5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddeercity

Quote from: F.T.I. ARMY on September 09, 2013, 03:33:23 AM

OK we are getting some where lol. the footage looks so much better when I render it out with AVI. I downloaded the Blackmagic 10bit 422. But I had trouble finding it. (I dont know if I got the right one) and I dont know where to fine it. Im guess it should be under the "format options"??. and I could only keep the depth at millions of colors

Very Good !
download the Blackmagic "Desktop Video for windows"
Link below
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/detail?sid=3958&pid=3966&leg=false&os=win
It free, i have Ultra Studio SDI usb 3.0 for capturing & monitoring
and thats the one i downloaded.
you don't have to Register just hit the "download Now" tab
That should put All the blackmagic codec on your system ;)

F.T.I. ARMY

Quote from: reddeercity on September 09, 2013, 05:31:58 AM
Very Good !
Link below
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/detail?sid=3958&pid=3966&leg=false&os=win

Ok dude I owe you.haha Thanks so much I think im finely on the right path. Heres that same image rendered the new way with the blackmagic codec

underexposed YES but damn it looks cleaner.

reddeercity

Quote from: F.T.I. ARMY on September 09, 2013, 07:17:46 AM

Ok dude I owe you.haha Thanks so much I think im finely on the right path. Heres that same image rendered the new way with the blackmagic codec

underexposed YES but damn it looks cleaner.
that's more like it  :)
Just remember that most of the noise came from the Luma channel.
Here a little Explanation about Luma i found on the net from "CG Society/ Society of Digital Artists"
Luminance (or Luma) is the normalized brightness of the sum of the RGB channels expressed as a greyscale value. For color systems such as YUV/ YIC that are used in video systems it refers to the base brightness of a given pixel, on top of which the color difference info is modulated.

So the more you under expose the more noise you introduce in to the image.
when you expose and you think that looks good bring up your exposure by 2 to 3 Stops .
you can always bring down the exposure in Post.
As long as you don't overexpose .

poty

Hello, I am an Italian guy!

I would like to record continuously with the 5d2 to 1880x800 (2.35:1)

you can do it with a fast card? at this moment I can only record 500 - 600 frames! SunDisk with a 32 gb extreme 60mb / s (on paper)

changing card I could?

and why do I have to look closer at the premiere 102.5% with respect to the ratio 2.35:1 screen? recording at 1880x800

Africashot

Quote from: poty on September 09, 2013, 04:11:43 PM
Hello, I am an Italian guy!

Being Italian is not an excuse for not reading the forum! (only saing that because not only have I seen docents of posts with similar lines but got already private messages and emails, funny enough all from fellow Italians!).

Quote from: poty on September 09, 2013, 04:11:43 PMI would like to record continuously with the 5d2 to 1880x800 (2.35:1)

you can do it with a fast card? at this moment I can only record 500 - 600 frames! SunDisk with a 32 gb extreme 60mb / s (on paper)

changing card I could?
You can easily do 1856 (not 1880 but pretty much the same) in 2.35:1 continuous on the SanDisK 60mbs Cards with image quality set to jpg and small hacks on it should work, I shot this video on a single SanDisk 16gb 60mbs card:

Quote from: poty on September 09, 2013, 04:11:43 PMand why do I have to look closer at the premiere 102.5% with respect to the ratio 2.35:1 screen? recording at 1880x800
That is because your timeline in Premmiere is probably set to 1920 x 817 or even 1080; if you shoot at 1856 you'll have to scale at 103.5%...
ML 5D2 & T3i

dossisman

Quote from: reddeercity on September 09, 2013, 05:31:58 AM
Very Good !
Link below

Awesome. I didn't know about this. Maybe that's the solution to the gap in my Premiere/Resolve roundtrip issue.

reddeercity

Quote from: dossisman on September 10, 2013, 02:29:48 PM
Awesome. I didn't know about this. Maybe that's the solution to the gap in my Premiere/Resolve roundtrip issue.
What kind of problem are you having?
Maybe I can help you solve the issue
You having :)

dossisman

Quote from: reddeercity on September 10, 2013, 06:09:16 PM
What kind of problem are you having?
Maybe I can help you solve the issue
You having :)

Well.. let me start by saying that I didn't completely follow Hunter's tutorial way of doing it.  After trying to render in AVI's and getting all sorts of problems (Perhaps because I didn't have the codecs installed!), I decided to use the Cineform files as proxies straight out of BATCHelor, then I imported the XML file and for a quick, 10-shot edit it worked.  When I imported the full music video, it started giving me all these 'missing scene' messages even though I had my DNG clips named exactly the same as the AVI proxies.  It's strange.   

