The CinemaDNG Discussion (raw2cdng)

Started by chmee, May 23, 2013, 10:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothaibaphoto

That latest version looses random frames. It's known bug. Resolve treat it this way. Use 1.6.5 instead.

andy kh

i never knew that raw2cdng can play mlv raw files. i just drag and drop a mlv file in raw2cdng and it starts playing like a video player
5D Mark III - 70D

chmee

sorry once again i stopped patching raw2cdng. i just had a lot to do and i doubt, i'll find more time for the project. i dont know how many guys are still using raw2cdng :)

@andy_kh :) you're welcome. yes, thats built in since (i think) 1.6.0.

Press Keys:
O - Original Whitebalance
P - Preset Balances
Right/Left Key - change CT manualy
Up/Down - change GM-Shift
Q - change Quality
X or ESC = Exit

You can use raw2cdng as Standard App if doubleclicking .raw or .mlv. (open with..)

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

hjfilmspeed

Hello again! I used to love this! I can't remember when but this app got a little buggy for my set up at one point but I look forward to trying again soon when I get a chance! Thank you for your continued work!

Kharak

Hey Chmee! Glad to see you around again, I still run everything through raw2cdng 1.6.5.

Your 1.7.4 version has lightning fast conversion, but the random dropped frames made me revert back to 1.6.5.

But I tried to play mlv files in raw2cdng, but I could not succeed, I pull the Mlv's in and they just queue up for conversion, how exactly do I do it? I use MLRawViewer as default video player for my Mlv's, but would like to try out your player too. Could the problem be that everytime I run raw2cdng, windows always pops up the "The Publisher could not be verified" window and I have to click run.

I can preview in the preview window, but not play it like a video.

once you go raw you never go back

chmee

@kharak thanks for these infos. it turns into a player, if you drop a file on the app icon or you "open with.."/associate the file-endings (mlv and raw) with raw2cdng. regarding your "publisher"-window, look here, maybe that helps:

http://superuser.com/questions/341091/how-to-get-rid-of-the-publisher-cannot-be-verified-on-network-files

regards chmee

allemyr

I use version 1.6.5 a lot! It's simple and nice! I always use 16bit maximized and highlight fix, vertical banding and chroma smoothing I let Davinci Resolve debayering solve.
I think the audio sync just fine to Davinci Resolve 11, maybe there can be some small improvment but I don't know.

Thanks again for a great app that I use frequently!

andy kh

this is my fav app. i never get the chance to use version 1.6.5. never work on my laptop so i hv been using later versions.
5D Mark III - 70D

allemyr

Have had some trouble recently with raw2cdng 1.6.5, it doesn't make correct timecode all the time, 1 out of 15 clips don't sync sound properly in Davinci Resolve.
I've tried the 2 problematic clips with MLVFS on mac and they both work fine and sync well on my PC inside Resolve. Maybe someone else having the same problem with audio sync so I highlight it here.

Kind Regards

Karl Allemyr

allemyr

Hi again,

raw2cdng version 1.6.1 do manage to sync the audio and make the timecode complete of these "problematic" clips.
So I use that app instead.

chmee

ah? ok. thanks for info. will hunt/collect those bugs for a final version..

NickZee

@chmee

Thank you for your software.

I used it today and notice there are missing frames.  Ie 00049 to 00051. 

When importing to Davinci Resolve 12, the split in file sequence is recognized as a new clip.

I'm using 1.7.4.  Should I try a different version? 

I noticed one other comment about it here.

http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2014/04/magiclantern-raw2cdng-1-5-0/
"mohan
Meint am 19. August 2015 um 18:33

The newest raw2cdng 1.7.4 version is discarding some frames. But with 1.6.1 it renders out perfectly. Haven't tested those in between versions."

I also ran the same MLV through Mystic without the missing frame.  To me the dng looked better from Raw2CDNG rather than Mystic, but I also know it can be edited to be the same.

Thank you!
Architectural Photography
NickZimmerman.com
5D MK3 & 600D | 24-70mm USMII L 2.8 | Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 | Nikon Nikkor 24mm 2.8 AIS & 50mm 1.4 AIS ** Windows 8.1 Pro | 32GB Ram | i7-4770 @ 3.4GHz

chmee

Take another older Version. 1.6.1 someone said has better audiosync for resolve, 1.6.5 is an often used version with the old io-code. after that i made massive improvements on conversion-speed but couldnt find the missing-frames-bug. so i will do this step to find some bugs and release a last version. but please, be gentle and patient :)

regards chmee

Kharak

oooh a new version! Hope you can fix the missing frames bug and keep the conversion speed as high as it is in 1.7.4.

I'll be patient!

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

nlhenry1

Thanks for this great application chmee!

I would be overjoyed if you were able to get the audio timecode to play nicely with Resolve 12 on windows! I have yet to find a converter for windows 10 that spits out audio files that resolve will correctly recognize.

EDIT: I tried version 1.6.1 per your advice, and I found that audio conversion was much better - with v1.6.1, the audio works seamlessly with Resolve 12.1 on windows. When the same clip is converted with 1.7.4, Davinci keeps the audio and video separate (in old versions of Resolve, it would import an empty audio track with the video when you drag the clip onto the timeline).

Whatever you were doing with audio/timecode in 1.6.1 works much better with resolve than the latest version of raw2cdng.

Hope this helps with development of the latest update!

ibrahim

Is there any version ofraw2cdng that converts MLV to cDNG without any corrupt frames.
I use version 1.6.5 and 1.7.4. Which one is best for you folks?
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

chmee

@nlhenry
thanks for info

@ibrahim
raw2cdng cant correct "corrupt" frames. but 1.7.4 has a bug, that frames doesnt exist - it wasnt there in versions until 1.6.5

Kharak

Quote from: nlhenry1 on December 17, 2015, 01:36:39 AM
EDIT: I tried version 1.6.1 per your advice, and I found that audio conversion was much better - with v1.6.1, the audio works seamlessly with Resolve 12.1 on windows. When the same clip is converted with 1.7.4, Davinci keeps the audio and video separate (in old versions of Resolve, it would import an empty audio track with the video when you drag the clip onto the timeline).

I believe this is due to the versions after 1.6.5 are dropping frames and Resolves reads from dropped frame until next dropped frame and makes a new clip everytime.

Try 1.6.5 and see if you have the same problem. In Premiere the audio is correct (to my eyes and ears).

@Chmee, is 1.7.4 the last version ever? Christmas is now.. you know.. :)

chmee

@kharak
santa claus will tell you on 24. :)

Kharak

chmee

@all
could someone give me a mlv with the "dropped-frames"-symptom? dropbox or google or onedrive? mail me: raw2cdng[at]phreekz.de

Kharak

how do you mean dropped frame? When recording or running through 1.7.4 ?

chmee

a file that's not trancoded properly with my tool (lost frames). i didnt had this bug with my recordings.