50D Raw video

Started by Andy600, May 22, 2013, 03:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

skip_top = 26 -> correct
skip_left = zoom ? 64: 74 -> wrong, should be zoom ? 0 : idk (all the DNGs were for zoom as far as I could tell)

Andy600

Quote from: a1ex on June 21, 2013, 10:43:31 PM
skip_top = 26 -> correct
skip_left = zoom ? 64: 74 -> wrong, should be zoom ? 0 : idk (all the DNGs were for zoom as far as I could tell)

I put a non-zoomed DNG in the zip 00000006.DNG

Sorry, what file to change skip values? I'll recompile it 

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Andy600

Quote from: rockfallfilms on June 21, 2013, 10:29:36 PM
Todays unified that @gregory posted at the bottom of the other thread.

Just tried your June 18th build and get the same issue.

Have you tried deleting your config files? Delete everything off the card and copy Gregory's build. I just checked and I'm having issues with raw preview modes too
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

a1ex

Quote from: Andy600 on June 21, 2013, 10:51:39 PM
I put a non-zoomed DNG in the zip 00000006.DNG

Hm, that one also has skip_top=26 and skip_left=0. Interesting, 50D looks unique.

rockfallfilms

Quote from: Andy600 on June 21, 2013, 10:53:26 PM
Have you tried deleting your config files? Delete everything off the card and copy Gregory's build. I just checked and I'm having issues with raw preview modes too

Yeah I've done a clean install from a format. When in normal mode, pressing the middle joystick is snapping the focus box to the middle of the screen so the joystick appears to be working ok. In 5x mode, pressing the joystick just moves the focus box around the screen randomly on each press but doesn't change the preview grey or let me see anymore of what I'm shooting.

When I long press it goes to a menu, I thought the camera was faulty but it looks like it's supposed to do that.

GregoryOfManhattan

Quote from: a1ex on June 21, 2013, 10:43:31 PM
skip_top = 26 -> correct
hey there, remember the procedure now - set all of the skip values to 0, created a build.
shot silent pic DNGs.

we did that 2 weeks ago and got the results here
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5586.msg46715#msg46715

why is it different today?

it looks easier to just set 
define RAW_DEBUG in platform/50D.109/features.h
but shouldn't that be the same as forcing all of the values to zero in src/raw.c (for the CONFIG_50D near line 348)

i also see that the code for the 5D2 had to change these values a couple of days ago - has something else shifted these values for all cameras?

Andy600 - do you see where in the code a1ex is referring?
the test should be to set skip to 0 (and/or/or only -  define RAW_DEBUG - ask a1ex)
shoot silent mode DNGs then count the blackness.

Andy600

Quote from: a1ex on June 21, 2013, 10:59:43 PM
Hm, that one also has skip_top=26 and skip_left=0. Interesting, 50D looks unique.

So if I set skip_left = zoom ? 0: ???

I should just trial and error the other value?

Andy600

Quote from: GregoryOfManhattan on June 21, 2013, 11:08:40 PM
hey there, remember the procedure now - set all of the skip values to 0, created a build.
shot silent pic DNGs.

we did that 2 weeks ago and got the results here
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5586.msg46715#msg46715

why is it different today?

it looks easier to just set 
define RAW_DEBUG in platform/50D.109/features.h
but shouldn't that be the same as forcing all of the values to zero in src/raw.c (for the CONFIG_50D near line 348)

i also see that the code for the 5D2 had to change these values a couple of days ago - has something else shifted these values for all cameras?

Andy600 - do you see where in the code a1ex is referring?
the test should be to set skip to 0 (and/or/or only -  define RAW_DEBUG - ask a1ex)
shoot silent mode DNGs then count the blackness.

Yep, in raw.c right?

GregoryOfManhattan

#ifdef CONFIG_50D
        skip_top    =  0;
        skip_left   =  0;
        skip_right  = 0;
        skip_bottom = 0;
        #endif

though as i am now reading c code it does look like you could just
#define RAW_DEBUG
in features.h

would be interesting if your DNGs had different borders from the ones JulianH and i shot 2 weeks ago.
many things are changing and they just had to update the values for the 5D2

Andy600

Quote from: GregoryOfManhattan on June 21, 2013, 11:15:58 PM

#ifdef CONFIG_50D
        skip_top    =  0;
        skip_left   =  0;
        skip_right  = 0;
        skip_bottom = 0;
        #endif

though as i am now reading c code it does look like you could just
#define RAW_DEBUG
in features.h

would be interesting if your DNGs had different borders from the ones JulianH and i shot 2 weeks ago.
many things are changing and they just had to update the values for the 5D2

yes, I think we need to recheck. Also there's no need to define top and bottom skips if they are 0 (as currently set in raw.c) correct?

