The CinemaDNG Discussion (raw2cdng)

Started by chmee, May 23, 2013, 10:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddeercity

@chmee I will get those file to you later on today when I wakeup (eight hours from now)  :D

Jbowdach

@chmee tested out beta5 and def much improved. Still eventually ran into a crash, but got much further along. Posted as a new issue ( https://bitbucket.org/chmee/raw2cdng/issue/16/crashes-when-converting-to-16bit-cdng-from) on bitbucket for your review when you have a chance. Ive been using the same files for testing so I will shoot some fresh test footage to future testing to eliminate that as an issue

EDIT: 2 crashes. but eventually success!!

chmee

@jbowdach
looked into the debug.. it crashes while/right after audiofile-creation. it converted 5146 Frames. does the converter show this amount of frames if you dragdrop it? open the taskmanager and look while converting on the resources (memory) of the process raw2cdng. does it come near 1.5GB?
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

Jbowdach

Quote from: chmee on May 19, 2014, 10:06:31 AM
@jbowdach
looked into the debug.. it crashes while/right after audiofile-creation. it converted 5146 Frames. does the converter show this amount of frames if you dragdrop it? open the taskmanager and look while converting on the resources (memory) of the process raw2cdng. does it come near 1.5GB?

Let me try another conversion and see.

Jbowdach

Quote from: chmee on May 19, 2014, 10:06:31 AM
@jbowdach

Doesnt appear to be coming near, its hovering at 40-100MBs. It just crashed with mem usage around 73 MBs. Newest log uploaded to bitbucket. Heading to sleep for the night, but let me know anything else you need and Ill get it for you tomorrow. THanks for the beta5, def making progress! Ur hard work is much appreciated  :)

chmee

@jbowdach try to find a tool for us (maybe i code it). raw2cdng first reads the file, all blocks inside, and somewhere frame 5200 it does not take the real framenumber from the block, but a zero, some are doublets..

please use mlv_dump to write an indexfile (idx) and link to that file.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.0
./mlv_dump -x in.mlv
i want to see if the blocks inside the mlv's are ok.

regards chmee

ted ramasola

Chmee,

tested the latest beta5. 42 clips totalling 8+ minutes.

In resolve when I use autosync based on timecode some wav files will link with the wrong video files.
This will be indicated by wavforms with wrong displays, showing blank spaces.

Aligning them manually and the wav files are ok.

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

chmee

@ted please do a second try with changed filename-structure. it seems you use
[F]
-->
/M16-2015
M16-201500000.dng
M16-2015.wav

try
[F](_)
-->
/M16-2015
M16-2015_00000.dng
M16-2015.wav

remember, Resolve wants idealy a filename like that:

[F]_[D]_001_C0000(_)

regards chmee

Jbowdach

Quote from: chmee on May 19, 2014, 06:29:33 PM
@jbowdach try to find a tool for us (maybe i code it). raw2cdng first reads the file, all blocks inside, and somewhere frame 5200 it does not take the real framenumber from the block, but a zero, some are doublets..

please use mlv_dump to write an indexfile (idx) and link to that file.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.0
./mlv_dump -x in.mlv
i want to see if the blocks inside the mlv's are ok.

regards chmee

Does it mention which filename?

chmee

filename of your recording, fi
mlv_dump -x M16-2018.MLV
should output a
M16-2018.idx
in the same folder.

regards chmee

ted ramasola

Quote from: chmee on May 20, 2014, 08:50:35 AM

try
[F](_)

Tried this and the wav files are still not linked correctly. Strange thing is that some files are ok, some are not.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

chmee

as i mentioned entries before, look on the files in the mediabrowser. you should see the embedded timecode. please tell me both tc-values. did you recorded nondrop or drop?

ted ramasola

Using [f](_) convention and testing using just 2 files still will not link properly using autosync.

resulting files is named as:

WAV file = M16-2036.wav
DNG file(1stframe) = M16-2036_00000.dng
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

chmee

yeah, i think, there are some circumstances, where tc of video and audio do not match. and by now i cant catch these moments..

glubber

Just a small bug report:

raw2cdng.1.5.0.beta5.exe crashes while drag&drop a "early build" RAW-File (i guess very first build for 550D from May 2013) while v1.3.3.1 is doing fine.
I'm on Vista 64.

