50D Raw video

Started by Andy600, May 22, 2013, 03:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rommex

Quote from: dogmydog on August 31, 2013, 04:32:02 PM
Nice...
Saw it on the iPad, highly compressed artifacts tho. How did you stabilize the shots?

Thanks!

When watching it on YouTube you can set up to 1080p with no visible artifacts.

It was shot either on tripod or handheld with the strap tightly across my neck. No stab in post.

Andy600

@1% 2x batteries down and still not overheating ???

BTW, have you noticed any performance/write speed increase after disabling task mon? I haven't myself.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

1%

Nope, didn't really notice anything except the bin size go down. It still takes 1-3 recordings to get up to continuous.

I couldn't overheat either... even with defish/new peaking and other indicators going... I only got up to 54C.

akumiszcza

As I see nightly builds for 50D were merged with Tragic Lantern some days ago, and include raw_rec.mo, dualiso.mo and ettr.mo, is the compilation by Andy600 any different than nightlies now?

zuzukasuma

Quote from: Monti on August 25, 2013, 10:06:10 PM
that crazy thing above is good even for a stills photo

its giving around 2 megapixel raw files
(which is more than I ever use to share my photos online or whatever you want to print it like A3+ size clean)

on 3000 mm lens like 24 burst photos per second with no buffer limitations continuously for 1 minute
then another 1 minute and again until your compact flash card is full with this 4 gb 1 minute files

that is double of what canon 1dx can do (12 burst shots per second)
also buffer size is limited for like 100 shots maybe

only there is no VR and also manual focus only

so you need like tripod to use this construction i made

but this is good for wildlife and sports shooting when u dont want to miss any frame

they do this on canon 1D C that cost like 13.000$ for 4K video but that is compessed H.264 video
and it is not a raw files like in here

so this on canon 50d i made a great opening on magic lantern (tragic lantern) thing.

good work on pointing out the differences, but you must know, 1D series never experiences buffer overruns and slowdowns even at high burst. I really like the burst silent photo mode on my little EOS M but unfortunately its buffer is too small to handle more than 9 shots
in a complicated relationship with eos m.

Andy600

More unnecessary topic bloat  ???
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Andy600

Quote from: akumiszcza on September 01, 2013, 12:12:40 AM
As I see nightly builds for 50D were merged with Tragic Lantern some days ago, and include raw_rec.mo, dualiso.mo and ettr.mo, is the compilation by Andy600 any different than nightlies now?

The nightlies will include anything that is pulled into the Unified build. It caught up but you'll need to check if the latest TL commits have been merged and download whichever build is newer.

rommex

Quote from: Andy600 on September 01, 2013, 12:57:39 AM
The nightlies will include anything that is pulled into the Unified build. It caught up but you'll need to check if the latest TL commits have been merged and download whichever build is newer.

Whatever that means  :o, Andy, hope you will explain everything when an update is up, as you always do. Thanks )

Andy600

Quote from: rommex on September 01, 2013, 08:40:21 AM
Whatever that means  :o, Andy, hope you will explain everything when an update is up, as you always do. Thanks )

It means that Tragic Lantern is usually ahead of the 50D Unified build and any changes that happen in Tragic Lantern are not automatically included in the nightlies.

Developers work on their own synchronized copy of Magic Lantern code (called a 'fork'). Tragic Lantern is the name of one of these forks. Unified is the main fork.

Developers (like 1%) work on forks because they may want to add new features, make camera-specific changes or try out new stuff while keeping up-to-date with the constantly updated parent code.

When a developer has 'committed' changes (i.e. synchronized his local repository with his Bitbucket fork) they may choose to submit a 'pull request' which tells the developers of the main code that there is new/updated code to be reviewed/considered for inclusion in Unified. After the code is reviewed it may or may not be merged (i.e. the new code may break rules, have bugs or need changes to syntax or other stuff and the dev will be asked to modify it). The process then repeats and only then (if the code is safe for inclusion in Unified) will those updates become part of 'Unified' and the automatic nightly builds.

