RAWanizer - windows batch generation of video files from RAW

Started by marten, May 21, 2013, 03:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marten

Quote from: hookah on May 27, 2013, 10:21:52 PM
would it be possible to use RAWanizer as frontend for DANewman´s RAW2GPCF cineform tool ?

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5479.msg41378#msg41378

With the new patch 0.4.0 (link in first post) you have it. Haven't got the top progress bar to work yet, they are not send out any breaks I can catch :(

You have to install the software according to the linked message

1%

Won't find the file... its in :

C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Tools

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at RAWanizer.CommandTool.RunProcessAsync(String commandPath, String Parameters, String workingDirectory)
   at RAWanizer.ProcessItem.CineformRaw2Video()
   at RAWanizer.frmNewAsync.CineformRawToVideoNext()

Something I did?

Also not making any proxy videos right now:

C:\Program: No such file or directory

DANewman

Quote from: marten on May 28, 2013, 05:21:31 PM
With the new patch 0.4.0 (link in first post) you have it. Haven't got the top progress bar to work yet, they are not send out any breaks I can catch :(

You have to install the software according to the linked message

Add the '-v' switch to RAW2GPCF.exe, you should get more console output.

marten

Quote from: 1% on May 29, 2013, 01:58:10 AM
Won't find the file... its in :

C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Tools

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at RAWanizer.CommandTool.RunProcessAsync(String commandPath, String Parameters, String workingDirectory)
   at RAWanizer.ProcessItem.CineformRaw2Video()
   at RAWanizer.frmNewAsync.CineformRawToVideoNext()

Something I did?

Also not making any proxy videos right now:

Sorry, I looked at the path for 'tools' on my machine and it was under the 'GoPro' folder. Thought it would all be the same so hardcoded it, but it turns out some installations get a 'Cineform' folder instead. Now, with 0.4.2,  it will check for both and you can also set it manually . I'm also checking if the file actually exists before I try to start processing. It was stupid of me to hardcode it...

Levinson

Hi Marten.

If Cineform output is selected, Rawanizer attempts to create a cineform video file even if "No Video" has been selected from the options at the bottom (even though all video options are greyed out). Is that expected behaviour?

Great program so far. Thank you for putting the time into it! Although it wasn't necessary, thank you also for adding the "delete proxy Tiff" option, probably as a result of my earlier question.

:)
5d3, 5d2 & 550d

JulianH

Just did a clean install of RAWanizer with the updated .exe, but it failes at creating MP4 proxies:

Quote21:19:51 Start creating proxy from M30-1809.RAW
21:19:51 Failed:
ffmpeg version N-35966-g1d0ae92, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Dec 19 2011 13:01:15 with gcc 4.6.2
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
  libavutil    51. 32. 0 / 51. 32. 0
  libavcodec   53. 46. 1 / 53. 46. 1
  libavformat  53. 27. 0 / 53. 27. 0
  libavdevice  53.  4. 0 / 53.  4. 0
  libavfilter   2. 53. 0 /  2. 53. 0
  libswscale    2.  1. 0 /  2.  1. 0
  libpostproc  51.  2. 0 / 51.  2. 0
Input #0, image2, from 'D:\Video\00000-RAW\50D-haven\M30-1809.dng\proxytiff\M%06d.tiff':
  Duration: 00:00:06.37, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0:0: Video: tiff, rgba, 800x400, 24 fps, 24 tbr, 24 tbn, 24 tbc

pacman829

Quote from: JulianH on May 30, 2013, 09:24:07 PM
Just did a clean install of RAWanizer with the updated .exe, but it failes at creating MP4 proxies:

Updated and it doesnt want to make any kind of proxies (prores/mp4/dnxHD ) for me .. :S with the same error code as above
5mkII User

1%

Cineform seems the way to go.. 800MB file vs 40GB of tiffs.

