5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmo.lv

taking video in crop mode 1920x720 with latest build it is almost impossible to record normal video, every 2 or third shot is unusable. For me it looks like some code problems of proper frame ordering, it packs .RAW file with errors of frame order. maybe buffer issue, not enougt power or speed to calculate this process... ;)

Sample video:

5D Mark II

Lukasz

neopixel

exact same thing here; I'm also having this same issue with Alex's build when shooting with fps override and taking pictures in silent mode

a1ex

This looks like you used 10x mode, which is known not to work. Stick to 5x.

cosmo.lv

Quote from: a1ex on August 09, 2013, 08:04:16 AM
This looks like you used 10x mode, which is known not to work. Stick to 5x.

Ou... Thanks, sad that it not work. :( (going back to  07.11 release :)
5D Mark II

a1ex

SpcCb

Same problem here, like I explained page #42 (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5533.msg62034#msg62034) a couple of day ago. :-\

Since some days I switched to the unified nightly build (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3072.0) to use RAW + OFPS. It works fine, even if in title it says 'not for RAW' (&, it's a detail but I prefer OSD informations placement in this release).

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: Doyle4 on August 08, 2013, 04:01:46 PM
Dont know whats changed in latest build but im now getting 83-92mb Write speed on my Trancend 1000x 32gb on my mkii :D

Update: Just got 97.9mb Write!! Super good :D was previously getting 69-70..

Well I've tested with my card and I don't get an increase. My komputerbay 32gb 1000x does 105mb/s max on my read and it goes to just a bit above 90mb/s.

Is it my card? Other people are you guys experiencing the same with my card?

Yaros525

Oh wow, apparently Magic A1ex digged Dual ISO for our beloved 5D2.

So, we will get new build soon, a.d. ? ))

Kabuto1138

Hey guys, so how do we use this dual ISO thing.   I see in the menu, but when I record I don't see two streams in the files.  New to this ISO thing.

thanks

Doyle4

Quote from: xNiNELiVES on August 09, 2013, 04:41:37 PM
Well I've tested with my card and I don't get an increase. My komputerbay 32gb 1000x does 105mb/s max on my read and it goes to just a bit above 90mb/s.

Is it my card? Other people are you guys experiencing the same with my card?

Im not sure what i did to get this as i have never got above 70mb again... an odd one indeed.

Doyle4

YESSSS!!! Dual Iso on the MKii !!

Thanks you A1ex  ;D

Is there a Mac verison for cr2hdr?

Doyle4

Before i post in the Bug section am i doing something wrong or is there something wrong?

Iv installed latest build with Dual Iso function, reset to Magic Lantern Deafault and Manual Mode wont allow me to change any settings.
Dual Iso disabled i still cant and Auto Exposure is disabled too..

Any help would be great thanks.

ted ramasola

Did some tests on the dual ISO and heres some quirks. Also posted this on the dual iso for 5d3 and 7D thread but maybe this is something a.d. can fix for the 5d2 compile.

1. after activating dual iso, i can take 1 shot with it then the following shots are normal cr2. I did not turn on alternate.
I sometimes take the card out and back before I can take a dual iso shot. Sometimes reboot cam will work sometimes not.
or I will download the cr2 via usb cable. after downloading i will take another shot, they will not be in dual iso. looking at ML menu dual iso is still at ON.

2. changing the recovery ISO has a bug, after entering submenu i can change it to 3200 for example. exiting sub menu I can see the the dual iso reads 100/1600 still.

I have no problems using dual iso with my 7D.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

ted ramasola

@ a.d.

could you also add in your first post info about cr2hdr.exe that the folder holding the cr2hdr.exe + dcraw.exe + exiftool.exe
should have a simple file name and no special char as the cr2hdr.exe won't convert if the file name is "complex."
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

a.d.

@ted
updated

@Doyle4
I've already tried to port to OSX , but it didn't work. Exiftool seems to be the culprit.

Input file     : /Users/ad/Desktop/dualiso/DUAL3473.CR2
Full size      : 5792 x 3804
Active area    : 5634 x 3753
White level    : 12400
Black borders  : 158 left, 51 top
Black level    : 970
ISO pattern    : BddB GBRG
Estimating ISO difference...
ISO difference : 4.95 EV (3090)
Black delta    : 4.16
Interpolation  : mean23-chroma5x5-contrast
Matching brightness...
Looking for hot pixels...
Hot pixels     : 876
Full-res reconstruction...
Alias filtering...
Dark chroma filtering...
Building contrast map...
Dilating contrast map...
Smoothing contrast map...
ISO overlap    : 4.1 EV (approx)
Black adjust   : -3
Output file    : /Users/ad/Desktop/dualiso/DUAL3473.DNG
sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Exiftool didn't work

avasarin

Hi everyone.
I noticed some strange "flickering" while something crossed the frame (ex. somebody passing trough the shot). It's like the WB and exposure go crazy for one second.
But this happen only when I postprocess the RAW files with After effects. With Davinci nothing happend and everything works fine.
Has anybody notice that? I use AE CS5.5.
5dmk2 - Nikkor set(20-28-35-50-105mm), Vivitar 85-105 - BMPCC
http://www.frabiatofilm.com
https://www.facebook.com/stringssenzatempo

Doyle4

Quote from: a.d. on August 10, 2013, 09:30:54 AM

@Doyle4
I've already tried to port to OSX , but it didn't work. Exiftool seems to be the culprit.

Thanks for trying man, ill download parallels again, thanks for the work.

Doyle4

Dual Iso problem gone now, i deleted all cfg in modules and seems to of sorted it, i dont think i fully removed the old saved one.

Also, have some testing of dual iso, i must say its incredible... great find and amazing to see it on my 5Dmkii  8) i was pretty jealous of the mkiii n 7D owners ha.

UPDATE: When file name is set too DUAL9688 the exiftool comes up with an error saying cant find DesktopY when the file name is normal or changed to a single number it says Desktop and proceeds to convert. Also finding if dragging over more than one file to batch convert the same error happens.

Actual Error: File not found - C:/Users/Doyle/Desktop/cr2hdrY.@, No files Updated, 1 files werent updated due to errors,

Happens all the time on Batch convert even with a simple name.

dariSSight

Why does the newest build Aug 9th come up as Aug 5 969929a55d5d+ in camera ML Interface Menu, is that a bug and shouldn't it come up as a844c5e3a60e in camera?
Canon 5D Mark II

a.d.

I think it's an info bug in my changeset, but it's the latest.
changeset:   8019:a844c5e3a60e
branch:      unified
tag:         tip
user:        alex@thinkpad
date:        Fri Aug 09 17:45:44 2013 +0300
summary:     cr2hdr: disable scaling when correcting black level, update exif info instead (fixes converting files with black level other than 2048)

togg

I'm super happy to see dual ISO here! Hope that you will find a way to bring this to mac soon :)

guentergunter

RAW videos obviously can't be shot with dual ISO, yet. Or am I missing something?
5D2 ML RAW + VAF-5D2b: http://vimeo.com/69350650

Doyle4

Quote from: guentergunter on August 10, 2013, 06:41:04 PM
RAW videos obviously can't be shot with dual ISO, yet. Or am I missing something?

Photo only atm dude like the 7D, but agreed, Dual Iso is incredible!!

Doyle4

Quote from: togg on August 10, 2013, 06:28:46 PM
I'm super happy to see dual ISO here! Hope that you will find a way to bring this to mac soon :)

I tried to convert it using Winebottle and no joy, currently using Parallels.