5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bokoussama

I have the KomputerBay CF Card 1000x 128Gb, i've shooted continously 1880 x 856 (2:35.1) with the Alpha version.
Now that i took the 15/08 Build, i can't shoot continously over 100 frames  :( ... i tried to go back but nothing to do, i still can't shoot over 100 frames :( Help please.

Africashot

Quote from: bokoussama on August 22, 2013, 06:29:01 PM
I have the KomputerBay CF Card 1000x 128Gb, i've shooted continously 1880 x 856 (2:35.1) with the Alpha version.
Now that i took the 15/08 Build, i can't shoot continously over 100 frames  :( ... i tried to go back but nothing to do, i still can't shoot over 100 frames :( Help please.

After shooting three projects on a single 16gb 400x card at pretty much continuous 2:35.1 I finally got two 64gb 1000x Komputerbay cards which I have formatted and loaded with the latest built, a little voice in my head kept screaming "freedom - at last!" while packing for my trip back to Tsavo East National Park tomorrow - then I read your post and had a bit of an uncomfortable feeling and pulled the already packed 5D2 back out of its bag to do the test I should have done before packing it... its maxing out at +- 600 frames pretty much every time... that's worse then my 400x card used to do!!!  I hope there is a way to get the old speed back...
ML 5D2 & T3i

togg

It seems that I'm not the only one having problem with latest build+komputerbay  :P

Africashot

Just formatted all the cards and went back to the 50f68ce14a69 built I had been using for a while, 2:35.1 'continuous ok' - I think I'll have a peaceful sleep up until my 4 am wake up call!
ML 5D2 & T3i

ted ramasola

Quote from: dariSSight on August 22, 2013, 11:23:20 AM
Thanks for the much needed warning on Moire and Aliasing road block. How were you able to get 1880x1080 in 1x, What's your advice on the best aspect ratio with the most resolution and final what's your advice on scaling RAW?

Using the latest build aug 16. from a.d.

I shot this at  1728 x 972 even in crop mode to make it fill up the screen easily in 16:9 1920 x 1080.
1728 x 972 is continuous on a 1000x komputerbay cf.

1872 x 936 and 1880 x 940 is also continuous at 2:1
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

dariSSight

Quote from: ted ramasola on August 22, 2013, 10:17:48 PM
Using the latest build aug 16. from a.d.

I shot this at  1728 x 972 even in crop mode to make it fill up the screen easily in 16:9 1920 x 1080.
1728 x 972 is continuous on a 1000x komputerbay cf.

1872 x 936 and 1880 x 940 is also continuous at 2:1

So your saying 1x 1728x972, 5x 1920x1080 in 16:9 and 1x 1872x936, 1880x940 is the best option in Aspect Ratio and Resolution? How far could you upscale it for professional viewing presentation?
Canon 5D Mark II

Ethan_Reitz

re: latest 16.08 build and speed on komputerbay 1000x 64gb card:
I was having massive speed reductions after the first update. I'd been mixing stills, H.264 video and raw at that point(on a single card) and I thought maybe reformatting and reinstalling could help. I formatted from my card reader, formatted in my 5d mii, reloaded ML onto the card and did the firmware update - the speed went back to continuous at 1728x972 which is what I shoot at.

So it's not exactly scientific but reformatting might possibly help.

guentergunter

@ a.d.: Would it be possible to deactivate any recording frame as an option?
Actually you can choose between white and black; and I would really like to deaktivate it at all.

That's due to the fact, that I'm recording quite often with an external monitor attached, which makes the frames from ML still useless!
I glued my monitor like most other people do for correct framing as well, here the wrong borders are annoing.

P.S.: Correct frames would be much better than wrong and deactivated ones. But the former should be much easier to implement, I think...

I guess it's problem many people apply to.
5D2 ML RAW + VAF-5D2b: http://vimeo.com/69350650

ted ramasola

Quote from: guentergunter on August 23, 2013, 06:51:22 AM
@ a.d.: Would it be possible to deactivate any recording frame as an option?
Actually you can choose between white and black; and I would really like to deaktivate it at all.