Beschreibung:
  Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname: CLR20r3
  Problemsignatur 01: raw2cdng.1.5.0.beta5.exe
  Problemsignatur 02: 1.5.0.0
  Problemsignatur 03: 53790dc6
  Problemsignatur 04: raw2cdng_v2
  Problemsignatur 05: 1.5.0.0
  Problemsignatur 06: 53790dc6
  Problemsignatur 07: 5d
  Problemsignatur 08: 0
  Problemsignatur 09: System.DivideByZeroException
  Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
  Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

The Raw file is over 900 MB big so i can't just attach it :)

EOS 550D // Sigma 18-200 // Sigma 18-70 // Canon 10-18 STM

chmee

@glubber are you crazy?  :D confronting me with a nearly 1 year old build on a body i had no samples yet :) when does it happen? right while dragdrop? while converting? so, it shows a "DivideByZeroException", some values - assume - couldnt be read. please do me a favour, do a short record as its described here and send it to me - i would use it for the samples gallery as well.

regards chmee

glubber

Yep right while dropping into raw2cdng window.

I'll try to dig out that old built and give You a short sample.

artyg

Quote from: ted ramasola on May 20, 2014, 07:48:59 AM
Chmee,

tested the latest beta5. 42 clips totalling 8+ minutes.

In resolve when I use autosync based on timecode some wav files will link with the wrong video files.
This will be indicated by wavforms with wrong displays, showing blank spaces.

Aligning them manually and the wav files are ok.

Hmmm, I test autosinc today and all work OK...
Canon 5D3 SanDisk Extreme Pro 64Gb 160MB/s

chmee

yeah, often its ok (on my footage i hadnt problems as well), but here were two guys with problems. the Timecode is taken from datetime of file. for the wav file i have to recalculate to audiosamples AND adjust with nondrop or dropframe - sometimes this adjusting does a wrong thing. by now i cant grab that bug (i should do some more debug infos :))

reddeercity

@chmee, just sent you 2 Cdng's converted by raw2cdng v1.4.9 & v1.50 beta5.
As I said v1.4.9 display right but v1.5.0 beta5 has a pink cast in MAC Finder or preview app.
with 16bit linear .

Edit: ML build feb16 NB, 1872x1012. Extracted with MLVBrowseSharp to Raw v1.0 then
converted with v1.4.9 but not on beta5 just drop in your app and converted.
Note* the only difference I notice in ACR in v1.4.9 has a WB of 4950-k and a Locked embedded camera profile
while v1.5.0 beta5 has a WB 5000-k and the Camera profile default Adobe Standard but other profiles are selectable.

chmee

sent you my thoughts on your examples :) the finder-result does not interest me, honestly saying. assume, its because of the linearizationtable, thats inside to work with premiere..

the reason, you couldnt use profiles in acr is, you changed the name to "5D Mark2 Cdng 1.4.9". "Canon EOS 5D Mark II" works.

reddeercity

sent you a screen capture of finder with the Cdng's

chmee

jepp. in this case (app-world and apps) i cant really help - just to say it officially once again: i assume its about the linearizationtable inside the dng's. will think about it (much later) if i just dont use them, when only linear 16bit dng's are wanted.

reddeercity

Ok, I use PC because it's faster then mac in converting raw and better tools!
I can use the older version I just wanted the new name generator feature on the new one that's all.  :) 

glubber

Hey Chmee,

i was able to repoduce the behavior of 1.5.0beta5 vs. 1.3.3 with a RAW file of Luke Neumanns sheeps :D
http://neumannfilms.net/2013/05/15/magic-lantern-raw-video-workflow-tutorial-downloadable-files/

Nevertheless I'll try my best to upload my 550D samples the next 2-3 days.

Below a screenshot of the crash showing the progressbar while dropping in the file.