BTW I was probably still waiting for my CF card when all this was being done so I wasn't testing.

re: features.h - try it

a1ex

To get the offsets from dng:

dng2raw foo.dng -> this will set the offsets to 0
raw2dng foo.raw

From the latest samples, I'd say skip_top 26 and all the others 0.

Andy600

Maybe it's this RAW_DEBUG_BLACK not RAW_debug?

Andy600

Quote from: a1ex on June 21, 2013, 11:28:12 PM
To get the offsets from dng:

dng2raw foo.dng -> this will set the offsets to 0
raw2dng foo.raw

From the latest samples, I'd say skip_top 26 and all the others 0.

Ok, I'll try that before we start debugging

Andy600

Ok, looks like I've found the problem :)

Should be:

skip_top    = 26;
        skip_left   = zoom ? 74 : 74;

This means max frame dimensions are actually:

1590 x 1058 normal mode
1990 x 1080 zoomed

Took lots of DNGs, none were pink or corrupted

a1ex

Where did you find the left border? I couldn't see it in your samples...

Andy600

Quote from: a1ex on June 22, 2013, 12:18:52 AM
Where did you find the left border? I couldn't see it in your samples...

it's not in the samples. I reset to 0 and measured again

Just trying some raw video with these settings now

update: Video is fine. No pink or corrupt frames :) in normal and zoomed mode. Tried several resolutions. All looking good!

Maybe the 500d is also wrong too as it had the same settings?

1%

Bit bucket isn't letting me upload anymore :(... i dunno did I upload too many files or they hate me..

http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=zt8KEGWau

That is today's stuff as of this moment.

Module with no doubled frame skip... ooops
http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=4j28LxXwG

Andy600

Quote from: 1% on June 22, 2013, 01:18:47 AM
Bit bucket isn't letting me upload anymore :(... i dunno did I upload too many files or they hate me..

http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=zt8KEGWau

That is today's stuff as of this moment.

Module with no doubled frame skip... ooops
http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=4j28LxXwG

Just tried and all videos have a left border. 1920x1080 records a few frames then frames go black

CaptainOfObvious

Quote from: Andy600 on June 22, 2013, 02:40:34 AM
Just tried and all videos have a left border. 1920x1080 records a few frames then frames go black

Same, I'm also getting a 71x930 border on the left side when recording max view. 1:1 1920x1080 records a few frames then frames go black.

JulianH

I was away for work a few days and now suddenly the 1080p barrier seems broken. Amazing! :)
I'm away for the weekend - took my camera with yesterdays build by Gregory.
I'm reading about this workflow where you have to use 'don't click me' - whenever I do that my camera crashes hard though. I press it before enabling live view. The display turns black and i cant turn on live view or get a menu on the screen. When I press the shutter I get Err 80.

Any advice on the don't click me thing?

a1ex

Andy600

Quote from: JulianH on June 22, 2013, 09:34:52 AM
I was away for work a few days and now suddenly the 1080p barrier seems broken. Amazing! :)
I'm away for the weekend - took my camera with yesterdays build by Gregory.
I'm reading about this workflow where you have to use 'don't click me' - whenever I do that my camera crashes hard though. I press it before enabling live view. The display turns black and i cant turn on live view or get a menu on the screen. When I press the shutter I get Err 80.

Any advice on the don't click me thing?

Use 'don't click me' only for 1%'s build

1%

I made a new menu for this.. just have to see hat is up with these skips.

Andy600

Quote from: 1% on June 22, 2013, 02:58:55 PM
I made a new menu for this.. just have to see hat is up with these skips.

have you tried the cache hack code a1ex suggested in reply #1693?

1%

Hmm.. should actually try his cache hack for all the time and see if it fixes the menus.

Ok also what about shutter speeds?

In movie mode if you follow the timer real speeds are like 1/24 - something... the gui still lets you turn past it and then ML can freeze. Not locking the speeds gives you fake shutters that don't change expo and you still lock when in movie mode it goes to like 20".

Gentler hack: 79.1
Full Hack 80.1

So maybe slow it down some more.

Hmm.. 4096 is almost there... going to try 8192... I guess best thing would be make this an option, either totally off or 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, etc... 4096 is almost good enough for menu.