That's due to the fact, that I'm recording quite often with an external monitor attached, which makes the frames from ML still useless!
I glued my monitor like most other people do for correct framing as well, here the wrong borders are annoing.

P.S.: Correct frames would be much better than wrong and deactivated ones. But the former should be much easier to implement, I think...

I guess it's problem many people apply to.

when you attach an external monitor, choose ML grayscale in preview. :) no more off centered white rectangle. But images are still in color. :)
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Doyle4

1872 x 936 and 1880 x 940 is continuous at 2:1 70.1/71mb/sec, strange how CF card 5min test only maxes out at 65mb now :/ Photomode and global draw off. least i got continuous though :)

Doyle4

Anyone else noticing file name changes? Dual Iso names stay when disabled and also my raw files are adding an extra number after each recording eg: M23-1307 then it will be M23-1309. Cheers

togg

Ok, 50f68ce14a69 seems to be the most stable build if you're using komputerbay cards. I was able to get stable speed and continuous recording.

But just before changing the build I was trying to get the greyscale preview or the hacked one. I was *never* able to get those, no matter what I choose. What could be the problem?

PressureFM

Quote from: togg on August 23, 2013, 02:51:26 PM
Ok, 50f68ce14a69 seems to be the most stable build if you're using komputerbay cards. I was able to get stable speed and continuous recording.

But just before changing the build I was trying to get the greyscale preview or the hacked one. I was *never* able to get those, no matter what I choose. What could be the problem?

I believe HaCked isn't functional on the 5D Mark II and that ML Grayscale only works in 5x Zoom.

guentergunter

Quote from: ted ramasola on August 23, 2013, 06:58:32 AM
when you attach an external monitor, choose ML grayscale in preview. :) no more off centered white rectangle. But images are still in color. :)
Yeah! Works like a charm! Thanks for the hint :D
5D2 ML RAW + VAF-5D2b: http://vimeo.com/69350650

togg

Quote from: PressureFM on August 23, 2013, 04:09:04 PM
I believe HaCked isn't functional on the 5D Mark II and that ML Grayscale only works in 5x Zoom.

Oh. Now I understand. Thanks. Anyway I've forget to say that trying the hacked setting I've completely kill the screen. I had to put the card in the computer and delete config and all the build.

I think that the feature should be stripped out if it doesn't work.

Kabuto1138

Hey guys,

Sorry if this was reported or resolved.  But I shot some stuff a couple of weeks ago, used the raw2dng, everything looks great in ACR, the ProRes files look good too.  Now, when I try to drop the dngs in Davinci, is not reading the files.  A few months ago, around late june, I was able to drop DNG files in Davinci and everything worked great, no problem.  Did anything change? am I doing anything wrong?

please help.

thanks!

Kabuto1138

I checked with the previous shoots I've done and it seems to be a problem with the stuff I shot with either 7'th or 9th of August 5d2 build.  Shots from previous builds are loading fine.

wared

hi all

could anyone give me some help to install properly this build on my 5d2, i want to use the dual iso feature

something like a tuto will be perfect...

usually i can make it on my own but i don't understand with this build

i'm trying since a week ,so i advance many thanx!

Doyle4

Quote from: wared on August 24, 2013, 10:56:40 AM
hi all

could anyone give me some help to install properly this build on my 5d2, i want to use the dual iso feature

something like a tuto will be perfect...

usually i can make it on my own but i don't understand with this build

i'm trying since a week ,so i advance many thanx!

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7139.0

wared

Doyle4

What is it you would like to know?  :)

wared

why the package seems uncomplete?

i manage to activate the module on my camera but when i take a shot i have a picture with lines, did i miss something?

PressureFM

Quote from: wared on August 26, 2013, 05:40:07 PM
why the package seems uncomplete?

i manage to activate the module on my camera but when i take a shot i have a picture with lines, did i miss something?

Yes, you need to download the cr2hdr program and convert the .CR2 pictures to DNGs.

And next time please look at the FAQ or the white paper for Dual ISO.

Doyle4