5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvertonesx24

Is anyone else still having problems shooting with an external monitor? Each time I try shooting raw the camera crashes when it finishes recording and must be rebooted.

Doyle4

Quote from: dima510 on August 13, 2013, 03:50:40 PM
i shot a test CR2 with dual ISO 100/1600. when i drag it over cr2hdr.exe, it comes back with the message "Doesn't look like interlaced ISO". however, if i open the file in ACR it clearly shows the interlaced exposures. can someone help? what is going wrong? thanx!!

Make sure u expose as u normaly would, also make sure the image is in the same folder as all 3 .exe's

guentergunter

Quote from: silvertonesx24 on August 13, 2013, 10:55:24 PM
Is anyone else still having problems shooting with an external monitor? Each time I try shooting raw the camera crashes when it finishes recording and must be rebooted.
Do you use a HDMI monitor or an Android device via USB?
5D2 ML RAW + VAF-5D2b: http://vimeo.com/69350650

a59192

i shot a test CR2 with dual ISO 100/1600. when i drag it over cr2hdr.exe, it comes back with the message "Doesn't look like interlaced ISO". however, if i open the file in ACR it clearly shows the interlaced exposures. can someone help? what is going wrong? thanx!!

I also have the same problem, some files can not be resolved ...

a59192

I found the color gamut sRGB changed by the AdobeRGB, untied high chance, mainly for this reason it?

matthieu

Quote from: silvertonesx24 on August 13, 2013, 10:55:24 PM
i am still on 2013/07/25 build.  However - i do have this problem with a smallHD dp6.
I found a "work around" - unplug the monitor to start with, record one RAW.  Plug it back in and it doesn't crash anymore.  At least with me.  Also i figured out, that even though it crashed - the files were recorded.

pysznie

"i shot a test CR2 with dual ISO 100/1600. when i drag it over cr2hdr.exe, it comes back with the message "Doesn't look like interlaced ISO". however, if i open the file in ACR it clearly shows the interlaced exposures. can someone help? what is going wrong? thanx!!"

Turn of Video Raw Module. EttR etc. - Leave only Dual ISO module autoloaded with the start of camera and ML

btw MY SETINGS in Dual iso menu:

Recovery ISO : +6 EV
Dynamic Range Gained 2.8 EV
Midtone overlaping 7 EV
ALternate Frames Only OF
Custom File Prefix DUAL

silvertonesx24

Quote from: matthieu on August 14, 2013, 05:37:05 PM
i am still on 2013/07/25 build.  However - i do have this problem with a smallHD dp6.
I found a "work around" - unplug the monitor to start with, record one RAW.  Plug it back in and it doesn't crash anymore.  At least with me.  Also i figured out, that even though it crashed - the files were recorded.

Thanks! I will try this out. My monitor, like yours, is HDMI.

dariSSight

Is the  Magic Lantern Video format (.mlv) for Mark II and how do you install it, because I don't see it in recent build?
Canon 5D Mark II

gnarr

the mlv implementation is not finished yet and hasn't been optimized for 5D2 at all. g3gg0 is still adding features to the format and making it stable for the 5D3. When he has reasonably stable code it will be adapted for 5D2.
The mlv2dng converter is also under heavy development now and needs a lot of work before really being usable.

Africashot

Galdessa Camp 5DII RAW, HDR RAW and h.264 video

Here is our latest addition to the ML RAW portfolio, although there is some h264 footage in there too... even some coming from the t3i, mainly because we're still stuck with a single 16gb 400x card, two 1000x 64 gb cards are coming next week, so things will be easier soon!
We graded this with Filmconvert Pro, its is the first time we implemented this plugin and I must say it is also the first time I am happy with a color preset and it really speeds up the grading process and takes out a bit of the guesswork, therefore great plugin. Conveniently there is a competition over at filmconvert pro so we of course submitted this video, therefore if you think we deserve it please head over there and give us a vote, a like or a tweet, we'll love you for it! http://www.filmconvert.com/Competition/Video.aspx?id=169
ML 5D2 & T3i

Zao

Can certainly tell the difference between RAW and H.264 but amazing footage none the less. I doubt the general public would see any difference.
5Dii/T3i & a few super taks

Africashot

Quote from: Zao on August 16, 2013, 12:07:04 AM
Can certainly tell the difference between RAW and H.264 but amazing footage none the less. I doubt the general public would see any difference.

Yep... the difference is scary! And sadly I am guessing the general public will see it more then I'd like to admit. Also, try and show your client a rough cut before color grading and instead of going the extra mile and shooting RAW it will look like your screwing up things by still shooting h264 (and good luck explaining the differernce; what is bitrate anyway!? How much is that in megapixels???... why is the lion so blurry?)
ML 5D2 & T3i

ted ramasola

Nice video Africashot. Yes, if those washed out and soft shots are h264, then yes I can also tell the difference. ;) Magic Lantern has spoiled us. Now theres no turning back. ;)
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

SpcCb

Quote from: Africashot on August 16, 2013, 03:20:56 AM
(...) why is the lion so blurry?
Because of atmospheric turbulence.
Sun heats ground, fresh air (I suppose it was filming at morning), so it makes big temperature gradient. We see light distortions through gradients (like through water/air), magnified by the small spacial sampling (relative long focal length apparently).

dariSSight

I see in the new update the guys have made improvements on Focus Peaking, can some one explain what focus peaking is it just a better focus check other then using 5x 10x then focus?
Canon 5D Mark II

dossisman

Here's a teaser for a music video I shot with my MarkII.  I used two 32GB Komputerbay x1000 cards, and they were great!

For post-processing I used fatpig's BATCHelor exclusively and it worked like a charm.  My workflow turned out pretty simple.  I'd edit with the Cineform proxies straight out of BATCHelor, then opened the timeline in After Effects, replaced footage with the DNG's, corrected, then applied FilmConvert.

Doyle4

@a.d

Could you post that cr2hdr has been made for osx on front [age for us mac users :) Thanks man!

Working great!! is there a terminal line for multiple images please?

UPDATE: Solved, press space and add the next file name :) going to make this as a Automate Script, thanks again.

a.d.

@Doyle4
just added cr2hdr with gui:
* drag & drop
* multi files & folders!

Doyle4

Quote from: a.d. on August 16, 2013, 04:39:31 PM
@Doyle4
* drag & drop
* multi files & folders!

Thank you man! Very much appreciated!

togg

I can't fill the card with the latest build (31302bbc6461) and the 1.85 max resolution, it keep going down to 74,1/74,3 MB/s. 3 minutes recording maybe. I'm using the computerbay 64gb 1000X.

With 728e571a1276 it's a lot much stable. (74,6 or more)

Doyle4

restore ML defaults, reboot camera

togg

Doyle4

dariSSight

Quote from: a.d. on August 16, 2013, 04:39:31 PM
@Doyle4
* drag & drop
* multi files & folders!

I have a Mac and I'm having problem installing the cr2hdr on my Mac. Is there any way you can give me a step by step installation direction?
Canon 5D Mark II