Wonder if he updated the exe to do the new de-banding thing from a1ex. Last night had no more issues with proxies using full install. I have to replace ffmpeg (its a year old, single core 32bit) and try again but stock worked.

marten

Quote from: JulianH on May 30, 2013, 09:24:07 PM

I can't reproduce your problem. Could you check if you have any tiff files in the folder specified in the error log? (The line starting with Input #0, image2, from ...)

marten

Quote from: pacman829 on May 31, 2013, 01:04:18 AM
Updated and it doesnt want to make any kind of proxies (prores/mp4/dnxHD ) for me .. :S with the same error code as above

Could you also check if you have any tiff files in the folder specified in the error log? (The line starting with Input #0, image2, from ...)

marten

Another idea for the problem. Can you use the default custom setting for video (-r:v {InputVideoFps} -i "{InputVideoName}" -c:v libx264 -b:v 5000k "{OutputVideoName}.mp4")? Still the same error?

korbendallas1976

I have the same error as above if I use any of the non-custom video generating option (mp4, xdcam, dnxhd, prores).
Choosing the custom one is OK.

I guess the error on the last line of the log should give some info:

09:29:03 Failed:
FFmbc version 0.7-rc8
Copyright (c) 2008-2013 Baptiste Coudurier and the FFmpeg developers
Input #0, image2, from 'F:\movie\_TMP\r2\M01-0740.dng\proxytiff\M%06d.tiff':
  Duration: 00:00:09.95, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0(und): Video: tiff, rgb24, 1880x706p, 24.00 fps

I hope it helps.
(I have Win7 64 bit, if it does matter)

EOSHD

Some feedback from my test of RAWanizer and RAW2GPCF:

I can create CineForm AVI videos no problem, but Resolve needs MOV. At the command line with RAW2GPCF I can get MOV but not in RAWanizer when I change .avi to .mov in the CineForm parameters box - although RAW2GPCF runs it doesn't produce a file and the RAWanizer batch ends with 'aborted by user'. Any solution?

Rather than just a CineForm parameters text box can it be radio buttons in future for less advanced users?

CineForm Decoder and GoPro Studio give us two Tools directories so make sure RAW2GPCF is in the right one. With only CineForm Decoder installed and the RAW2GPCF.exe placed in the CineForm Tools directory, clips could not be produced. Does RAW2GPCF work with just the CineForm Decoder installed or does it require GoPro Studio?

I'm running Windows 7 in VMWare Fusion within OSX. Tried it in XP - doesn't work, and .NET 4.5 only runs in 7. Would be helpful if the app could be made to work in XP SP3 for those not running 7.

I cannot make a CineForm clip with the Video option selected, only Proxy. I get the TIFF error. This is confusing, can it be changed?

kgv5

I am getting such thing

18:11:41 Start extracting dng from M01-1220.RAW
18:12:29 Finished
18:12:29 Start converting tiff from M01-1220.RAW
18:12:44 Finished
18:12:44 Start creating proxy from M01-1220.RAW
18:12:45 Failed:

18:12:45 All items Finished

Tiff files are created but then application just turns off.
What could I do?

EDIT: I reinstalled the app, changed ffmpeg with the newest version but no success - still "failed" and no creating proxy movie
I use win7 64bit

EDIT2: newest version 0.3.3 and 0.4.2 patch doesn't work either...  :(
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

marten

I think I found the problem with ffmpeg failing. In an effort to get mxf to work properly I always include an dummy wav file if original sound is missing. In the installer I forgot to include the dummy wav file... There is a link in first post. Put it in tools subfolder and try. Here is the link https://bitbucket.org/bjurhulta/rawanizer-release/downloads/dummy1s.wav

I should do a new installer but have no time right now, sorry.

marten

Quote from: EOSHD on June 01, 2013, 03:39:06 PM
Some feedback from my test of RAWanizer and RAW2GPCF:

I can create CineForm AVI videos no problem, but Resolve needs MOV. At the command line with RAW2GPCF I can get MOV but not in RAWanizer when I change .avi to .mov in the CineForm parameters box - although RAW2GPCF runs it doesn't produce a file and the RAWanizer batch ends with 'aborted by user'. Any solution?

