5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ted ramasola

oct 4 build has LV overlay issues, the 2 rows of info on the bottom is overlapping each other and alternates which one is over the other with every refresh. The one color (white) is fine with me. lesser visual clutter.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

a1ex

I didn't notice any issues on my 5D2.

ted ramasola

at first I thought is was wrong settings so I deleted the .cfg file but the overlapping info on the bottom was still there. I also tried with different resolutions.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

guilhermemartins

Quote from: jessy on October 07, 2013, 03:41:47 PM
hello all,
I look for a moment realized on the progress 5d ii and i have installed the latest build of October 04, I have a 32 gb card Komputerbay 1000 x n but I can not manage to make more than 500 dng in 1880 x 1058 dng or 1000 with optional interface X.
What are the optimal power dampers for continuous shooting? what options they have to activate and deactivate? 24fps? small hack? auto preview? warm up card 128 mb, 1gb? standard interface, X, + feature? global draw on or off?
many questions that could help all the people who ask the same questions as me.
Even simpler, you can share a configuration, if so, could you share yours? thank you very much

Sure

Aspect ratio 2:1 1880x940
1880 on
Small hacks on
23.97fps
32gb KB

I find these are the important ones in my case.

I get continuous Rec and export beautiful 2k+ tiff out of it.

I can even leave global draw on and don't have to mess with the picture format or anything
I have been using ML for all my production company`s jobs since the release of 2.3. most of them available at.
www.mariachisaudiovisual.com.br

dariSSight

Quote from: guilhermemartins on October 07, 2013, 11:51:16 PM
Sure

Aspect ratio 2:1 1880x940
1880 on
Small hacks on
23.97fps
32gb KB

I find these are the important ones in my case.

I get continuous Rec and export beautiful 2k+ tiff out of it.

I can even leave global draw on and don't have to mess with the picture format or anything
How are you converting to 2K and are the final video file clean?
Canon 5D Mark II

painya

Quote from: dariSSight on October 08, 2013, 01:29:07 AM
Either in photoshop or LR. This can be done in After Effects as well. It basically is sharpening, and changing the resolution on export (it's more complex than just sharpening same principle)
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

guilhermemartins

Quote from: dariSSight on October 08, 2013, 01:29:07 AM

Photoshop Raw

Clean enough, some kinds is artifacts such as moire are more visible in raw, but I guess one would get those upscale or not.

So far the shadows recovery isn't fantastic and too much photoshop noise reduction works only until certain point. The same to anti-moire. Still it is possible to bring 1 mabe two stops of shadows back to visible spectrum and denoise it in post.

Highlight recovery is dreamlike, redlike! (ok mabe I'm overreacting).

People tend to mess up with accrual color on raw files an get weird results (in my opinion). It is best to get the most out of the contrast and exposure, WB and do the actual coloring on the prores 4444 file afterwards (using or not a log lut). Unless of course for chroma purposes.

I usually downscale the 2k+ tiff to 1080p (more realistic size for commercial productions of a small company) for all my testing. Although we're producing a short (expected for next year) where we intend to use the full might of 5D raw in which case I intend to do the whole thing in 2k (so far good results yei!).

I have been using ML for all my production company`s jobs since the release of 2.3. most of them available at.
www.mariachisaudiovisual.com.br

Doyle4

Quote from: ted ramasola on October 07, 2013, 09:55:38 PM
oct 4 build has LV overlay issues, the 2 rows of info on the bottom is overlapping each other and alternates which one is over the other with every refresh. The one color (white) is fine with me. lesser visual clutter.

Not got this problem either, format the card and reinstall ML?

ted ramasola

ok, I got it.

Screen Layout:
If set to bottom Under 16:9 is does the overlapping info.

That was the setting I've always used. I chose a different one now, bottom under 3:2 and its now ok.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

togg

1880 X 1016 is now continuous! :) Great. Sadly my card isn't stable above 74,5, but good job!

matthieu

Quote from: ted ramasola on October 08, 2013, 04:13:05 AM
ok, I got it.

Screen Layout:
If set to bottom Under 16:9 is does the overlapping info.

That was the setting I've always used. I chose a different one now, bottom under 3:2 and its now ok.

I did not install the font folder - thats what messed my display up.  Now its beautiful :)

vikado

Quote from: matthieu on October 08, 2013, 09:31:01 PM
I did not install the font folder - thats what messed my display up.  Now its beautiful :)
bah, i knew i was out of the loop a bit because i kept getting a "fonts missing" message.
where do i get this font folder?
5d2 user

ch_d

Quote from: vikado on October 08, 2013, 09:39:07 PM
bah, i knew i was out of the loop a bit because i kept getting a "fonts missing" message.
where do i get this font folder?

Go to: https://bitbucket.org/a_d_/magic-lantern/downloads
Download the latest build: e.g.: f620a8f2b27d.zip
In the ML folder is a folder called "fonts"
5D MII

vikado

5d2 user

Jack A

Hi guys I have recently installed ML and have been shooting 1728 × 736 on my mkii, love it so far but whilst testing there was one shot that I left rolling for a few minutes and the Raw2dng won't read it, it says "image not found". Any ideas on why this has happened?

robert.roth001

Is the file extension a .rar? If so, it's a spanning file and you need to throw it into raw2cdng with the original file it's linking to.

Jack A

Quote from: robert.roth001 on October 08, 2013, 11:57:35 PM
Is the file extension a .rar? If so, it's a spanning file and you need to throw it into raw2cdng with the original file it's linking to.

Had no idea about this, thanks for the quick reply.

robert.roth001

Quote from: Jack A on October 09, 2013, 12:09:14 AM
Had no idea about this, thanks for the quick reply.

No problem, there's a ton of stuff to know to use ML raw. That was one of the things I was unsure about when I first started too.

gtsofilms

Just curious to see what speeds people are getting with their 5D2 while recording raw. The max I seem to get is around 77MB/S though it seems to hover around 75/76 more consistently. This is on a 1000x 64gb komputerbay.
5D2 + Other Stuff :)
https://vimeo.com/chester112

gtsofilms

Was just playing around with crop mode and I noticed that in that mode I can shoot continuous with a write speed around 78-79 MB/s.  Anyone else experienced this? I wonder why recording rates are higher in crop mode.
5D2 + Other Stuff :)
https://vimeo.com/chester112

Africashot

Quote from: gtsofilms on October 09, 2013, 07:02:16 AM
Was just playing around with crop mode and I noticed that in that mode I can shoot continuous with a write speed around 78-79 MB/s.  Anyone else experienced this? I wonder why recording rates are higher in crop mode.

Crop mode has been a touch faster for a while, when I was still shooting with slower cards I used to get continous in crop mode while in full frame it would max out at 400 - 800 frames in the same res.
ML 5D2 & T3i

Fomo

Yep that sounds about right, a "good" 64gb Komputerbay 1000x card is hovering around 77mb in normal mode and around 80mb in crop mode.

beauchampy

This may seem stupid, but I was hoping someone could help.

So I've done a lot of reading, BUT, I'm not entirely sure how to start the recording process!

I turn on my camera, hit the liveview button, then hit the center wheel button (the camera then seems to start recording h.264), I then hit the centre button again to start the raw recording.

I think I'm doing something wrong, because it seems to keep recording h264 at the same time?!

beauchampy

Ignore that... Fiddled with my liveview settings and it works!

CerteZ

does anyone have problems with overheating? with latest build... today i shoot an interview(h264) and at temperature.. shows 52 in a orange square