500d problem

Started by Damito, March 03, 2013, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damito

Hey guys! I'm new to Magic Lantern, and i recently installed it in my Canon 500d.. i followed all the instructions on the website, but i still can't control shutter and aperture on video mode. And although i can change ISO, there's no difference in the image. There's some other features as LV saturation that i can't  use.. when i can see the change on the screen, but when viewing the recorded video, remains the same as if i don't recorded it with magic lantern.. the only reason i see for the cause of this is the sd card im using.. i'm using a SanDisk Ultra 15MB/s 8GB.. it's because of the sdcard? what if it is, what sdcard should i use?

Thank you in advance! (and sorry for my english)

Francis

Not sure about how to set manual exposure in video. Set to M, then activate liveview/movie record? Enable Exposure override? Someone else with a 500D is going to have to chime in. This has been asked more than a few times.

LV saturation intentionally does not affect the written file. It is a tweak to help with setting white balance, etc. To increase saturation, turn up saturation on the picture style that you are using.

JoshuOne

Greetings, you are going to have to enable exposure override  in ML Expo menu and then adjust aperture as needed. You do have to be in movie rec mode and have ML brought up by pressing trashcan button on the 500d. I hope this helped.