5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francis Frenkel

Quote from: ted ramasola on October 29, 2013, 07:41:19 AM
I believe its both since it uses the mlv_play module. You have to load mlv_play module. It plays back even .raw files. I don't use mlv so I haven't tested it with mlv.

Default is colored playback, its slow, you can speed it up by pressing SET button, its goes low res grayscale but faster playback.

Note: its not yet added by a.d. in the first post. Its still in the nightly builds. Oct 28 NB.

Could you give the link ? i did not find it...

Francis
Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

ted ramasola

Its in the Nightly Builds in the downloads page. Link on top right of this page.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

vikado

Quote from: a.d. on October 28, 2013, 10:58:22 PM
@vikado
Could you test the hdmi crop mark fix?
hdmi_raw_rec.zip

using the same oct.4 build with the same settings as the shoot.
the top image is what happens when i plug in the hdmi to the camera.
a couple of seconds later, its the second image below,
and a couple seconds after its the bottom image.
the crop marks are correct after a few seconds but not initially.
screen layout is set to 4:3display, auto
force hdmi-vga: on
global draw off
resolution: 1880x800
the results are the same whether i connect the hdmi cable to camera and the camera being on or off.
during the shoot, i only got correct crop marks if i connected the hdmi cable before i turn on the camera.
so it looks like it works but it needs a few seconds to correct itself.
thank you!

5d2 user

raichu93

Hey all,

So I just got a 5D mk 2 and installed ML on it... The results have been super disappointing. I pull the raw files from the camera, use cinema2dng as required, and put the DNGs into After Effects. However they're not sharp at all. It looks like the H.264 quality, and even my Panasonic GH2 unhacked is sharper. Basically it looks NOTHING like what I saw in these videos:

https://vimeo.com/66083408

https://vimeo.com/72008856

I got the latest build, tried it, was disappointed, and got the newest nightly build, and got no better results. Would you happen to know what's going on? Thanks!

jose_ugs

@raichu93, u've already opened your own thread( http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9099.0) Don't post your question in every other thread now...

raichu93

Apologies, new around here, won't happen again.

Bradley

Did some testing at the Winnipeg Zoo, I over baked some footage as the cats moved into much brighter light, I was curious to see how far I could pull the footage back.  There are no in camera exposure changes throughout this video shot in 5x mode 1728x689 at 23.976fps with a 24-70mm F2.8 lens. The shutter speed is quite high so I'm way over 1/45 shutter, probably 1/250 at F/2.8

Footage is not usable but I wanted to see how subtle I could make exposure changes in post without it noticeably showing steps down. 

This is how it looked with no modifications, this is probably pretty close to what the h.264 footage would have come out looking like at those settings.

SpcCb

Did you noticed with last build [af9a60fe144d 2013-10-24] in RAW video (not MLV) 1880px is 1872px + black borders? ???

Kharak

Quote from: SpcCb on November 01, 2013, 05:07:43 AM
Did you noticed with last build [af9a60fe144d 2013-10-24] in RAW video (not MLV) 1880px is 1872px + black borders? ???

What do you mean by + Black borders.

My DNG's show as 1880 and I see no black border.
once you go raw you never go back

SpcCb

Indeed, after go back to the 2013-10-04 build I redone upload of files on the card from scratch and it's fine now.
It's why I asked, I found this strange. Thanks for the confirmation Kharak -.^

Things are changing so~ fast in ML that sometime I loose the thread... ^.^

Kharak

Seagull21

Quote from: kortefa on November 02, 2013, 04:00:53 AM
Hi Dudes!

Anyone knows about this 1000x CF card? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/64GB-Compact-Flash-Memory-Card-1000X-Professional-UDMA-7-/181174615381?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_123&hash=item2a2ed93d55

Looks like the off brand 'Delkin' ones. I wouldn't. But I'd like to know if anybody has experienced them as well.

coolerinc

Hi folks!
I finaly migrated from 550d to 5dm2 and got some questions.
I registered basic preferences to CF1 mode for RAW shooting, but how to change Shutter speed on the fly without entering ML menu?
Different lamps have different frequency and sometimes it's flickering at 1/50th.
With t2i I could change shutter speed by holding down Av+Dial, how to do the same with 5dm2?

Kharak

Quote from: coolerinc on November 03, 2013, 10:37:38 AM
Hi folks!
I registered basic preferences to CF1 mode for RAW shooting, but how to change Shutter speed on the fly without entering ML menu?
Different lamps have different frequency and sometimes it's flickering at 1/50th.
With t2i I could change shutter speed by holding down Av+Dial, how to do the same with 5dm2?

