5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadsky

Hello colleagues! And where you can read about the work of the video with dual ISO ?

dariSSight

I know this might be a dumb question but with the dramatic progress you guys have accomplish with ML coding I have to ask, is there anyway to get some kind of clean Slow Motion from the 5D Mark II or is the DiGiC inside too slow. Whats the highest possible FPS could we get out of the Mark II? Thanks for every thing you guys do for us Mark II users, we are able to use 70-80% of 5D Mark III functions and that make life in independent production a little more easier.
Canon 5D Mark II

Doyle4

I remember canon showing off 50/60fps on the mkii but i think the camera overheated very quickly, too get a slow motion look on the mkii try this..

PressureFM

I'm only getting ML Grayscale Preview in 5x Zoom mode, is this normal behavior?

It means I can't squeeze out 1856 x 1044 in non-cropped shooting (just below the 77.7 MB/s required for continuous at 23.976 FPS) but can in 5x Zoom mode (with ML Grayscale).

On the latest build :)

rizziriz

Pardon my ignorance, but is there a way to make 5x Crop Mode work without having the Live View reframe and just resizing the framing guide? I'm sure you geniuses have already thought of this, and if so, simply ignore this post except for this:

The raw module is the single greatest invention in the history of home video.

FabledSpectrum

Africashot

Quote from: rizziriz on August 12, 2013, 05:26:21 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but is there a way to make 5x Crop Mode work without having the Live View reframe and just resizing the framing guide? I'm sure you geniuses have already thought of this, and if so, simply ignore this post except for this:

Use the HAcked or ML grayscale preview in the RAW menu for correct framing in 5x crop, its not perfect because the resolution takes a drop and as far as I know it doesn't work while recording but its a start. 

QuoteThe raw module is the single greatest invention in the history of home video.
You are damn right it is!
ML 5D2 & T3i

dariSSight

Quote from: Doyle4 on August 11, 2013, 03:54:07 PM
I remember canon showing off 50/60fps on the mkii but i think the camera overheated very quickly, too get a slow motion look on the mkii try this..

Thanks for the response and video guide, I will test it out. I think I understand what he means by the movement needs to be very slow but I wish he show an example on a secon camera, I'll get it thanks again.
Canon 5D Mark II

Doyle4

Took me a while to to understand what he ment, so i tried see where thr images where and when moving... he shoots around 24 photos in burst mode,

Doyle4

Thought id show some samples on the new Dual Iso.

I set the camera to take two pictures, one Dual Iso and then normal.
Images are not edit to look nice, iv edited them to see how much detail i can now keep using Dual Iso if i need too.
Blacks, Contrast and Shadow is all i tweaked, i made sure i had both selected in ACR so each image had identical settings.

.... Dual Iso is amazing!!

rizziriz

Quote from: Africashot on August 12, 2013, 07:19:35 AM
Use the HAcked or ML grayscale preview in the RAW menu for correct framing in 5x crop, its not perfect because the resolution takes a drop and as far as I know it doesn't work while recording but its a start. 

Thanks! Please check out my latest short, shot entirely raw.

Africashot

Wow, awesome story, grade, edit, photography, in short - great short!
ML 5D2 & T3i

togg

Really good job! In one day only!

Anyway, the dual iso looks terrific.

oddname

Anyone knowing if dual iso raw video will be possible on the 5d2? :)
Or hardware just too old and slow?

danielcreed

Quote from: oddname on August 12, 2013, 08:14:47 PM
Anyone knowing if dual iso raw video will be possible on the 5d2? :)
Or hardware just too old and slow?

you can do raw dual iso video on the 5d2 :)

oddname

How? Afaik dual iso on the 5D2 only works in photo mode not video?

Francis

Dual ISO raw video did not work for me. Only did 1 test though.

oddname

Someone that claim it works, feel free to tell how too, if it does indeed works :)

danielcreed

hmm i think you're right, i presumed it would work, my bad !

oddname

If it doesn't use up more memory/cycles it should be possible in time then with some luck :)

Doyle4

Dual Iso is Photo only on the 5Dmkii, like the 7D,

it also tells you when Raw video is enabled and Dual Iso is.

oddname

As in atm or forever? Would be sweet if it will work in videomode too someday :)
Or forget about it and go mk3 that is planned :)

dima510

i shot a test CR2 with dual ISO 100/1600. when i drag it over cr2hdr.exe, it comes back with the message "Doesn't look like interlaced ISO". however, if i open the file in ACR it clearly shows the interlaced exposures. can someone help? what is going wrong? thanx!!

a.d.

@oddname
dual iso videomode: I think, we suffer enough of aliasing and moire on 5D2. :o
For now, I'm quite happy what a1ex done for us.

@dima510
underexposure?