50D Raw video

Started by Andy600, May 22, 2013, 03:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinger007

Shot with the Gregory July 11th build. Camera was in crop mode with the resolution set to 1920x818 (2.35). The following are the settings:
fps: 23.976
shutter: 1/48
iso: 100
color profile: standard (3,0,0,0)
HacKed Mode

I was able to achieve continuous recording up to 1.85 aspect ratio using a KomputerBay 32GB 1000X.

Post-Processing: dng's were created with Rawanizer. Grading was done in ACR, with a final pass performed in Color Finesse 3. h.264 was created in Adobe Media Encoder CC.

https://vimeo.com/70786766
all you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: pinger007 on July 22, 2013, 05:45:09 PM
Shot with the Gregory July 11th build. Camera was in crop mode with the resolution set to 1920x818 (2.35). The following are the settings:
fps: 23.976
shutter: 1/48
iso: 100
color profile: standard (3,0,0,0)
HacKed Mode

I was able to achieve continuous recording up to 1.85 aspect ratio using a KomputerBay 32GB 1000X.

Post-Processing: dng's were created with Rawanizer. Grading was done in ACR, with a final pass performed in Color Finesse 3. h.264 was created in Adobe Media Encoder CC.

https://vimeo.com/70786766

Pinger that was beautiful..  Did you export out of ACR as .Tiff  was lens did you use?

JBTML

QuoteCan you please post the link to Andy's Canon 50D guide? Thanks!

It's on the front page of EOSHD.com

It's very well done

akumiszcza

Quote from: JBTML on July 22, 2013, 06:38:26 PM
It's on the front page of EOSHD.com

It's very well done

If it's a paid one then it's not Andy600's.

v1rt

Quote from: akumiszcza on July 22, 2013, 08:03:05 PM
If it's a paid one then it's not Andy600's.

That's what I thought too. I was looking for Andy's.

Andy600

It's coming but it's a lot of work and I have to write it in between other work. I have about 40 pages written so it won't be too much longer :)

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

v1rt

Quote from: Andy600 on July 22, 2013, 09:24:13 PM
It's coming but it's a lot of work and I have to write it in between other work. I have about 40 pages written so it won't be too much longer :)

Coolio! Am I right that you own Tragic Lantern?

Andy600

Quote from: v1rt on July 22, 2013, 10:12:04 PM
Coolio! Am I right that you own Tragic Lantern?

No, it's 1% who does the hard work. Tragic Lantern is his baby. He's the clever one  ;D I just compile it.

I'm learning code but still a long way off being able to contribute anything.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

v1rt

Quote from: Andy600 on July 22, 2013, 10:48:12 PM
No, it's 1% who does the hard work. Tragic Lantern is his baby. He's the clever one  ;D I just compile it.

I'm learning code but still a long way off being able to contribute anything.

Oh ok! :)

I hope I can share too in the future. I was trying to git pull the other day but was failing. I hope someone here can provide the .git link

Andy600

Quote from: v1rt on July 22, 2013, 11:24:22 PM
Oh ok! :)

I hope I can share too in the future. I was trying to git pull the other day but was failing. I hope someone here can provide the .git link

Magic Lantern source code is hosted on Bitbucket https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src

v1rt

thorstone137

Quote from: Andy600 on July 22, 2013, 11:17:16 AM
@thorstone137 - First, why are jumping in and out of Live View and changing settings? Also, I noticed you have auto WB enabled. Set WB manually or at least use a preset (daylight, cloudy, tungsten etc). I don't know if auto WB will cause color shift during a shot but my guess is that it could.

The 'purple' frame issue is something else. What build are you using?

Regarding your conversion problem. Interlacing error? I've not seen this before  ???. Is Raw2dng.exe displaying this error and if so can you explain the steps you are taking to see the error? Does it happen when you drag-and-drop a raw file onto raw2dng.exe.

I'm using your latest build. I'll try manual WB. Here is a screen shot of my try to run Raw2dng

krashnik

Quote from: Andy600 on July 22, 2013, 09:24:13 PM

Why not make a wiki or even a Wordpress page with free access for others to help out?

I designed an app that allows this easily if you want an account at www.openbuk.com - I'll contribute a free account for this use if the community wants one. Just lmk

Andy600

Quote from: thorstone137 on July 23, 2013, 12:50:43 AM
I'm using your latest build. I'll try manual WB. Here is a screen shot of my try to run Raw2dng

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Try this one: https://bitbucket.org/andy600/andy50d/downloads/raw2dng.exe

Andy600

Quote from: krashnik on July 23, 2013, 01:08:39 AM
Why not make a wiki or even a Wordpress page with free access for others to help out?

