The CinemaDNG Discussion (raw2cdng)

Started by chmee, May 23, 2013, 10:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonybeccar

Quote from: chmee on April 14, 2014, 07:06:31 PM
thanks.

* Yeah, wpf is a new world for me, i have to figure out, what event is doin the crash.
* i thought about scrubbing over the picture (left frame 0, right last frame), we'll see :)
* subfolders.. hmm. means, you'd change the subfolders per sequence. in this case, you put the mlv/raw files into according named subfolders and use the "source-path alias" inside the namegenerator.. it wont generate subfolders, but it will ease the sorting by name (maybe i find an intuitive way to implement it)
* realFilename comes to the alias list. thx.
* the shortened filename was born out of the fact, EDL-Names should be 8 chars long - and the mlv-name [a-z0-9] is just 7 - the eighth char is calculated from the first 7, means its not random, but not really useable :)

but to be honest. i wont code a commandline - if this ones will work, i'll start coding a premiere native importer-plugin - after some longer tests i have to admit, that the transcoding process is time consuming as well - and in the end not needed..

if someone's got crashes, please pastebin the saved crashreports (not the minidump of course :)) they will be in the temp-path with some strange name.xml. (see above, entry from reddeercity)

regards chmee

Awesome awesome awesome!!!

Wow, an MLV importer would be like... mmhhh there is no real world comparison, lol! Regarding the subfolders system, take a look at how I've done it in my mlv converter... it's pretty straightforward, you maintain alphabetical order and everything. I do not show ONLY the filename when it's multifolder but that info I guess can be stored in a property value somewhere...

Anyway, amazing work man!! Thanks so much!
Cheers!!!

tonybeccar

Quote from: chmee on April 15, 2014, 10:45:59 AM
btw. i just made some small boring tests. recording, transcoding (16bit maximized, no pinkhighlight-fix) and straight using in premiere.

* the transcoding-process is (for me) much too long. as i stated theres only one solution. writing a mlv-importer for AE/premiere, since its the same SDK-Base
* importing the filesequences is a bit annoying, because you have to mark sequence by sequence. have to figure out, if premiere can cope with kind of containers, marking all pathes, thats it.. (would be solved with the importer :))
* but finally premiere works well with the data, i had no pink highlights, maybe i didnt overexposured :)

(vimeo) 1280*448 at 50fps - down to 23.976fps

(youtube) 1920*1080 at 23.976fps

Exquisite quality! But what about those green edges?

kaco

Quote from: andy kh on April 15, 2014, 07:39:14 PM
it doesnt work in resolve

CinemaDNG + wav from Blackmagic Design cameras work. So it's probably just a question of correct filename convetions and maybe some metadata.

@chmee -- I can provide you some BMD footage for the "reverse engineering" if you are interested.

chmee

@kaco (for sure) you can help with the BMD naming conventions:

Pathname
+--->dng-filenaming
+--->wav-filenaming

ill try to rewrite/implement the filenamegenerator, as every can construct this filenaming-convention for himself :)

@tony in both videos? please tell video/timecode..

ahh. PLEASE DONT FORGET TO GIVE ME SOME INFORMATIONS ABOUT THE CRASHES. (pastebin the xml-files) its difficult to find this bloody bug. i tried it on 4 pc's here at home, it does not crash :)
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

CF

The app opens, I then proceed to drag in a .RAW file... I click convert, the filename turns RED and the app crashes with below log

Here is my Crashlog:

Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:   raw2cdng.1.4.9.7-2.exe
  Problem Signature 02:   1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:   532cb395
  Problem Signature 04:   raw2cdng
  Problem Signature 05:   1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:   532cb395
  Problem Signature 07:   e1
  Problem Signature 08:   352
  Problem Signature 09:   System.NullReferenceException
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

chmee

for this version (1.4.9.7) enable the debuglog and link it via pastebin. please do a test with 1.5.0.beta (linked some entries before) - its important to pastebin the crash-xml-files from the temp-path (if it crashes :) )

reddeercity

Gave it a go again to see if I could get it work, still crashes but now when click on the batch window header bar it crashed right away with out any files.
Try it  for my desktop, My downloads folder & even tried from my 2nd SSD drive on the root in my laptop. Crashed when I click on the batch window header bar, but
then I tried it off my USB 3.0 4TB raid "0" box and it fired up loaded a file I could see the preview play the file just like you should but crashed when I tried to convert it.
The "outputPath":"D:\\New folder. So I inputted a unique name this time and it work, :o  "MLV 5D2" , So do you Need to input a name first of it will crash ? I guess so
I would have thought it would just use the file input name. The App & test file was on USB 3.0 drive in a root folder & output path was to the 2nd SSD drive on the root folder. Just run it from my 2nd SSD drive and ok now a long as you have a unique name in that field, but it will crash if there is now file in the batch window and you click on any thing on that side. Well at least it work just need to get a few bugs out.  :D

Edit:
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
  <Level>4</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-04-16T02:27:51.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>27556</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>i7Toshiba</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data />
  <Data>0</Data>
  <Data>CLR20r3</Data>
  <Data>Not available</Data>
  <Data>0</Data>
  <Data>raw2cdng.1.5.0.beta.exe</Data>
  <Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
  <Data>534871ee</Data>
  <Data>mscorlib</Data>
  <Data>4.0.30319.18444</Data>
  <Data>52717edc</Data>
  <Data>24d</Data>
  <Data>18</Data>
  <Data>System.ArgumentOutOfRange</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data>C:\Users\i7 Toshiba\AppData\Local\Temp\WER4359.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Data>
  <Data>C:\Users\i7 Toshiba\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_raw2cdng.1.5.0.b_bef85dffdf135db157af789b841bb5ef8296687_291a4a4c</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data>0</Data>
  <Data>b37f3eb0-c50e-11e3-8dcb-6036ddb07e2f</Data>
  <Data>1</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

XML error reporting also getting "System.NullReferenceException" so times
Win 7 Ultimate SP1, hope this helps

andy kh

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:   raw2cdng.1.5.0.beta.exe
  Problem Signature 02:   1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:   534871ee
  Problem Signature 04:   mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:   4.0.30319.18063
  Problem Signature 06:   526766b5
  Problem Signature 07:   24d
  Problem Signature 08:   18
  Problem Signature 09:   System.ArgumentOutOfRange
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
5D Mark III - 70D

reddeercity

I import the new cdngs 16bit maximize to my Mac and they have a heavy  green over cast , but the 16bit liner look normal  in the mac preview.
Tried a direct import in SpeedGrade on the Mac and heavy green cast which I seem not be able to cleanup, but with dynamic link from Premiere Pro it look ok.
A.E. look ok either way but with a gamma shift up on the 16bit maximize, but in Apple Products - Motions, Compressor, FCPX the 16bit maximize file option Will not work as a Heavy Green Cast over the image. So in Apple products use "non 16bit maximize". Never tried the 12bit thou so may be better I will have to test that later.

Edit: 16bit maximize look Ok in Photoshop on the Mac.

chmee

thanks a lot. thats something i can work with.

btw. with speedgrade there was a greencast before, you have to use/tweak a .look file with values for the colormatrix (example in 1.4.5 zip). anyway, thanks, i will look on that as well.

regards chmee

duey101

Hi chmee,

I've been away on holiday for a while, just got my 5D Mark III and I am happy to report that all previous issues I had in the past are now gone.  No hot/bad sensels or anything else.  MLV/RAW files import perfectly into PPro CC iwth no color cast issues so far.  I only shot a couple of things in the last day or two since I got my camera but so far it all looks good.  I'll do some more testing and report back.

