5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali farahani

Oh shitttttttt . Please send me a note that what part of my work is false.

I first extract magiclantern zip file to my komputerbay 1000x  64 gb. then download latest nightly build and copy and replace that . 

Input card to the camera and then update firmware. magiclantern installed sucessfully.  rebot camera then load raw module. .. again rebot camera and set raw video in a lower resolation and active card warm up .

Camera recording this 4000 or 5000 frames. card warmed up and ready for haigher resolations. but when i want to record again. camera does not shooting... i have a massege that cant record .. or card mey be full. then when i check magiclantern menu,  the raw module is removed.

5DIII,Samyang 14 T3.1, zeiss planar 50mm f1.4 ze,  Zacuto view finder , komputerbay 64gb , RawVideo Lover

reddeercity

Quote from: ali farahani on September 12, 2013, 01:52:26 AM
Oh shitttttttt . Please send me a note that what part of my work is false.

I first extract magiclantern zip file to my komputerbay 1000x  64 gb. then download latest nightly build and copy and replace that . 

Input card to the camera and then update firmware. magiclantern installed sucessfully.  rebot camera then load raw module. .. again rebot camera and set raw video in a lower resolation and active card warm up .

Camera recording this 4000 or 5000 frames. card warmed up and ready for haigher resolations. but when i want to record again. camera does not shooting... i have a massege that cant record .. or card mey be full. then when i check magiclantern menu,  the raw module is removed.
Puzzling , the only thing i do different is i use the Eoscard.exe to install ML on my card.
Did you copy the new autoexec.bin over also, if you did, for some reason it my be corrupted.
here is a link to the eoscard.exe program i use to install ML on my CF card, it make them bootable .
Link:   http://pel.hu/eoscard/
i would try reinstall it again .

ali farahani

Quote from: reddeercity on September 12, 2013, 02:14:05 AM
Puzzling , the only thing i do different is i use the Eoscard.exe to install ML on my card.
Did you copy the new autoexec.bin over also, if you did, for some reason it my be corrupted.
here is a link to the eoscard.exe program i use to install ML on my CF card, it make them bootable .
Link:   http://pel.hu/eoscard/
i would try reinstall it again .

Thanks but eoscard.exe gives one error when i want to save: error zip file.

Excatly i have this error when i want to shoot raw in my camera : data corruption at slot 0 frame 1
5DIII,Samyang 14 T3.1, zeiss planar 50mm f1.4 ze,  Zacuto view finder , komputerbay 64gb , RawVideo Lover

reddeercity

Quote from: ali farahani on September 12, 2013, 02:21:19 AM
Thanks but eoscard.exe gives one error when i want to save: error zip file.

Excatly i have this error when i want to shoot raw in my camera : data corruption at slot 0 frame 1
i just when though the procedure of, first format card then used the esocard to make the
card bootable, check off all three boxes, and save.
then copy over the Alpha One  ML on to card .
you have to delete  the File"MAGIC.SYM"  if it there that is more then likely the problem.
That file is left over from the 1st generation of raw record.
the following is a list of files you should have on your card in the ML Folder.
  5D2_212.SYM
ARKANOID.MO
AUTOEXPO.MO
DUAL_ISO.MO
ETTR.MO
FILE_MAN.MO
RAW_REC.MO
I only copy over 5D2_212.SYM , FILE_MAN.MO , RAW_REC.MO
Because i only what Raw Video.

Kharak

Quote from: reddeercity on September 11, 2013, 11:27:09 PM
i install ML via the EOScard.exe, on  windows, than download the latest Raw record module
copy the New AUTOEXEC.Bin in the  Root of card,  That will replace the one that's  there
and copy the Module fold to the ML folder.
Then you have to activate the module you when to use.
Then reboot camera , That it

Thank you for the answer.

Never heard of Eoscard until now. But I see its the better solution than my first clean installation and will hopefully fix the issue I've had with crop mode.

I only copied files on my first Raw installation and then been overwriting them since. Have had no issues though, except for my crop mode black border.

EDIT: Posted simultaneously as Reddercity in above post. You mention Magic.sym I will try to delete only that file and see where that takes me on my crop mode agenda. If no change I will continue with complete re-instal
once you go raw you never go back

ali farahani

Thanks. In card warm up there are variable numbers from 16mb to 1gb. which number i should to select?

reddeercity

I just verified the install procedure and it works Ok,
tested on Sandisk 60 MB/s 16GB card.
No error , and for all the guy who have slow card
i could record 1728x786 2.20:1 23.976p until Full
on the New Built :)

reddeercity

Quote from: ali farahani on September 12, 2013, 03:49:57 AM
Thanks. In card warm up there are variable numbers from 16mb to 1gb. which number i should to select?
try the 1GB that should be ok,
Basically you what it to be Warn to the Touch of you hand.

ali farahani

I think pehaps my cf card can not be bootable... when i shoot RAW over 4GB last frame getting to corruption data. a RAR file created the same name of the raw footages that was over 4gb. this RAR files do not allow to camera write RAW or even h.264 on cf card.

