5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aleksei.lungu

Quote from: PressureFM on June 09, 2013, 05:09:13 PM
What exactly are you trying to do in Terminal? Joining files over 4 GB? You don't need to fiddle with that to record RAW video on the 5D Mark II.

Look at the tutorial on how to install Magic Lantern on your camera.

Hi PressureFM, i don't have any problems with installation of ML to my Mark II, problem is, how to install RAW plugin or patch, or what ever it is to camera. I tryed a latest build, the link is same as topicstarter updated on first page.

cheguevara

Quote from: reddeercity on June 09, 2013, 09:43:42 PM
If you go back to pages (6), (7) i wrote a short tutorial how to
install from the beginning with prepare your card etc...
about half way down the page.
make sure you read the part about "SCRIPTS" on page 7 ;)
Yeah i've done that and had it working a few weeks ago when it started but it buged alot so i reverted to original ML
Its hard to find 6june build with modules and .fir an autoexec.bat combination thats working...or any other for that sake... dont know why its not included in nightly builds...
sorry but i really cant find the combination thats working  :(
even when i find the one that shows Modules menu in ML it does not record raw...
PS. i find it hard to belive that 60mb/s is not enough for 2K raw video... as 2K picture is roughly 2Mmpix  in RAW that about 2-3mb. Make it 2.5mb x 24frames is exactly 60mb/s needed for it... :o
Im using 16gb 60mb/s SanDisk cards

reddeercity

Quote from: cheguevara on June 09, 2013, 11:06:45 PM
Yeah i've done that and had it working a few weeks ago when it started but it buged alot so i reverted to original ML
Its hard to find 6june build with modules and .fir an autoexec.bat combination thats working...or any other for that sake... dont know why its not included in nightly builds...
sorry but i really cant find the combination thats working  :(
even when i find the one that shows Modules menu in ML it does not record raw...
PS. i find it hard to belive that 60mb/s is not enough for 2K raw video... as 2K picture is roughly 2Mmpix  in RAW that about 2-3mb. Make it 2.5mb x 24frames is exactly 60mb/s needed for it... :o
Im using 16gb 60mb/s SanDisk cards

OK,  :)
i way just doing some crop 5x recording @ 2152x820 24p & i can only get about 2000 frames then it stops.
now the only reason that it stops is the bus interface to the CF card was never design to maintain write speed beyond
69.9 MB/s. How do i know this? because of the above test i was doing.
the camera Started to write @66.5 MB/s & built up to 68.5MB/s until the bus interface can't keep up  anymore and stops.
this is when it goes be-on 69.8 MB/s
i have a Lexar 1000x 32GB , benches @write 65.5MB/s read @ 70 MB/s that it.  i just keeps up in a 5d2, if it was a 5d3 it design to write @ 90MB/s & up becauses of the "all i" in h264.
i have a Scandisk 32GB 60MB/s 400x, the max size it records is 1440x810 24p, it benches @ 50MB/s with 16k alignment & 32K alignment
drop to around 40MB/s.
to get more stable speed
Try to format your card but do a low level format, uncheck the Quick format box & try a 16K alignment
it will take some time 30 to 50 min.

How are you setting up camera ?
what frame size are trying to capture?
Start at lower frame size and find one that you can record a full card at,
then work with the next size up and fine tune the camera, eg. turn of overlays etc..
to see if you can get that stable.
I hope that helps  :D

cheguevara

Hi, i tested it weeks ago with 1880x800 or so and 1280*720... the later one worked for about 4-5 sec before skipping frames...
but now it's not working :( i'm trying everything but it just not even showing Modules menu or when it does (raw video checked) does not start raw recording (it does h.264) ...
im missing something definitely... ???

Burair

Helloo

I have 5d m2 , when I installed the ML there was no RAW VIDEO function !!
how can i get it ?

reddeercity

Quote from: cheguevara on June 10, 2013, 01:11:38 AM
Hi, i tested it weeks ago with 1880x800 or so and 1280*720... the later one worked for about 4-5 sec before skipping frames...
but now it's not working :( i'm trying everything but it just not even showing Modules menu or when it does (raw video checked) does not start raw recording (it does h.264) ...
im missing something definitely... ???
before you try the below,
in the Modules folder do you have ?
FILE_MAN.MO
MAGIC.SYS
RAW_REC.MO
and  the new autoexec.bin on the Root of the card
this must be from the some built, can not mix difference Raw record modules
components 

Try deleting the log files in the ML folder/Logs folder
first, i do this when i load new Raw record module
if that doesn't Help delete the setting files (2 of them)(*.cfg)

:)

Doyle4

go back to 14-Bit RAW video Builds for 5D2, n there be a download section at top in red, choose latest win or osx, replace files on card with downloaded ones (tip: open each folder and drag n replace)

reddeercity

Quote from: Burair on June 10, 2013, 01:30:46 AM
Helloo

I have 5d m2 , when I installed the ML there was no RAW VIDEO function !!
how can i get it ?

go to page 6 & 7 that should help and go to page 1 to down load the
latest raw modules ;)

Burair

Quote from: reddeercity on June 10, 2013, 01:47:57 AM
go to page 6 & 7 that should help and go to page 1 to down load the
latest raw modules ;)

i will try and come back
thank ;)

mgm

Hi All,

Can you give me advise on buying a card for 5D2 RAW? Should I go for:

1) 32GB SanDisk UDMA7 90MB/s card
or
2) 32GB Lexar 600X 90MB/s card?

I'm not planning to buy the Lexar 1000x card, just want to know which one of these 2 is better.

I am currently running 5D2 with June 06 firmware and I can record about of 45 seconds of 1720x732@24p on an old 8GB SanDisk 60MB/s card.