The interface it great and it work a treat, fast too.  Great work!
Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, 60D, EF 70-200L, EF 85mm, EF 50mm, EF 10-22mm.  Platform: Dual Boot Win 7 Ultimate x64/Mavericks Hackintosh, PPro CC, LR5.

chmee

i've seen on my today's tests, the pink highlights are still there in 16bit maximized, but the pink-highlight-button does his job quite well, the general brightness does not change. so, avoid massive highlights while recording :) (and we're waiting for the adobe-update)

(coding on beta2 1.5.0, found some silly bugs, leading to these crashes i think - today or tomorrow)

regards chmee

chmee

raw2cdng 1.5.0.beta2 online
http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2014/04/magiclantern-raw2cdng-1-5-0/

test and tell. if this beta2 crashes on first start, try it a second time (on first start it writes the settings-file, i think, on todo-list)
(some buttons are light transparent, because not yet implemented)

andy kh

i drag and drop 25 mlv files and converted all 25 files succesfully. in your older version when convertion is taking plce the particular file is highlighted with green color which makes easier for us to know how many files are converted and how many files are stil left. it would be great if you can stil add that feature but not a big deal we can open the save path folder and see. i wil do more test and report if i find any problem. i cant wait to test the chroma smoothing as well. this application is simply amazing
5D Mark III - 70D

chmee

:) ah. yes. yesterday i still thought about it :) on todo list.

tonybeccar

Oh my god, amazing!!!! Working smoothly importing 30 mlv's. Filenaming is amazing now! Just don't click any item on the list while converting, it will crash.. hehe. Maybe disabling the interface while converting? The preview is amaaaazing! Working flawlessly now!!!!

Just, WOW.

chmee

lol, oh yeah, disabling gui-events while converting.. on todo-list. thx.

kaco

the new interface is perfect. great job

DavidSh

Looks so good, too bad i am on a mac :(
600D | 5D3 | macOS Sierra | http://www.GentleDogMovie.com

visceralpsyche

Thanks for your efforts Chmee :)

I just tested beta2 and am still seeing the vertical lines in the DNG files.

Currently RAWanizer 0.6.1 (the one I've been using up until now) exports without the vertical lines, but I'm limited to shooting RAW v1 in camera and it doesn't create CinemaDNG files (which are awesome by the way - thanks).

So hopefully you can figure out the issue because it would make your program the number one choice for ML RAW conversion!

Cheers from Tokyo,

Paul :)

chmee

vertical banding and chroma smoothing are under gpl-license. i have to talk with @g3gg0/@a1ex/@1% about using their code, because in this case i'm too lazy to solve it myself.. but, they're mostly recoded and inside :)

@DavidSh As i've read, ThomasWorth is preparing his new RawMagic-Version.

a1ex

I'm OK with you using my code for free software under the terms of GPL (nothing to do with price).

Maybe you can tell Thomas Worth too; he is currently using my GPL'ed code in his proprietary app.

duey101

This is great chmee! (1.5 beta)  Superb program and interface, no problems here just good CDNG files to import direct to PPro CC, no vertical banding or pink highlights, thank you. 
Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, 60D, EF 70-200L, EF 85mm, EF 50mm, EF 10-22mm.  Platform: Dual Boot Win 7 Ultimate x64/Mavericks Hackintosh, PPro CC, LR5.

kaco

Quote from: chmee on April 17, 2014, 12:46:32 PM
vertical banding and chroma smoothing are under gpl-license. i have to talk with @g3gg0/@a1ex/@1% about using their code, because in this case i'm too lazy to solve it myself.. but, they're mostly recoded and inside :)

@DavidSh As i've read, ThomasWorth is preparing his new RawMagic-Version.

Quote from: a1ex on April 17, 2014, 01:31:23 PM
I'm OK with you using my code for free software under the terms of GPL (nothing to do with price).

Maybe you can tell Thomas Worth too; he is currently using my GPL'ed code in his proprietary app.

If I understand this correctly, does this mean that we won't have vertical banding correction soon?

chmee

nope, it means, if i "free" my software, i can use other gpl-licensed sourcecode as well. (so give me one or two days)

regards chmee