reddeercity

Quote from: ali farahani on September 12, 2013, 04:21:40 AM
I think pehaps my cf card can not be bootable... when i shoot RAW over 4GB last frame getting to corruption data. a RAR file created the same name of the raw footages that was over 4gb. this RAR files do not allow to camera write RAW or even h.264 on cf card.
I think what you see is the Spanning files , 5D2 is Fat32 file system and is limited to writing
4GB files , then you have to connect the spanning files together.
You can do this on the command line in windows,
  Joining files:  copy /B xyz.RAW+xyz.R00+xyz.R01 xyz.RAW
where "xyz is the souce name, and "xyz.raw" is the New name at the end.
Or use raw2cdng.exe , just drop all theRaw plus spanning file on the program and choose the setting you like.
Link is below
http://dl.phreekz.de/raw2cdng/raw2cdng.1.3.0.zip
I use this as my main converter ;)

Edit:when i record full cards i see up to 10 Spanning files.

reddeercity

He is the my test workflow with cdng's natively as a Image Sequences  in Final Cut Pro X
Then exported to Compressor by XML to 2k mp4 .

If you Select Original Quality that will be true 2k 

guentergunter

Quote from: reddeercity on September 12, 2013, 09:24:25 AM
He is the my test workflow with cdng's natively as a Image Sequences  in Final Cut Pro X
Then exported to Compressor by XML to 2k mp4 .

If you Select Original Quality that will be true 2k
Very nice!
Did you upscale 1880 or record in crop mode?
5D2 ML RAW + VAF-5D2b: http://vimeo.com/69350650

reddeercity

Quote from: guentergunter on September 12, 2013, 10:54:49 PM
Very nice!
Did you upscale 1880 or record in crop mode?
Thanks  :D
no i recorded in Crop mode , with my EF 100mm macro f2.8L prime,(my go to Lens)
edited & color corrected the Navtive  Cdng's image sequence no proxy.
But i did have problem that if i render it out to ProRes 4444 i got a big gamma shift down.
XML saved me there.
Plus a Bought the new Slice X from Coremelt for FCPX
i duplicated the Image sequence, drag the file above it,
and Cut out the Berries with the Free Form Rotoscope tool.
and adjusted the Berries  separately from the leaves.
:) 

F.T.I. ARMY

BEST RENDER SETTINGS FROM DaVINCI RESOLVE TO SONY VEGAS
TOOK ME FOREVER TO FIGURE THIS OUT SO I FIGURE I WOULD SHARE

QUICKTIME

QUICKTIME DNxHD 1080P 220/185/175 10 BITS

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

raf702

I'm curious to know what method you guys are using to uprez to 1080p. I'm shooting at 1880x800, etc.

F.T.I. ARMY

Quote from: raf702 on September 13, 2013, 06:35:00 AM
I'm curious to know what method you guys are using to uprez to 1080p. I'm shooting at 1880x800, etc.

ME TO PLEASE HELP

oddname

A simple scale using the editor of your picking?

Doyle4

Quote from: F.T.I. ARMY on September 13, 2013, 06:48:14 AM
ME TO PLEASE HELP

Theres a few ways:

Photoshop - Resize all the images in ACR (Adobe Camera RAW)
Photoshop - Run Script - This allows you edit a batch of images, one of the options is resize and quality

After Effects - Resize in the comp
After Effects - Export footage > Choose resize choose high quality

Premiere Pro - Same as After Effects
FCP7/X - Same as PP & AE

dradutu

after effects cc ships with a resizing plugin and adobe recommends using it instead of comp resizing
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-at-ibc-2013/after-effects-cc-detailpreserving-upscale/

Rewind

Quote from: dradutu on September 13, 2013, 03:31:07 PM
after effects cc ships with a resizing plugin and adobe recommends using it instead of comp resizing
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-at-ibc-2013/after-effects-cc-detailpreserving-upscale/
This plugin will be available in october

Africashot

While I mostly just resize in AE or PP I have also used Magic Bullet Instant HD pluginfor some of the more demanding blow ups, not sure if it is a lot better though...
ML 5D2 & T3i

silvertonesx24

I think I found the problem with using an external monitor on the 5D with RAW. It lies when using HaCKeD in the RAW preview settings. I'm not sure if this setting even does anything anymore as I did not notice a speed loss (or any change for that matter) between HaCKeD and the other modes. But at least I can use my external monitor now.

silvertonesx24

Also note that this only works still if I use the "record one raw file with the external monitor off" trick first.

silvertonesx24

Here is the code for when it crashes

ASSERT: 0
at Memory\Memory.c:561, task RscMgr
lv:0 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Sep10.5D2212
Mercurial changeset   : 26f79287de2b+ (unified)
Built on 2013-09-10 20:59:33 UTC by ad@MagicLantern.
Free Memory  : 228K + 3759K

and the end of the event log

13779: 63384.997 [DISP] SetPBForLV ZoomMode=0, LVType::Info=0, LVType::DispType=3

a.d.

I know I've said a few times, but... HaCKeD doesn't work on 5D2. I'll remove it in the next release.

Hmm... I don't have a HDMI device, also I still don't know  thoroughly how ML handle the HDMI signal. However it's possible to check if the HDMI is connected and we could do some HDMI special stuff.

btw
Today is Friday 13th  :o