50D Raw video

Started by Andy600, May 22, 2013, 03:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: JulianH on June 01, 2013, 05:18:15 PM
They don't have buyer protection like eBay, it's really a Dutch thing where people just put stuff up, have a mail or phone conversation and pick up the stuff on location. I also bought a lot of stuff by just paying and hoping it would arrive (never had problems) but that is a risk.
Wouldn't advise this route if you are in the US.

Ok I see it's simular to Craigslist than.  Was reading one of your earlier post about the BMPCC I also have one on pre-order, it's a different tool than the 50D Longer recording time, Raw & the option to record compress ProRes when needed.  Don't think you should cancel your order that's just my opinion.   

JulianH

Quote from: goldenchild9to5 on June 01, 2013, 05:55:50 PM
Ok I see it's simular to Craigslist than.  Was reading one of your earlier post about the BMPCC I also have one on pre-order, it's a different tool than the 50D Longer recording time, Raw & the option to record compress ProRes when needed.  Don't think you should cancel your order that's just my opinion.   
Sure it's different, completely agree. Just for my needs (playing around...) the 50D is enough I think. By the time the BMPCC was announced, it was incredibly amazing to get raw video for $1K. That's what made me pull the trigger. With the 50D in my hands I find it hard to justify spending the $1K. Can always buy one later or wait what BM will bring next NAB ;)

menoc

Quote from: JulianH on June 01, 2013, 03:22:11 PM
I'm on a 50D hunt, I'm willing to buy one and ship it to you (from the Netherlands, you're in the US I heard? have to find out how that works with tax.. can ship as gift + low value I suppose). Then after that is done it would be nice if people could pay me some money back.

AC adapter is harder to find I think. I'll try to find a 50D this weekend, keep you guys posted.

This is the one you want. I've been using it constantly for over a year with no problems:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Adapter-ACK-E2-Power-Supply-for-Canon-EOS-40D-5D-50D-30D-35-350D-DSLR/400379843873?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D8072889161934500457%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D5%26sd%3D120658241461%26

HHL

Hey Peeps.  Real quick, is the latest and greatest build on the 2nd post of this thread?  I says its been updated, just wondering.  I'll start there and check back to see if anyone has anything better.  I checked the "latest builds" thread for ML, but it says that it isn't for RAW video updates.  Anywho...

JulianH

The newest build is here:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5586.msg43359#msg43359

I've asked Andy600 to include it in the topic start.

GregoryOfManhattan

50D 1k RAW video works.
black point is back where it belongs.

using ufraw-batch or RPP processing after modules/raw_rec/raw2dng
jpegs and links to tiffs and dng below.

RPP default values white balance "as shot" - seems off from the actual colors

need white balance auto to get close to scene colors, also here with the Duo profile

raw DNG used modules/raw_rec/raw2dng
http://50.56.67.113/ml-01June13/raw2dng-000035.dng

Tiffs
http://50.56.67.113/ml-01June13/rpp-wb-auto-Duo-000035.tiff

http://50.56.67.113/ml-01June13/ufraw-wb-auto-000035.tif

there's a minor bug in raw.c for zoom mode only takes certain skip_left values, otherwise the black point goes wild.
for wild black_point, RPP was able to produce OK tiffs.

at the moment, the framing is not available in zoom mode - only shows the right half of actual shot - use your imagination to set up.

spanning is now working for shots over the 4G limit.

a1ex

Post a silent pic DNG (silent photo, not video) to find the offsets.

JulianH

@GregoryOfManhattan: did you make a new build for spanning over 4GB? If so, can you upload it?

GregoryOfManhattan

Quote from: a1ex on June 01, 2013, 07:05:28 PM
don't i need the lv_rec module for silent pics?
if so, i'll have to do a little more work, as there are several undefined symbols when i try to load lv_rec on 50D.
otherwise, i'm not seeing silent picture mode - let me know if i'm missing something obvious here.

GregoryOfManhattan

Quote from: a1ex on June 01, 2013, 07:05:28 PM
btw - you are aware of the bug where skip_left cannot have certain values, such as zero.

JulianH

Silent picture mode isn't on the 50D afaik (at least not in the ML menu's).