So after it couldn't find the one proxy (and didn't give me an option to point manually like After Effects does), it replaced all the cuts with the first clip, followed by the next, and the next. 

I've color graded the last two videos in After Effects because I got so discouraged.

reddeercity

Quote from: dossisman on September 10, 2013, 09:06:20 PM
Well.. let me start by saying that I didn't completely follow Hunter's tutorial way of doing it.  After trying to render in AVI's and getting all sorts of problems (Perhaps because I didn't have the codecs installed!), I decided to use the Cineform files as proxies straight out of BATCHelor, then I imported the XML file and for a quick, 10-shot edit it worked.  When I imported the full music video, it started giving me all these 'missing scene' messages even though I had my DNG clips named exactly the same as the AVI proxies.  It's strange.   

So after it couldn't find the one proxy (and didn't give me an option to point manually like After Effects does), it replaced all the cuts with the first clip, followed by the next, and the next. 

I've color graded the last two videos in After Effects because I got so discouraged.
I understand your frustration !
I lot of people on this form assume that ever one has knowledge of workflows,
Codec, and Terminology of the industry. And if you are "New" then you can Get very Lost & discouraged .
Because you Just what make the Best possible Video you can!
I Know i use to be one of those people.
OK now down to your problem, from the info you are on a PC,
Do you have a Raid 0  on you system?  if you could give some info on
you PC so i Know your limitations and see if there is a simpler way of
implementing this work flow or changing to another workflow.
But in the mean time i run on Both PC & Mac.
I personalty Convert Raw to DNG's on my PC
and conform, edit on my Mac .
I can Set up your PC workflow on my PC  and see whats happen :)

ali farahani

I used a komputerbay 1000x cf card 64gb in my 5d mark ii... but when i set raw video size on 1856*1044 it recording only 350 or 400 frames. Why i cant record continous shooting with my fast card????
5DIII,Samyang 14 T3.1, zeiss planar 50mm f1.4 ze,  Zacuto view finder , komputerbay 64gb , RawVideo Lover

reddeercity

Quote from: ali farahani on September 11, 2013, 03:03:11 AM
I used a komputerbay 1000x cf card 64gb in my 5d mark ii... but when i set raw video size on 1856*1044 it recording only 350 or 400 frames. Why i cant record continous shooting with my fast card????
Try to warm up the card First,
Record at a smaller frame size under the card get warm up
or turn on card warm up in the ML raw menu .
I have a Lexar 1000x 64GB card and maximum size i can record
for any length of time is 1856x1004 23.976p 14,000 frames.

a59192

Thank ad's WIN_cr2hdr_exe, I solved a part can not be converted CR2.  :)

valwello

Hi everybody! Does someone have info (changes) about the new build (26f79287de2b)?

ali farahani

Quote from: reddeercity on September 11, 2013, 04:38:33 AM
Try to warm up the card First,
Record at a smaller frame size under the card get warm up
or turn on card warm up in the ML raw menu .
I have a Lexar 1000x 64GB card and maximum size i can record
for any length of time is 1856x1004 23.976p 14,000 frames.

i tried to warp up card.. but in 1856*1044 resolation expect frames is 276-291  and not continous  :'( :'( :'(
5DIII,Samyang 14 T3.1, zeiss planar 50mm f1.4 ze,  Zacuto view finder , komputerbay 64gb , RawVideo Lover

SpcCb

Quote from: ali farahani on September 11, 2013, 12:40:53 PM
i tried to warp up card.. but in 1856*1044 resolation expect frames is 276-291  and not continous  :'( :'( :'(
You could verify your card support high speed (benchmark in ML menu), I saw some reports about some Komputerbays doesn't work as expected (<1000x).

Lukasz

Quote from: SpcCb on September 11, 2013, 01:22:58 PM
You could verify your card support high speed (benchmark in ML menu), I saw some reports about some Komputerbays doesn't work as expected (<1000x).