It is done this way to keep the code cleaner and within the safe parameters set out by a1ex.

Tragic Lantern is fundamentally no different than Magic Lantern. It's shares the same code BUT Tragic Lantern does have extended features (for example: compare the TL raw module with the nightlies raw module) and other 'hacks' that may improve performance on the 50D/6D/EOS-M/600D. Regardless of the merge that happened recently, these features will not be in the Unified nightly builds. They are unique to Tragic Lantern.

Hope that helps you understand :)

akumiszcza

I've tried today's nightly and some modules don't work, my favorite ettr autosnap doesn't work (BTW, is the EV range increase for ETTR possible in 50D? It still doesn't work for very bright or dark scenes — even in photo mode). New menu is not present, etc. I'll stick with Tragic Lantern builds then :)

Rawolution

Is it possible to match the central pixel of the zoom mode to central pixel of the cropped video?

I have problems framing movies in zoom mode., they are always extended more to one side.

1%

I need to fix the zoom to 5x raw function, it shouldn't be impossible.

Rawolution

Quote from: 1% on September 01, 2013, 05:27:33 PM
I need to fix the zoom to 5x raw function, it shouldn't be impossible.

Possibility to move around cropped area is very nice, it's nice to have. But optionally to make both centers the same would be great too.

1%

Hitting joystick center is supposed to work like what you're saying.

I tried this:
1. Center in 1x
2. Go to 5x an press it only ONCE... it moves it over a little bit like it should be centered. But hit it repeatedly and it doesn't work. Also not coming from centered box in 1x doesn't work.

Checked, behavior is the same on 6D and others. Is this how its supposed to work? Would have to check with a frame.

dlrpgmsvc

Hi folks !

It will be useful if you can share all of your testings about raw video recordings data and card speeds here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8000.msg72051#msg72051

So this thread will not bloat !  ;D

Select the first links about the testings ! Many thanks !  ;)
If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

LEVISDAVIS

Decided to make up a quick tutorial for lensing on the Canon 50D. It features three lenses; the 24, 50, & 85mm.

http://youtu.be/R6Eot6PBYoY

... Definitely the kind of information every cinema photographer should have on the tip of their tongue. Enjoy.
Levi S. Davis

dogmydog

Just installed Tragic.Lantern-2.0-Andy600.Build.2013Aug27.50D109.zip on my Transcend 16 GB 1000x and Sandisk 16GB Extreme II 60m/s and everytime I start my 50D I get the error "scripts dir missing".

Everything seems to be working tho.

EDIT: I uploaded the first episode of the webseries I'm making, shot with my 50D with TL.
You guys think it would have make a difference if I shot it on normal Canon video mode?

(Press CC for english subtitles)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bM6R9iYLzQ
Enjoy :D
Opposite of Sex
www.oppositeofsex.com
Canon 50D, 60D and 7D

1%

Andy600

Quote from: 1% on September 03, 2013, 07:34:26 PM
So the 5x centering?

Nope. Added a comment to the commit on Bitbucket.

JBTML

Hello Forum folks,

I've been out of it for about a month.  I just wanted to get a consensus about the latest "solid" build you're liking.  I was running the July 11 build and I was pretty happy with that but that was awhile ago, not looking for anything crazy more on the stable end.  I've got the 32 and 64 gig KomputerBay cards.

Thanks All!!!!

[email protected]

The best piece of art presented here made on Canon 50D raw:

Andy600

Quote from: [email protected] on September 03, 2013, 09:23:32 PM
The best piece of art presented here made on Canon 50D raw:

Is that you again Monti?  ::)

You do realize Mods can check your IP right?

Apologies if you're someone else but posting pointless images like this and sarky comments like your first post will likely get you kicked ;)

araucaria

Quote from: Andy600 on September 03, 2013, 09:25:41 PM

Is that you again Monti?  ::)

You do realize Mods can check your IP right?

Apologies if you're someone else but posting pointless images like this and sarky comments like your first post will likely get you kicked ;)
It's monti, look at his shitty name, his lack of attention was killing him.

1%

Did he get himself banned again?

Molinsky