I designed an app that allows this easily if you want an account at www.openbuk.com - I'll contribute a free account for this use if the community wants one. Just lmk

Hey thanks :)

Yes, I've thought of doing something like that and I'll be happy to contribute towards a general Magic Lantern guide when I have time but I want to finish the 50D downloadable guide first as it's a special project.

goldenchild9to5

Less than two months my Komputerbay 64GB 1000X went corrupt, or failed on me lol.. it won't show in camera, won't show on my mac, won't show on my PC.  This is how it happened.. Was running on @Gregoryofmanhattan July 11 Build 5X Zoom mode 1920x818 res aspect ration 2:35 after shooting for 30sec the camera froze-up put the camera switch on off nothing, finally pulled the battery out than put it back in turned it back on than nothing.  For a second I believed my camera was bricked, took the card out turned it on again bam camera was fine.  Contacted Komputerbay a couple times, still waiting for an answer to swap my card.  If anybody had to return their card to Komputerbay, what's the process, and how long does it take for you to get it back? 

thorstone137

Quote from: Andy600 on July 23, 2013, 02:00:57 AM
Try this one: https://bitbucket.org/andy600/andy50d/downloads/raw2dng.exe

I tried the raw2dng.exe your suggested with the RAWs from last night and the same thing happens..

So I did a fresh install of your latest unified build by re-installing the 1.0.9 50d firmware, reformatting my 32g Kumputerbay 1000x card, and reinstalling ML. That seemed to clear it up. Weird.

araucaria

Quote from: goldenchild9to5 on July 23, 2013, 02:23:42 AM
Less than two months my Komputerbay 64GB 1000X went corrupt, or failed on me lol.. it won't show in camera, won't show on my mac, won't show on my PC.  This is how it happened.. Was running on @Gregoryofmanhattan July 11 Build 5X Zoom mode 1920x818 res aspect ration 2:35 after shooting for 30sec the camera froze-up put the camera switch on off nothing, finally pulled the battery out than put it back in turned it back on than nothing.  For a second I believed my camera was bricked, took the card out turned it on again bam camera was fine.  Contacted Komputerbay a couple times, still waiting for an answer to swap my card.  If anybody had to return their card to Komputerbay, what's the process, and how long does it take for you to get it back?
My 32gb KB card also died while in crop mode after stopping recording it wouldnt finish writing the buffer to the card, it wouldnt turn off so I had to take out the battery. After that there was no way of reviving the card.
Amazon wouldnt offer replace only refund(got lucky because it was during the 30day period). I was goin to get a transcent but the komputerbay is now 69€ and the transcent went from 86€ to 106€. I guess I will go with the transcent anyway, and avoid cropmode.

thorstone137

Just to clarify.. I take it there is no way to get past the 4gb RAW file limit?

Sorta defeats the 50d's writing speed capabilities.. at 1584x856 I can't seem to more than a min of continous footage.. :(

Andy600

Quote from: thorstone137 on July 23, 2013, 02:46:24 AM
Just to clarify.. I take it there is no way to get past the 4gb RAW file limit?

Sorta defeats the 50d's writing speed capabilities.. at 1584x856 I can't seem to more than a min of continous footage.. :(

??? If your card can record continuously it will record split files up to the cards limit. You just need to use an app or script to stitch them together. Raw2cdng will do it automatically

thorstone137

Quote from: Andy600 on July 23, 2013, 02:50:47 AM
??? If your card can record continuously it will record split files up to the cards limit. You just need to use an app or script to stitch them together. Raw2cdng will do it automatically

Thanks.. I guess I needed to dig a little deeper ;) I just successful joined 2 and converted with RAW2Dng! PROGRESS :p

Has anyone seen any differences is dng quality among the different raw converters?

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: araucaria on July 23, 2013, 02:42:04 AM
My 32gb KB card also died while in crop mode after stopping recording it wouldnt finish writing the buffer to the card, it wouldnt turn off so I had to take out the battery. After that there was no way of reviving the card.
Amazon wouldnt offer replace only refund(got lucky because it was during the 30day period). I was goin to get a transcent but the komputerbay is now 69€ and the transcent went from 86€ to 106€. I guess I will go with the transcent anyway, and avoid cropmode.

Thanks for letting me know araucaria, so that means I have to buy a new one after the 30 days right?  So how come so many are getting their cards exchanged, and saying that there is a lifetime guarantee on them?   

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: araucaria on July 23, 2013, 02:42:04 AM

Card is back running stronger than ever Araucadia, I just stayed positive about the situation.  I'm not sure what I did but all I remember is that I blew air in the pin holes shook the card-up a couple times put it in the memory card reader and Voila everything is there.  Mind you I've been trying for half a day to get it to show, or mount.  Going to reformat and reinstall everything  ;D

araucaria

Quote from: goldenchild9to5 on July 23, 2013, 03:59:25 AM
Card is back running stronger than ever Araucadia, I just stayed positive about the situation.  I'm not sure what I did but all I remember is that I blew air in the pin holes shook the card-up a couple times put it in the memory card reader and Voila everything is there.  Mind you I've been trying for half a day to get it to show, or mount.  Going to reformat and reinstall everything  ;D
Wow, thats great! anyway, if it breaks after the 30 days you still have warrant (2 years in europe) but its a pain to deal with manufacturers.

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: araucaria on July 23, 2013, 04:58:16 AM
Wow, thats great! anyway, if it breaks after the 30 days you still have warrant (2 years in europe) but its a pain to deal with manufacturers.

Thanks for the info.. I already sent them an email now I don't know what to do  ::) should I send it back, or just ride it out.  My philosophy on it is if it went dead and came back that means it's here to stay 8)