I have Lexar 64gb 1000x and regardless of builds and settings (it can go 1-2MB/s up or down with settings like small hacks, fps override, etc. on/off, I have tried pretty much everything :-\) it is recording with 60MB/s +/-. Card is fine and I have reported it thru out the time but no one could tell why this is the case with my 5d mark II :'( :'( :'(

Ethan_Reitz

1856 X 1044 is 16:9 and 1856 X 1004 - is 1:185 I believe.

On the chart showing all raw capabilities 1856 X 1004 is listed as being the largest resolution near 16:9 which the 5D mark 2 can shoot continuously.

It's not, however, 16:9 - it's just as close as you can get and shoot continuously - at least as far as I've understood it.

My tests with the Aug. 5 build give me approx 1000 frames at 1856 X 1044 and with 1856 X 1004 it reads between 2000 and continuous. I haven't tried filling the card.

Could this be the problem some people are having?

ali farahani

When i shooting raw video with my komputerbay 1000x sometimes when input my card to my cam... camera doesnt on. I have to format card in windows  :o

reddeercity

Quote from: ali farahani on September 11, 2013, 03:30:56 PM
When i shooting raw video with my komputerbay 1000x sometimes when input my card to my cam... camera doesnt on. I have to format card in windows  :o
Did you try to format your card in
Camera?
I do every time before I film
That helps I have notice.
You really need to warm up
The card, it make a differences
Weather or not you get Continuous
At 1856x1004 . At lest for me.
When I have problem with my
Lexar 1000x card I record at small size
First until card full, then shoot
@ a bigger size . The benchmark
Dose not work !! I get  only
32 to 42 MB/s there but I record at 75.0 MB/s .

ali farahani

Quote from: reddeercity on September 11, 2013, 04:37:11 PM
Did you try to format your card in
Camera?
I do every time before I film
That helps I have notice.
You really need to warm up
The card, it make a differences
Weather or not you get Continuous
At 1856x1004 . At lest for me.
When I have problem with my
Lexar 1000x card I record at small size
First until card full, then shoot
@ a bigger size . The benchmark
Dose not work !! I get  only
32 to 42 MB/s there but I record at 75.0 MB/s .

Untill i started shooting by Kumputerbay 64gb cf card in my 5d mark ii i have a lot of issue and problems. my new problem is the raw footages can not convert by raw2dng.exe 

reddeercity

Quote from: ali farahani on September 11, 2013, 04:43:46 PM
Untill i started shooting by Kumputerbay 64gb cf card in my 5d mark ii i have a lot of issue and problems. my new problem is the raw footages can not convert by raw2dng.exe
I would try and re-install ML software with the the "EOScard" program
and see if that help, i had to do this back 6 version  ago.
Make sure also that your Battery is fully change or use
a AC adapter  if shooting indoors,
I have notice from time to time if the battery is not up on power
and you start change thing in the Menu it some time Glitches out
reboot always  fixes it though . :)

Edit : try the raw2cdng.exe i find it works really well!

Doyle4

Whats new in 10th Sept build please :)

Kharak

Can someone help me do a complete re-install of ML RAW.

I've only updated builds since the beginning and don't even remember how I installed it at first place.

This is what I think I have to do.

1. Format Card.

2. Install 5D RAW Alpha Build.

3. Do firmware update (this is where I am in much doubt)

4. Overite with newest build.

Am I correct ?
once you go raw you never go back

reddeercity

Quote from: Kharak on September 11, 2013, 10:42:34 PM
Can someone help me do a complete re-install of ML RAW.

I've only updated builds since the beginning and don't even remember how I installed it at first place.

This is what I think I have to do.

1. Format Card.

2. Install 5D RAW Alpha Build.

3. Do firmware update (this is where I am in much doubt)

4. Overite with newest build.

Am I correct ?
i install ML via the EOScard.exe, on  windows, than download the latest Raw record module
copy the New AUTOEXEC.Bin in the  Root of card,  That will replace the one that's  there
and copy the Module fold to the ML folder.
Then you have to activate the module you when to use.
Then reboot camera , That it

reddeercity

Just testing the new Sept 10th built, and i see a little better speed &
Larger stable Frame sizes .
1872x1012 23.976p 4400 to 4800 Frames @ 75.5 MB/s
My Setting:
haCKed View = on
small Hacks  = on
Features     = on
FPS override = on
But it is still curious that at 42GB There still a Wall
on 1856x1004 and the same thing at 2048x930 23.976p.
Very little Buffering  then the buffer fills up & stop recording.
all on Lexar 1000x 64GB