"Firmware Update Program" auto boots. How do I turn it off?

Started by cimotion, May 22, 2013, 07:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cimotion

So I installed the nightly build for 5d markiii "Magic Lantern May 19 e91e2bc". Worked great and shot some HDR footage. But now every time I put battery in or turn on camera, the "Firmware update program" auto starts every time. If I dont have a card with ML on it, I cant use the camera.

How do I change back so that it wont "auto boot" the firmware every time?  If I put a new formatted card into my camera I'd like it to use the standard canon firmware, not be locked out of my camera because ML isn't on the CF or SD card.

Im guessing there's a fairly simple solution but cant figure it out. PLEASE HELP.

Stedda

Disable the boot flag, find how to do this by reading the manual or searching...  ::)
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

cimotion

Still not working......I searched and found this. 

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2522.0
Restore camera AND card to an original state from a working ML installation:
1. Start the firmware update procedure (with battery full, no accessory, M mode...) from canon menu and wait the green text.
2. change mode on the dial and wait the white text.
3. Restart camera, clear settings and Custom Func. and format card, low level (NOTE: you will lose also your pics of course).

I tried the steps but when I start the firmware update procedure I never get the green "Success" Screen.  It just goes back to live view.

Any other ideas how to disable to boot disk flag?

a1ex

On 60D, I've fixed that by placing Canon FIR on the card. I can also prepare a special autoexec that would fix it.

cimotion

Quote from: a1ex on May 22, 2013, 08:02:13 PM
On 60D, I've fixed that by placing Canon FIR on the card. I can also prepare a special autoexec that would fix it.

Thank you!!! It worked, put canon 1.1.3 firmware on card, and everything is back.

Mei Lewis

Quote from: cimotion on May 22, 2013, 08:28:00 PM
Thank you!!! It worked, put canon 1.1.3 firmware on card, and everything is back.

I also trying to disable bootflag on my 5d3 but can't figure it out.

Which card did you put the 1.1.3 firmware on?
Did it also have all the magic lantern files?