Rather than just a CineForm parameters text box can it be radio buttons in future for less advanced users?

CineForm Decoder and GoPro Studio give us two Tools directories so make sure RAW2GPCF is in the right one. With only CineForm Decoder installed and the RAW2GPCF.exe placed in the CineForm Tools directory, clips could not be produced. Does RAW2GPCF work with just the CineForm Decoder installed or does it require GoPro Studio?

I'm running Windows 7 in VMWare Fusion within OSX. Tried it in XP - doesn't work, and .NET 4.5 only runs in 7. Would be helpful if the app could be made to work in XP SP3 for those not running 7.

I cannot make a CineForm clip with the Video option selected, only Proxy. I get the TIFF error. This is confusing, can it be changed?

I just tested to changed .avi to .mov and I get the file generated as it should. And it opens fine in Vegas, don't have Resolve. Did you keep the quotation marks around the filename ("{OutputVideoName}.mov")? They are needed if file path contains spaces. I cannot reproduce your problem right now.

There is no big reason for me to make a clickable interface to building the parameters, at least not now when I don't know which parameters are "universally" useful to all. Is there a parameter setting that everybody uses?

I do not have anything to do with the installation of cineform and the tool (I have not license to do it), so I cannot control where things end up. RAWanizer tries to guess where it is, but if that fails you can manually set the location of the cineform tool by clicking the 'folder settings' button.

I decided to use .net 4.5 so I could use the new threading options there. I currently do not have time to go over and rewrite the threading with other tools so for now it will require .net 4.5. Sorry.

I understand the confusing thing with cineform and  the video option. I will disable that option for cineform. As described in original post, that option is for making a videofile out of tiffs which has no meaning in cineform workflow. Cineform = Proxy video.

kgv5

Quote from: marten on June 01, 2013, 11:37:02 PM
I think I found the problem with ffmpeg failing. In an effort to get mxf to work properly I always include an dummy wav file if original sound is missing. In the installer I forgot to include the dummy wav file... There is a link in first post. Put it in tools subfolder and try. Here is the link https://bitbucket.org/bjurhulta/rawanizer-release/downloads/dummy1s.wav

I should do a new installer but have no time right now, sorry.

Thank you for your response, unfortunatelly even with this wav file copied everywhere I get

00:34:43 Start extracting dng from M01-2242.RAW
00:35:04 Finished
00:35:04 Start converting tiff from M01-2242.RAW
00:35:23 Finished
00:35:23 Start creating proxy from M01-2242.RAW
00:35:23 Failed:
  built on Dec 19 2011 13:01:15 with gcc 4.6.2
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
  libavutil    51. 32. 0 / 51. 32. 0
  libavcodec   53. 46. 1 / 53. 46. 1
  libavformat  53. 27. 0 / 53. 27. 0
  libavdevice  53.  4. 0 / 53.  4. 0
  libavfilter   2. 53. 0 /  2. 53. 0
  libswscale    2.  1. 0 /  2.  1. 0
  libpostproc  51.  2. 0 / 51.  2. 0
Input #0, image2, from 'H:\RAWTEST\M01-2242.dng\proxytiff\M%06d.tiff':
  Duration: 00:00:15.33, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0:0: Video: tiff, rgba, 832x312, 24 fps, 24 tbr, 24 tbn, 24 tbc

00:35:23 All items Finished

www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

1%

EOSHD

Quote from: marten on June 02, 2013, 12:00:29 AM

I just tested to changed .avi to .mov and I get the file generated as it should. And it opens fine in Vegas, don't have Resolve. Did you keep the quotation marks around the filename ("{OutputVideoName}.mov")? They are needed if file path contains spaces. I cannot reproduce your problem right now.