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: JulianH on June 01, 2013, 06:11:51 PM
Sure it's different, completely agree. Just for my needs (playing around...) the 50D is enough I think. By the time the BMPCC was announced, it was incredibly amazing to get raw video for $1K. That's what made me pull the trigger. With the 50D in my hands I find it hard to justify spending the $1K. Can always buy one later or wait what BM will bring next NAB ;)

Definitely right you can always get it later or new model.. the 50D is doing Raw right now & does it well why wait. 

1%

50D is being sent... I'll find the correct skips unless you beat me to it. Also raw histo, etc. 50D seems to need a bit of work for normal ML stuff too. I think nobody had one to actively develop.

HHL

Quote from: JulianH on June 01, 2013, 06:45:17 PM
The newest build is here:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5586.msg43359#msg43359

I've asked Andy600 to include it in the topic start.

Thanks JulianH!  ML loaded, just getting used to it...I'll get this latest version and go from there.

GregoryOfManhattan

1% what is needed for silent pics on 50D?

some skip values should be zero, but that throws other errors with black points gone wild.
at the moment, putting in inaccurate skip values leads to better results.

do other camera have proper framing in zoom mode?
at the moment, 50D live view is only showing right half of actual frame.

1%

For silent pics? All the stubs and LV edmac.

How does raw_rec work without silent pics?

Skips can be 0 for some stuff, you have to have skips on either top or left.

600D:

#ifdef CONFIG_600D
        //  raw_info.height = mv1080crop ? 1042 : zoom ? 1100 : mv720 ? 714 : 1176;
        skip_top        =  26;
        skip_left       = zoom ?   0 : 152;
        skip_right      = zoom ?   0 : 2;
        #endif       

Skip is 0 in zoom mode.

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: 1% on June 01, 2013, 07:49:10 PM
50D is being sent... I'll find the correct skips unless you beat me to it. Also raw histo, etc. 50D seems to need a bit of work for normal ML stuff too. I think nobody had one to actively develop.

Nice.. 1% make the 50D shine we got your support whatever you need. 

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: GregoryOfManhattan on June 01, 2013, 07:58:25 PM
1% what is needed for silent pics on 50D?

some skip values should be zero, but that throws other errors with black points gone wild.
at the moment, putting in inaccurate skip values leads to better results.

do other camera have proper framing in zoom mode?
at the moment, 50D live view is only showing right half of actual frame.

I see you working none stop Gregory, thanks for all your help developing.  I started testing your build but don't have my fast card yet only getting a few seconds of record time. 

goldenchild9to5

Hey guy's how come whenever I shoot Raw my shots are all @ 30fps I put in on FPS Override but still comes out as 30fps, I'm definitely doing something wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.  Also is it possible to over over expose Raw to the point of no recovery?  I have one interior shot looking out a window looks totally blown out, and when I try to recover detail can't get nothing back. 

1%

Yep, will be fun... btw pink frames on 600D were found to be from CPU usage form global draw. Check cpu usage... dunno if 50D has show cpu in debug menu.

And yes, you can over/under the raw to where nothing will help.

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: 1% on June 01, 2013, 09:36:39 PM
Yep, will be fun... btw pink frames on 600D were found to be from CPU usage form global draw. Check cpu usage... dunno if 50D has show cpu in debug menu.

Got ya will be more careful with my highlights.  Gonna check if 50D has Global draw in menu & I'll check back with you. 

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: 1% on June 01, 2013, 09:36:39 PM

How do you check your Shutter Count in ML, wanna know if it has a low Shutter count like described in the listing. 

1%

I hope it has global draw... cpu usage and shutter count should be in the debug menu. If they're not will have to find out why.

JulianH

Quote from: 1% on June 01, 2013, 09:52:15 PM
I hope it has global draw... cpu usage and shutter count should be in the debug menu. If they're not will have to find out why.
Yes, yes and yes. It's all there.

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: 1% on June 01, 2013, 09:52:15 PM

Found it yes it has CPU Usage and I saw the Shutter Count 18K.  I couldn't find global draw.. What does that mean "Scripts Dir Missing" it shows up every time I boot ML.