Thanks,

M

togg

I'm having a strange problem. When I try to make a RAW recording, or even a benchmark test!, without reason at a certain point the mirror shut down and the live view button make a blue light. The RAW recording is corrupt and I can't take out the dngs (Error: This ain't a lv_rec RAW file).
I'm using the latest build and raw2dng macosx for 5D2 Beta ver.0.4.

:(

Raelic

@mgm : I have the SanDisk 90MB/s card (got it a week or so back). It works great, no complaints.

ted ramasola

Quote from: Raelic on June 10, 2013, 04:08:39 PM
@mgm : I have the SanDisk 90MB/s card (got it a week or so back). It works great, no complaints.

Your using this on the 5dmkII right? are you able to record 1720 x 968 or 1880 x 854 continuously with this card without dropped frames? This could be a cheaper solution, I have the lexar 1000x and is looking to buy a 2nd one.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

mgm

Cool, what's the maximum resolution you get for continuous shooting, and how with how many buffer stars?

Thx

Burair

Hello I tried the raw 5d m2, and it worked.

When i tested the raw video i got 2 problems :
- the camera goes off automatically !
- when i record i get a pink bar while shooting for 1 sec only !

any solution ?

togg

Quote from: Burair on June 10, 2013, 07:19:22 PM
Hello I tried the raw 5d m2, and it worked.

problems :
- the camera goes off automatically !

Do you mean that the mirror shut down automatically? It's my problem  :'(

a.d.

Archduke3

Really?

I just tried with the latest build and my 64gb card (UDMA 6 version) and I can't get passed 800 frames. The constant write is around 60mb/s and I am using the 1880 resolution. I was told somewhere to go into "hacker mode" and turn off global draw. Couldn't find that mode, but global draw off gave me an extra 20 frames.

guentergunter

I have the Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB 90MB/s UDMA7 card, too.

In some recent tests with the newest build from 06/08/13, I can most of the time record contiously at 1880x800. Just sometimes the write rate decreases for some unrecognizable reason which causes the buffer to overflow.

But still, I'm waiting for a Lexar 1000x 32GB to arrive these days. This card is said to be even faster on the 5D2; so the recording could be much more stable due to the transfer rate.
5D2 ML RAW + VAF-5D2b: http://vimeo.com/69350650

togg

Quote from: a.d. on June 10, 2013, 07:53:57 PM
Auto power off > Off
Omg THANK YOU. This was driving me crazy. I don't know how I've not understood it by myself. Yesterday it wasn't shutting down.

Anyway, my Sandisk 16GB 60mb/s can record a full card with 1472X828 resolution.

mvejerslev

QuoteYour using this on the 5dmkII right? are you able to record 1720 x 968 or 1880 x 854 continuously with this card without dropped frames? This could be a cheaper solution, I have the lexar 1000x and is looking to buy a 2nd one.

Ted, I bought a Sandisk Extreme Pro 90MB/s card, and it will do 1880x800 continously but above that it stops before 4GB.
5D Mark II, PC

reddeercity

Hello All  :)
Every one that's thinking of Buying Other then a Lexar 1000x 32GB CF card.
you will Not have Stable continuous  Raw recording @ 1880x845 @24p or any Standard size.
i have spent a many days with my(2) Scandisk 400X 60MB/s,16GB, (1) Scandisk 400x 60MB/s 32GB ,(1)Scandisk 600x 90MB/s 32GB
the Maximum Write Speed for Scandisk is average 43MB/s to 52MB/s and the odd time it would hit 60 MB/s but only for a moment.
that was on the 600x Scandisk. The only stable size for continuous that i got on my 5d2 was 1440x810 ?
and at that it wasn't that stable.
if you are only looking for 100-200 frames any card can do, but really that's no good.
i can continuous record raw @1880x854 until full about 7.5 minute.
in 5x crop mode i can  continuous record raw @ 2152x808 24p until card is full.
i Get only 1 buffer star and the readout says i'm recording @ 67.8 MB/s, & for 1880x854 thats 64.3 MB/s :)
in 5x crop mode 1920x872 24p i can do about 2000 Fames .

you must remember there is over head in the file writing, so if you need let say 50MB/s and you card is good for 50MB/s
you would think that would be OK, but in reality you would need about 53- 55Mb/s to maintain 50MB/s
so in the End it would be to every ones advantage  if you but a higher end CF Card like, Lexar 1000x, or Hoodman 1000x etc....

Personal i will stay with the Lexar 1000x cards 32 or 64, there are Rock Solid and a Great investment,
and it you ungrade to 5d3 then you are set to go '

" It always better to have too much than not enough" ;D

mihaii

1) well.. it's simple to say get a lexar but in Europe where i live it's about 410$ the 32GB one :)

2) Transcend 1000x and the others (Komputerbay and Sandisk 90MB are pretty stable in you record in 800x instead of 854x (continuous i mean)  (I dont consider it a big difference)
3) With the latest speed improvements there is hope to get stable 854p for the others
4) The Lexar 1000x will never be used at full speed on a 5D2 (so you pay for something you will never use)
5) a fast CF card is not a good investment.. Sure, after 3 years when you're gonna switch for the 5D3, you'll be able to get a Kingston, Transcend, Delkin (cheap cards) with 128-256GB of storage able to record full HD 25/30fps

6) Did i mention that it costs 410$ in Romania? :))

togg

Quote from: mihaii on June 10, 2013, 11:20:14 PM
6) Did i mention that it costs 410$ in Romania? :))

It's not the right topic to talk about that but... on ebay you can buy it 140€. And I think it's already a lot.

Doyle4

Can anyone confirm 10th july build more stable than 8th?
i like 8th july's but im worried bout 10th july's lol  ;D