There is no big reason for me to make a clickable interface to building the parameters, at least not now when I don't know which parameters are "universally" useful to all. Is there a parameter setting that everybody uses?

I do not have anything to do with the installation of cineform and the tool (I have not license to do it), so I cannot control where things end up. RAWanizer tries to guess where it is, but if that fails you can manually set the location of the cineform tool by clicking the 'folder settings' button.

I decided to use .net 4.5 so I could use the new threading options there. I currently do not have time to go over and rewrite the threading with other tools so for now it will require .net 4.5. Sorry.

I understand the confusing thing with cineform and  the video option. I will disable that option for cineform. As described in original post, that option is for making a videofile out of tiffs which has no meaning in cineform workflow. Cineform = Proxy video.

Fixed the MOV problem - my copy of Windows in VMWare didn't have Quicktime Player installed. CineForm needs that in order to do the Quicktime wrapper during transcode. So not a problem with RAWanizer :)

Great tool, looking forward to see how it develops!

BTW - maybe someone can answer this (I have already told David Newman) - on my Mac the CineForm RAW or 422 gives a flat LOG-like curve when you open the clip in Resolve, Premiere or Quicktime Player, but 444 gives punchier colour and contrast like a DNG in Adobe Camera Raw. Metadata issue?

marten

Quote from: 1% on June 02, 2013, 01:12:10 AM
Yep, me too, not working. Seemed like it just was.

Ok. Yet another try to solve this. Link to full install in first post. I hope it was some missing quotation marks for the audio files. Didn't have spaces in my path to the audio files so mine never failed.

Please report back if this is solved, if you haven't given up on RAWanizer yet :) Sorry, but I have limited time for testing...

3pointedit

Tool looks wonderful, is there any chance of creating the install as a portable app? As I don't have the admin rights
550D on ML-roids

pacman829

Tried the latest version , and everything seems to be working again for me

Thanks MARTEN !

Seems like things are going good

I agree that buttons should be implemented (or maybe sub-menus) once we get a v1.0 so that even the lesser tech savy can use this.

5mkII User

marten

Quote from: 3pointedit on June 03, 2013, 03:42:58 AM
Tool looks wonderful, is there any chance of creating the install as a portable app? As I don't have the admin rights

You can try to unzip this package https://bitbucket.org/bjurhulta/rawanizer-release/downloads/RAWanizer.0.4.3.zip
But .net 4.5 runtime needs to be installed on the computer for it to run.

ted ramasola

Marten,

I installed this on my win 7 pc.

I choose a RAW file which is 5gig + joined via cmd prompt. This file can be extracted via raw2dng.

When I use RAWanizer v.0.4.3 I choose VIDEO and use Cineform.
After I press START the RAW2GPCF.exe  window pops up with a progress showing, then when it finish I get this
in RAWanizer:

04:13:02 Start Cineform converion from master.RAW
04:14:01 Failed:
Aborted by user
04:14:01 Aborted by user

In the folder that I choose there is NO files generated or extracted also.
Did I miss a procedure?

Ted

edited: to fix TYPO:
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

marten

Quote from: ted ramasola on June 03, 2013, 11:18:35 AM
Marten,

I installed this on my win 7 pc.

I choose a RAW file which is 5gig + joined via cmd prompt. This file can be extracted via raw2dng.

When I use RAWanizer v.0.4.3 I choose VIDEO and use Cineform.
After I press START the RAW2GPCF.exe  window pops up with a progress showing, then when it finish I get this
in RAWanizer:

04:13:02 Start Cineform converion from master.RAW
04:14:01 Failed:
Aborted by user
04:14:01 Aborted by user

In the folder that I choose there is files generated or extracted also.
Did I miss a procedure?

Ted

So what you are saying is that the video file gets created as it should. The only thing is that you get a 'failed' message in the log?