RAWanizer - windows batch generation of video files from RAW

Started by marten, May 21, 2013, 03:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharak

once you go raw you never go back

mmarko

Not working on that version too. Is there someone here who I can send one small file, just to try, please?

mmarko

Tried with Ginger HDR in AE on PC. This is what happened:

ASSERT FAILED: currSize> 0
Line: 17
File: src/CommonLib/src/BinaryFile.cpp
Func: BinaryFileRead::ReadFile

Error logged to file:
C:/Users/lee/Documents/19lights/Ginger-HDR-Proxy-log.txt
please send the error...

kaco

Hi, I am using RAWanizer 0.6.1 under Windows 8.1 64bit

When having raws with more than 1:25 (one minute and 25 secs, which is approx 2040 dngs), the half resolution proxy is generated correctly. But when I try to swich the proxy to full resolution and DNxHD 185, the video will be generated at the maximum time approx 1:25 (with no error message). Same problem when trying to use TIFFs exported from Lightroom. I have more than 6000 tiffs in the folder, but the maximum lenght of the DNxHD video is 1:25 :-/

kaco

Quote from: kaco on January 25, 2014, 12:06:35 PM
Hi, I am using RAWanizer 0.6.1 under Windows 8.1 64bit

When having raws with more than 1:25 (one minute and 25 secs, which is approx 2040 dngs), the half resolution proxy is generated correctly. But when I try to swich the proxy to full resolution and DNxHD 185, the video will be generated at the maximum time approx 1:25 (with no error message). Same problem when trying to use TIFFs exported from Lightroom. I have more than 6000 tiffs in the folder, but the maximum lenght of the DNxHD video is 1:25 :-/

I tried to switch from DNxHD to prores444 and now it seems to work fine (i can export videos longer than 5 minutes without any problem).

Kharak

Quote from: mmarko on January 24, 2014, 11:03:01 AM
Not working on that version too. Is there someone here who I can send one small file, just to try, please?

do you have .net 4.5 installed?

mmarko

Yes. I have reinstalled computer yesterday (not cause of this) and I got new problem with Rawanizer, it won't start.

Kharak

Quote from: mmarko on January 27, 2014, 02:05:24 AM
Yes. I have reinstalled computer yesterday (not cause of this) and I got new problem with Rawanizer, it won't start.

Quote from: Kharak on October 20, 2013, 02:16:58 AM
Just wanna add, that I found a way to make RAWanizer include camera profile information. EDIT: The raw2dng is for 5DMKII only

raw2dng: https://www.dropbox.com/s/29qkvnf3pa1c6b7/raw2dng.exe

I overwrited the raw2dng.exe file in RAWanizer tools folder with an older raw2dng (says Last Modified 15. July) which includes camera profile, this alone did not work for me (maybe you will have better luck), but then I also copied the raw2dng in to a folder that had RAW files in it, started converting a RAW file with raw2dng - aborted (ctrl+a - ctrl+c) - Started converting that same file with RAWanizer and now RAWanizer includes Camera profile information on all other RAW files and folders, so you can choose correct Vision Log, faithful, adobe standard etc. :) Hope this will work for others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today RAWanizer did the same crash as ubejavshiy reported 2 pages back or so and I had a while ago too. I couldn't use RAWanizer for quite some time until one day it just worked. But I believe I found the cause of the error and how to get around it.

So RAWanizer spit this message in my face today and I was like "PLEASE nooo!!".

I had chosen a folder that had some RAW files in it and then the program crashed and when opened again I got the message above. So after re-installing, CCleaning, Moving, adding, compatibility, admin rights, you name it and nothing worked. I was pulling the last few hairs out of my head and I pulled the Hard Drive out which RAWanizer accessed last. (Even though I deleted RAWanizer in Control Panel, it still seems to remember its last location)

I Opened RAWanizer and it worked. Then I tried accessing the same folder again and the error report came up again, instead of choosing Exit, I choose continue and chose another folder containing some other RAW files and those files worked with RAWanizer. So I looked in to the folder in which RAWanizer crashed in. Found a RAW file which was 1 or 0 kb, not sure right now. Deleted it and tried accessing the folder again via RAWanizer and voila!! It worked.

So if anyone else got this problem, try this solution :)

From 2 pages back

Canon eos m

I am getting the exact same error. Been trying to sort this out since the last 2 hours (install, uninstall, etc.). Nothing works. The error keeps coming back.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Kharak

Quote from: Canon eos m on February 02, 2014, 02:26:20 PM
I am getting the exact same error. Been trying to sort this out since the last 2 hours (install, uninstall, etc.). Nothing works. The error keeps coming back.

did you read the post?

