50D Raw video

Started by Andy600, May 22, 2013, 03:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainOfObvious

Quote from: goldenchild9to5 on June 11, 2013, 07:59:00 AM
I was able to span two clips with no problems, Zero pink frames, and drop frames playback is soo smooth.. Use @GregoryOfManhattan code it works.

I (finally) got spanning to work as well! Awesome, the only problem is I couldn't use Raw2Dng (OSX) to convert them, had to use RawMagic, does anyone know if raw2dng works with 50d spanned files yet? What did you use godlenchild?

This workflow is still a bit of a pain too, as RawMagic doesn't retain "as shot" white balance. So I then have to convert to tiff with RPP after some adjustments, then into MPEGSTREAMCLIP to output prores 444.

Andy600

Quote from: GregoryOfManhattan on June 11, 2013, 03:14:48 AM
wish it was in the first post of this thread

First post updated with latest build and added links to raw video installation threads etc.

@Gregory - I assume by 'official 50d checklist' you meant this thread: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5520.0 ??
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

rockfallfilms

Great work Gregory, I'll give your new build a go tonight.

Here's a frame from my weekend test shoot, I'm still trying to get on top of the workflow.

JulianH

Thanks again to all who donated for the Camera + CF card. With your help 1% was able to order a Komputerbay 64GB 1000X CF card, charger and AC adapter. The remaining funds went towards ML for hosting costs.

Chris50d

This might be interesting :O
looks like the 50d has a mic base built in :O

http://www.cinema5d.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/low.jpg

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Chris50d on June 11, 2013, 12:02:24 PM
This might be interesting :O
looks like the 50d has a mic base built in :O

http://www.cinema5d.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/low.jpg

Maybe it's possible to weld a female jack for connect a mic ?!?!

Andy600

Quote from: arrinkiiii on June 11, 2013, 12:18:42 PM
Maybe it's possible to weld a female jack for connect a mic ?!?!

No use unless a mic preamp is discovered and audio controls are in the FW
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Andy600 on June 11, 2013, 12:26:24 PM
No use unless a mic preamp is discovered and audio controls are in the FW

Maybe the preamp is already there, in the circuit board... need to send a email to planet 5d for see if its possible for them send a email to the anonymous canon work to ask him if it got.

Andy600, what is the meaning of FW (sorry for my ("dumbiness")  ;D

Roman

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Roman on June 11, 2013, 12:47:48 PM
Firmware.

Thank you Roman.

So, even if it got a mic preamp in the circuit board its impossible to do it because of the firmware or its possible with some code in the ML ? (just for be sure if its possible or not...)

Roman

riccardocovino

exciting times..
next discovery will be "50D has image based stabilization, only firmware disabled" :)
BMCC - 50D - D5200 - Nex5N

1%

Audio stuff is all in there.. mic is not hooked up.. audio is ak4646. I was going to make it beep next... but battery died. i'll have to use AA's.

720P encoder mode is in there too but not sure if the video mode works... will have to try in C mode.

derkiki

Quote from: 1% on June 11, 2013, 02:51:05 PM
Audio stuff is all in there.. mic is not hooked up.. audio is ak4646. I was going to make it beep next... but battery died. i'll have to use AA's.

720P encoder mode is in there too but not sure if the video mode works... will have to try in C mode.

Great news!

Andy600

8)

arrinkiiii

NOOOO... No way  :D  So its possible to weld a female jack (or something) and connect a mic?

The 50D already can handle 73MB/s maybe its possible to record to CF card or to the ssd (if the guys can pull out http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5470.225

Again... AMAZING !!!

scarimbolo

I installed Version 2.3 and the RAW-Module with the new Autoexec.bin on my 50D but it just doesn't work: as soon as I try converting the .RAW file into .DNG with the raw2dng app I only get an empty jpeg folder (that's alright) and a dng folder just with the log but without any images... I run a 32GB Transcend 60MB/s CF card.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Cheers

arrinkiiii

With the chip ak4646 its possible to connect headphones, line in, external mic, etc... this is very good news  :D

http://www.akm.com/akm/en/file/datasheet/AK4646EN.pdf

1%

No mic or mic port tho... so unless someone opens the camera and installs those you'll be recording silence.. I'll see what happens when I put in the beep. Have to work out whether I want to do it "lite" with no audio module or just do the whole thing.. I'm running out of space in the bin. Allocatemem doesn't go down no matter which way you patch it.

What is up with zoom mode.. when lv_save_raw is turned on it has all kinds of aberrations.

Have to update hacked mode to kill LV in zoom too. Maybe that will quiet it down for recording.

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: CaptainOfObvious on June 11, 2013, 09:58:24 AM
I (finally) got spanning to work as well! Awesome, the only problem is I couldn't use Raw2Dng (OSX) to convert them, had to use RawMagic, does anyone know if raw2dng works with 50d spanned files yet? What did you use godlenchild?

This workflow is still a bit of a pain too, as RawMagic doesn't retain "as shot" white balance. So I then have to convert to tiff with RPP after some adjustments, then into MPEGSTREAMCLIP to output prores 444.

I used RawMagic to span the clips, I don't think the white balance is a problem you can quickly balance a shot just make sure you have a grey card in your shot, or a piece of white paper to get close to white balance than tweak with tint. 

menoc

Son of a B@$%@CH!!

arrinkiiii

Quote from: 1% on June 11, 2013, 03:25:26 PM
No mic or mic port tho... so unless someone opens the camera and installs those you'll be recording silence.. I'll see what happens when I put in the beep. Have to work out whether I want to do it "lite" with no audio module or just do the whole thing.. I'm running out of space in the bin. Allocatemem doesn't go down no matter which way you patch it.

What is up with zoom mode.. when lv_save_raw is turned on it has all kinds of aberrations.

Have to update hacked mode to kill LV in zoom too. Maybe that will quiet it down for recording.

I dont mind to open a 50D and weld some cables. Do you think that i need to weld to the /board/chip or the camera got some kind of jumpers that i can connect? I already check the ak4646 chip and already know here is the external mic, headphones, etc... in the chip.

(I Am a owner of a 7D, not yet get enough money for a 50D   :-[  but for you guys see how i follow this religiously i even make a nonation for the 50D ...and im happy with that. I believe in this !!!

IN ML WE TRUST   :D

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: 1% on June 11, 2013, 03:25:26 PM

Great findings 1% 50D is the "ONE"  8)

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: JulianH on June 11, 2013, 11:45:46 AM
Thanks again to all who donated for the Camera + CF card. With your help 1% was able to order a Komputerbay 64GB 1000X CF card, charger and AC adapter. The remaining funds went towards ML for hosting costs.

Nice.. Great Job 50D community we made it happen..

menoc

Basically the 50D is a 5D Mark II with a smaller sensor . . .

No wonder this damn camera cost so much more than the T2i which had video and audio .  .