a helpfull tool!

Here is a request:

Can you add a checkbox for "write settings to thumb"?
So in the preview picture is a small field with textinformations like:

recorded in:
lens, aperature, shatter, ML resolution@camera resolution, fps ...

iE.
Canon EF35mm -- 1.8f -- 180° (1/50) -- ML_1200*512@CANON_1280 -- 24FPS

This would it make easy to compare tests!

Greets!

Canon eos m

@fatpig - is the version on the 1st post the latest edition of BATCHelor? Thanks for the amazing software. Made my life hell of a lot easier. Good stuff became even better  :D
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

dradutu

fatpig you did great, i pitty anyone not using your software. once i'm done editing my video i'll post a full workflow including and emphasizing your software. a big thank you!

spider

I just want to make sure you have seen this
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/184/700d-650d-remove-pink-dots-from-raw/diff

So maybe there is no need for integrate the pinkdotremover.  (ATM except EOS M) 

Mei Lewis

Quote from: fatpig on May 24, 2013, 03:43:29 PM
... with thumbnails and optional lossy/lossless DNG compression
TIP: try lossy! It's a great difference in size (sometimes reduction to 30%) but looks the same!

I'm confused by this. The lossless option seems to give me much smaller conversions than lossy, which is opposite to what I was expecting.
Eg for a file I've just converted:
RAW - 640mb
normal - 647m4
lossy - 389
lossless - 183mb

Is it possible the buttons in the batchelor UI are labelled backwards?

Mei Lewis

To follow that up, I've just opened the same frame of a 'normal', 'lossy' and 'lossless' conversion in photoshop and put them on layers above each other. By setting a layer to difference mode and using a curves adjustment to exaggerate differences it's clear that the 'lossless' conversion isn't lossless, but the 'lossy' conversion is identical to the original!

Africashot

Would it be at all possible to use a ACR preset (like this one http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7567.0) for BATCHelor to render the cineform files with increased DR (sort of log style) so as the cineform file could be used directly rather then as proxies? The DNGs would be there in case further tweaks like cromatic aberrations or else would needed to be fixed, otherwise we could just edit the cineform files directly and grade them (especially in scenarios when we'd have to intercut with h.264 shot in cinestyle), this would safe a lot of time and space...
ML 5D2 & T3i

Andy600

@Fatpig - What Cineform script settings does BATCHelor use?
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

mmatocq

Hello everybody.

I need help. Im using the ML in my 5D MIII.

Everything is working perfectly except that I can not open the last clip of each CF card.

When the camera shows me that there is no more space available it stops reccording, and this clip is not saved properly because later I can not open it.

It is, for example, a 2GB RAW clip but I can convert it in DNG files. It says that the file is empty.

Can someone help me to recover this files? I need to fix these clips!

Im using 16GB CF Card.
Thankssss

Rewind

Quote from: spider on August 17, 2013, 09:59:32 PM
I just want to make sure you have seen this
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/184/700d-650d-remove-pink-dots-from-raw/diff

So maybe there is no need for integrate the pinkdotremover.  (ATM except EOS M)

That method doesn't work, so 650d users still need the Pink Dot Remover tool. It would be great to implement it in Batchelor.

Rewind

By the way guys, while Fatpig is AFK, note that the checkboxes for "lossy" and "lossless" compresseion are just swapped around ;)

pascal

Tried the 3.0 version and it is still crashy unfortunately. Using 5D3 raw files with DNG normal export and it freezes randomly half way through.

hjfilmspeed

Where does one find the latest version of raw2dng. I cant seem to find it

arrinkiiii

In the first post there is a link to fatpig webpage for you download it. You can use batchelor or only raw2dng.

timbytheriver

Quote from: Mei Lewis on August 18, 2013, 07:47:21 PM
I'm confused by this. The lossless option seems to give me much smaller conversions than lossy, which is opposite to what I was expecting.
Eg for a file I've just converted:
RAW - 640mb
normal - 647m4
lossy - 389
lossless - 183mb

Is it possible the buttons in the batchelor UI are labelled backwards?

Thank you Fatpig for making this great tool available to us! :) I can also confirm the findings of Mei Lewis as above. I opened each file in RawDigger to find that the one output as 'lossless' was Full-Res, Lossy-JPEG, 8 8 8 bits whereas the one output as 'lossy' was Full-Res, JPEG, 16 bits.

Could it be the labels are indeed backwards?

Thanks again.

Tim
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

joaomoutinho

hello guys,

I am using the 50D, and because of the FAT32 it makes a ".RAW" file and than various ".RAR" file of the same ".RAW" . 
Is there any program that unites (puts together) all this ".RAR" files into one and final ".RAW" file?

It is getting really messy to work with this. Please, help me in this issue.

PS-My OS is Windows 7

Thank you very much

fatpig

hello guys,

I will do another update as soon as possible.
In the meantime, I ask of you one thing, again.
@joaomouthinho:
We need this feature implemented by the main devs, so everybody:

MAKE THE FOLLOWING REQUEST THREAD
and get everybody to jo join in!

"We need joining of .RAW split files automatically in RAW2DNG.exe"
I know from a talk with one of the developers, that it is really easy to do, but not enough people need it.
Show them that we need it! :)

Only when this is finally done, BATCHelor can do its job like it is supposed to do!