If you look at the Shutter activation button (the one that takes a picture), right behind it there is a wheel. Scroll it left and right to adjust Shutter :)

PressureFM

Quote from: coolerinc on November 03, 2013, 10:37:38 AM
Hi folks!

I suggest you read the manual if doing something as simple as changing shutter speed can be confusing ;)

See the wheel right behind the shutter button?

coolerinc

Quote from: Kharak on November 03, 2013, 11:02:20 AM
If you look at the Shutter activation button (the one that takes a picture), right behind it there is a wheel. Scroll it left and right to adjust Shutter :)
Very funny :)
Quote from: PressureFM on November 03, 2013, 03:23:48 PM
I suggest you read the manual if doing something as simple as changing shutter speed can be confusing ;)

See the wheel right behind the shutter button?
Yeap, I see the Dial wheel ^_^

But, when I'm scrolling it the Shutter Speed jumps to it's default number. For example I change Shutter Speed (SS) inside ML menu to 1/60 and in LiveView I cannot change it to any other because it respawns :) That's weird

Using Manual Lens Helios44-2 (ML version 31.10.13)

a1ex

Look in the delta menu (modified settings). Should be obvious.

coolerinc

Quote from: a1ex on November 03, 2013, 07:40:39 PM
Look in the delta menu (modified settings). Should be obvious.
Yeah, Shutter Lock inside Movie Tweaks was ON. Thanks a lot ^_^

coolerinc

Kharak

Quote from: a.d. on October 28, 2013, 11:40:39 PM
I've just simplified thing: It took some basic ideas from median cr2hdr with code improvement: AHD, chroma smothing and 5x5 etc...

I've done some testing with the raw2dng you gave me.

I converted same file with your new raw2dng that has Median algorithm and with the old raw2dng (says Last modified July). I can not see any difference at all. Pixels are exactly the same on all. Both in shadows, highlights, aliasing, moire, noise you name it. There is no difference in pixels. Colours and brightness are the same for all pixels.

The only difference I see is the size of the dng.

Median: 2,71 MB (2.843.648 bytes)

Older: 2,71 MB (2.848.256 bytes)

What is the median algorithm supposed to do?

Africashot

This is something I am not sure if it has to do with the build I am using (11.10) or is simply based on my incompetence but audio is disabled and I can't find a way to enable it... upon hitting record on regular canon video there will be a message of 'audio disabled', ml audio options are grayed out while audio is enabled in the canon menu... any help will be highly appreciated!
ML 5D2 & T3i

SpcCb

Quote from: Kharak on November 04, 2013, 01:00:02 PM
(...)
What is the median algorithm supposed to do?
It's to reduce hot pixels, if I'm not wrong.
Saw it in previous pages here.

IMHO it's not suitable if you don't have hot pixels problem.

Quote from: Africashot on November 05, 2013, 07:23:50 AM
This is something I am not sure if it has to do with the build I am using (11.10) or is simply based on my incompetence but audio is disabled and I can't find a way to enable it... upon hitting record on regular canon video there will be a message of 'audio disabled', ml audio options are grayed out while audio is enabled in the canon menu... any help will be highly appreciated!
I did not see that when I tested this build (I switched quickly to the 24-10 build because of black levels accuracy).
Do you checked if you are not in FPS override mode? Could be the cause (I see this message in this case).

Kharak

Quote from: SpcCb on November 05, 2013, 01:25:33 PM
It's to reduce hot pixels, if I'm not wrong.
Saw it in previous pages here.

IMHO it's not suitable if you don't have hot pixels problem.

Yes, I read about the hot pixels too. Alex was responding to a.d. on that matter.

But as I can not see any difference at all between the two raw2dng's output. I'm wondering if the Median algorithm and the other things a.d. changed, even work. And even so if these features do work, every pixel is the same. Colour, placement, brightness. no difference.
There obviously must be some difference between the dng's, as the size of the files are not the same, though it is minimal, only few bytes. I would very much like to know what it is :)

I'll do another test, with a RAW file that I know had a few burned pixels in it. See if there is a difference.

Doyle4

Quote from: dariSSight on September 22, 2013, 12:44:05 PM
I've been wondering how to use or what to use the dual iso function for, are you using it to record RAW dual iso video or Stills Photography? If you don't mind can you explain how you're using it with the CR2HDR.app.

Sorry for such a late reply, i didnt spot this.

I use it for photography only as thats all the mkii can do, on my 600D iv used it for video but not yet come a need to use it.
I normally use 100/1600 or 100/800, all depends. dual iso is good if there is strong light and dark areas or vice versa, great when urbexing! to use cr2hdr just drag the dual iso cr2 :)