50D Raw video

Started by Andy600, May 22, 2013, 03:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregoryOfManhattan

Quote from: a1ex on May 31, 2013, 12:47:50 PM
Set the skip offsets to 0, set 1024 for black level, then check the black border sizes in Paint (count the pixels). That's it.
understood and the comments on pull request as well.
thanks you.

1%

How many real modes do you guys have avail? I have a feeling 24p and possibly others are in there without FPS override... again another thing to check in the dump. You'd have to switch them manually.

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: 1% on May 31, 2013, 04:22:51 PM
How many real modes do you guys have avail? I have a feeling 24p and possibly others are in there without FPS override... again another thing to check in the dump. You'd have to switch them manually.

Thank you for contribution 1% 

goldenchild9to5

My 50D is in town should be delivered today, or I'll go pick it up myself  ;D  Should be helping out soon. 

GregoryOfManhattan

1%
are you suggesting:
compile with  CONFIG_DEBUGMSG=1
Dump ROM from Debug
examine ROM0.bin for "real modes" ?

can you please provide examples of what to look for.
otherwise, i'd think of diffing platform/5D2.212/stubs.S and platform/50D.109/stubs.S to see whats missing on 50D that is present on 5D2.

savale

Since there is no real conclusion yet: I will try exFat tomorrow.

hammermina

@ julian

my 550d now get up to 2496*1065 in crop mode...
i take the new raw.rec.mo from the 5d3 and replace it works without any problems..
you guys should try the same!

1%

Quoteexamine ROM0.bin for "real modes" ?

Yup, and look for exfat + get 640K memory.

Look for this: H264E InitializeH264Encode in strings.

If you get a dump, send it this way too and I can poke around.

novielo

Quote from: hammermina on May 31, 2013, 06:03:44 PM
@ julian

my 550d now get up to 2496*1065 in crop mode...
i take the new raw.rec.mo from the 5d3 and replace it works without any problems..
you guys should try the same!

How many frames can you record at 2496*1065 before it stops?

hammermina

i can record still to 4gb but only 4fps:-) ots perfect for timelapsing...but still remember the 550d has this ugly 21.3mb/s limit and the 50d didnt.
i think thw 50d can do 12 fps at this res...

CFP

In 5X Crop mode the 50D's resolution is "only" ~ 1920 X 1080. To record continuously with this resolution at 24 frames per second the 50D would need 83 Megabyte/s write speed. We already saw benchmarks in play back mode which have proven that the 50D has that write speed.

But in LiveView the write speed drops. Until somebody finds a way to avoid that, full HD isn't possible for more than a few seconds.

And it would be crop, of course.

hammermina

@CFP

this hack now exists since 2 weeks...wait what the future brings. 3 days ago the 550d was max 1730 now its near 2600...

if the guys get a hand on implement 12 or 10 bit raw or efen an compession like red does.the train will rolling fast.

still trinking tee and testing the newest versions and report bugs:-)

thats what i do...

1%

Kill the edmacs when recording.. see if speed goes up.

Saw a 50D for 450... still too much for me to drop on a whim.

hammermina

@CFP

replace only the raw_rec.mo from newest 5dm3

Here is the new updated build for the 5D3
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7QlH_BH2m32d3Y4em1lZEYwOE0&usp=sharing

and report

on my 550D it brings me the 2496 in 5*zoom

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: 1% on May 31, 2013, 07:12:12 PM

Great news Just got my 50D in the mail ;D I have a 30mb/s card right now which is slow but still gonna give it a run.  KomputerBay 64GB card coming tomorrow I'll be prepping for when it comes.  @ the moment I'm charging battery to update to firmware v1.0.9 currently it's v1.0.7 .   Got one question are there any settings in camera that I should enable, or disable before shooting Raw?

goldenchild9to5

Quote from: 1% on May 31, 2013, 07:12:12 PM

Everybody Let's put money together and help 1% get a 50D.. The more we help each other the better the hacks for the 50D and other canons will be... Who is in?   

$10 each person, & if you want to put more that's even better (X) 50 people that's $500

1% let us know if you approve? 

I'm ready to put my contribution in.

hijodeibn

Quote from: goldenchild9to5 on May 31, 2013, 07:51:22 PM
Everybody Let's put money together and help 1% get a 50D.. The more we help each other the better the hacks for the 50D and other canons will be... Who is in?   

$10 each person, & if you want to put more that's even better (X) 50 people that's $500

I totally agree.....1% please give us your paypal account......and please everybody give some money to 1%......he is doing an incredible work for all of us....

muddmanrich

Count me in for $20. It's the least i can do.

artiswar

Count me in.

JulianH

Quote from: hammermina on May 31, 2013, 07:43:43 PM
@CFP

Here is the new updated build for the 5D3
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7QlH_BH2m32d3Y4em1lZEYwOE0&usp=sharing

and report

on my 550D it brings me the 2496 in 5*zoom
Will give it a try!

Also will upload dngs with black bars as soon as I get home.

@GoldenChild: put the camera on jpg to maximize buffer. Turn on exposure simulation in live view menu. Good luck, enjoy and share your footage.

Considering collecting money for devs to buy bodies: Andy and me are looking into that.

pbr

I'm in for $20.

(eagerly awaiting my 50d!)

CFP

Quote from: hammermina on May 31, 2013, 07:07:17 PM
My EOS 600D simply freezes if I do that ;)

But it doesn't matter to me.

On the 600D we had 2496 X 1065 in 5X/10X crop mode since the very first build. That's nothing new.

But every camera has a max. resolution in 1X mode and a max resolution in 5X/10X mode.
And for the 50D that's simply 1592 X 1062 and 1920 X 1080. For the 550D/600D/60D it's 1732 X 1154 and 2496 X 1065. And the 5D Mark III has even higher resolutions in both modes.

And since 1% said that there likely won't be a way to increase it, I would simply stop dreaming and be happy with what we already have :D

arrinkiiii

Im in   :D

artiswar

What I'm most interested in at this point is getting spanning to work. I'm more than satisfied with the images produced thus far. Just want to be able to roll a long clip.

Andy600

Guys,

Thankyou for your enthusiasm.

We are seeking clarification from admins regarding donations specifically for development. However, there is nothing to stop you privately donating to an individual in recognition of their help and advice given on this or any other forum. What they use your donation for is entirely up to them but please do so privately ;)

Hopefully the admin team will make an announcement soon covering donation issues and other matters.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com