Check your folder that contains the RAW that you worked on the last time. See if you can find a raw file that is 0 or 1 kb or close to that, basically a useless raw file. Then delete it.

pascal

Very much thanks to the author of this tool. Where many other tools have failed this one does exactly what is needed to process ML RAW files. It batch-converts RAW files conviniently to DNG sequences without any unnecessary overhead.

edge11

is there any way to set up chroma soothing ala  raw2dng cs2x2?
thanks guys.

sqd

I'm just wondering (and it's probably because I'm dumb :p), but.. I have GoPro Studio Premium installed, and I change the output parameters in Rawanizer from -422 to -raw, but the file it produces is still smaller than from what I get with 444.. is that correct?

Also, does anyone know of the quality comparison between Raw converted to Cineform 444  vs. the standard Canon .mov files?

guentergunter

Hello marten,
since a few days now there's a discussion about the future resolutions available for the 5D2 (and maybe other cameras).

It started with a1ex:

Quote from: a1ex on March 14, 2014, 09:55:26 PM
The horizontal resolution is restricted to multiples of 8 bytes and 16 pixels according to latest findings. This restriction is valid at least for 5D3 and 6D (didn't do much testing on other cameras), but I'd like to keep the code portable without camera-specific exceptions.

So, before including this change in nightly builds, I'd like to ask you which is better: 1888 with 8 pixels of black border that you will have to crop, or 1856 without any border pixels? Between these 2 values, there are no valid resolutions that respect the alignment restrictions.

This change was discussed here:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3904.msg106087#msg106087
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/438/raw-recording-force-line-size-to-be/diff

In my opinion, it would be no problem to simply discard black borders from an image while converting to dng:

Quote from: guentergunter on March 24, 2014, 08:39:02 AM
...and it's also no coding effort to discard pixels while converting to dng. The user wouldn't even realize it!
This way, no one has to crop anything actively in post! It's simply done in background in the ever necessary converting (to dng) step.

I'm no programmer (just some very basic skills).
Thus it would be really great, if you could just leave a little comment about it as a programmer to help us sort things out for the 5D2 (and other cameras with the same problem):

Specific 5D2 threat

Thank you very much!
5D2 ML RAW + VAF-5D2b: http://vimeo.com/69350650

Kharak

@Guenter.

Sorry to say, but Marten has not been around for several months. He disappeared without a word, Hope he's okey.

Rawanizer is the greatest raw_rec post processor in my opinion. Looks like it won't ever go past 0.6.1.

Edit: but RAWanizer only needs the raw2dng to crop those 8 pixels. You can change what raw2dng Rawanizer uses.. So if someone else programs a raw2dng to crop 8 pixels, then RAWanizer will do so too.

Nautilus

I extracted DNGs from raw file using raw2dngcs2x2.exe (to remove pink dots) and then trying to make ProRes 444 video file from them using RAWanizer. But i keep getting this error: "No video sequence folder found"
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

ratheesh

Which is better RAWANIZER or MLV converter? It would be better to have mlv file conversion within RAWanizer

rking

Anyway to have folders for the dngs to not have .dng at the end?  Makes them unreadable by Davinci Resolve. 

Kharak

The developer has been gone for almost a year now.

I don't think any more changes will be made to this program.

I enjoy this program the most for raw_rec though.

pakal

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to use this software to convert dng sequences (extracted from mlv with mlv converter ) to mov.
But I get this error :

21:34:23 Start creating video from MLV_WHARF_A002_201645_C00001-dng
21:34:23 Failed:
No video sequence folder found
21:34:23 All items Finished

I've seen someone had the same issue. I guess it's just a naming convention the program doesn't recognize.
Can someone post the way the folders are named and the files inside please?

Would be a big help to batch convert all these folders!

Thanks
Pascal

DolphinCreative

Alex Stroud

Hi. I'm a little confused. I'm making the transition to a cineform workflow. I work on a 2014 Mac Pro, so I have paid for a copy of windows and VMware, and have installed RAW2GPCF and rawanizer on the windows side.

Where does Cineform Studio fit in? I've paid for it but I haven't got the activation code yet so I don't think I'm tied into what system I put it on. Does it need to be on the windows or mac side? AFAIK you need Studio Premium to get rawanizer to export Cineform raw (I assume it's giving you the licenses to encode to Cineform, which makes me think that it should be on the windows side), but I'd ideally want it on the Mac side because I have an apple laptop that could be used for another guy to remote grade during editing with the active meta data.

Anyway, I'm generally just a little confused with where Cineform Studio needs to be.

Cheers guys

glubber

EOS 550D // Sigma 18-200 // Sigma 18-70 // Canon 10-18 STM

eld3rs

I have just shot my first video in RAW format on the BMCC. I got .DNG files off the camera and since i had to return the hired camera. Now i want to preview the files in my regular media player instead of inside the NLE because its faster. I've tried using rawanizer to produce the proxies but it creates tiffs as well but all i want is the proxy video at any quality (even the lowest just for previewing). Is there a converter or any other way i can get a proxy from dng. I understand i can do it in After effects, even premiere but those eat up my memory and time,,, i want something lite like Rawanizer.

dmilligan