[RAW2DNG] BATCHelor 3.0 Alpha 3

Started by fatpig, May 24, 2013, 03:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtcastle

Quote from: fatpig on July 07, 2013, 05:05:03 PM
@dirtcastle: i hope you get it working, also maybe test on another machine.

I got it working on a different machine! (and using BATCHelor no less. :-) Now I should be able to debug the CineForm Studio installation on my primary computer. Many thanks.

UPDATE: Doh. I spoke to soon. I was able to generate an avi file, but it will only play in Windows Media Player. Every other app returns an error when I try to play or import the file.

fatpig

If you ask me, this really sounds like an issue with RAW2GPCF - talk to DANewman..

SoulState

I have same issue with splitted raw's, as described by ted ramasola. I use canon 60D.

fatpig

hello,
what are you referring to?
split files are now handled automatically in RAW2GPCF.
Does the newest version of RAW2DNG not join split files itself?

On an unrelated note, here is the thread I made for my trailer,
for the upcoming short film "Elementarschaden" - shot on 5DII RAW with Zeiss Primes:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7069.msg58923#msg58923

SoulState

Why COMODO Firewall threats raw2dng.exe from BATCHelor 2.3 archive as malware???

a1ex

fatpig

many firewalls nowadays just make everything a threat that is not in their database or is written in a specific language.

fatpig

BIG NEWS! Raw2DNG files are now supported by Resolve!
This means you can user BATCHelor for your complete workflow rightaway-
and maybe try out that compression feature that will save you a lot of space! :)

pascal

Hi, I downloaded batchelor version 2.3 and batch coverted 99 RAW files from 5D3. The processing went fast but I found it left multiple RAW files unconverted resulting in empty folders without DNG files inside. Happens 100% with the same files. This is not so good because someone must manually search for the failed conversions and do them by hand.

Beforehand I tried the raw2cdng tool. That batch converts also fast but crashes sometimes on specific raw files. Happens 100% with the same files. Unfortunately this program is not so ideal because it does not create 14 bit DNG as far as I understand and due the crash it must be restarted.

Plus I tested the EyeFrame converter and this program converts flawless to DNG but creates TIFF files on its way unnecessarily which increase disk space and processing time. However that program is a good solution for flawless batch conversion right now.

fatpig

Hello pascal.

So I assume there are some files which are not 100% intact.
Please try replacing raw2dng.exe with the newest version and test again.
Sometimes when the files are damaged, older versions crash.
also try the failed files manually with raw2dng. does it work?
does raw2cdng crash on the same files as batchelor?

I will implement a checking routine in the next release.

pascal

The raw2cdng application crashes entirely with the usual "application has stopped..." popup.
Batchelor application did not crash but just did not convert various files. These were not the same where the raw2cdng crashed on.

Raw2Dng.exe converts all of the RAWs and so does EyeFrame.

fatpig

does batchelor work when you update raw2dng.exe in batchelor folder to newest version?
do the files work when you exchange file names with another file that works? maybe it is a name problem..

fatpig

...currently working on version 3.0 with some nice new features that make you work more efficiently :)

hjfilmspeed

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.0!!!!

t2scorp

Hi,

when I try the lossless compressen I get 600kb sized files that aren't lossless. How do I get lossless DNGs like when I convert directly in the Adobe DNG Converter?

Alex

fatpig

how do you know they are not lossless?
the parameters for the DNG converter are a bit flakey. It is possible that there is a mistake.

t2scorp

The difference is clearly visible. The DNG lossless converted with adobe dng converter is about 2.5mb

eyeland

Quote from: t2scorp on July 21, 2013, 11:48:57 AM
when I try the lossless compressen I get 600kb sized files that aren't lossless. How do I get lossless DNGs like when I convert directly in the Adobe DNG Converter?
I have been having similar experiences.
Can't really figure out what causes it, but sometimes I end up with DNGs of 900kb, sometimes 2.5mb regardless of always choosing lossless
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

fatpig

sadly, I could not find clear information online as to what switches have to be used in commandline for the different compression modes, it is trial and error. If someone knows more than me, please share.

Also, maybe you lot could push my request a little, if you are interested:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7196.new#new

I requested the automatic split file extraction for users on FAT32 cameras like 5DII.
As a1ex stated, it is quite easy to do, but he does a lot of things right now,
so I am hoping someone else will take a look at this, as it is essential to the BATCHelor workflow I am planning for v3.0.

fatpig

I am very proud to present the work of the last weeks:

Version 3 Alpha! :)
http://www.fatpigtures.com/software

... and now get to work, you!

bumkicho

Has the compression mode issue been cleared up with this release?
What is difference between normal and lossless?

moebiushaydn

Quote from: fatpig on July 23, 2013, 02:58:30 PM
I am very proud to present the work of the last weeks:

Version 3 Alpha! :)
http://www.fatpigtures.com/software

... and now get to work, you!

Just a quick "thank you" for your stellar work. I use BATCHelor exclusively these days.

fatpig

@bumchiko:
The compression feature has not been updated yet, due to a lack of information from Adobe.
The problem seems to lie with lossless compression only.
"normal" means no compression.

thanks for letting me know, moebiushaydn! :)

SteveScout

Thanks, a great software just got better!!!!  Trying right away!!