5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachelsoul

Quote from: silvertonesx24 on June 05, 2013, 05:27:13 PM
Are there plans to integrate the other raw_rec.mo with this build? I like this build but I really like the feature of the other raw_rec for 5D where it shuts off the global draw off automatically
+1. I love Pravdomil raw_rec module.

Oedipax

Quote from: Nachelsoul on June 05, 2013, 10:41:45 PM
+1. I love Pravdomil raw_rec module.
Yep, +1. I really liked that feature.

a.d.

@romainmenke
You seem to miss the footer. Could you check the Canon Menu? Auto power off

Quote from: silvertonesx24 on June 05, 2013, 05:27:13 PM
Are there plans to integrate the other raw_rec.mo with this build? I like this build but I really like the feature of the other raw_rec for 5D where it shuts off the global draw off automatically
already implemented

Oedipax

Quote from: a.d. on June 05, 2013, 10:59:58 PMalready implemented

We might be referring to different things - on the Pravdomil build, it would turn off all the ML overlays but also black out everything on the LCD apart from the image capture area. It really helps with framing. Could be nice to get that as an option.

ted ramasola

Quote from: Oedipax on June 05, 2013, 11:45:08 PM
We might be referring to different things - on the Pravdomil build, it would turn off all the ML overlays but also black out everything on the LCD apart from the image capture area. It really helps with framing. Could be nice to get that as an option.

yeah, I have to admit I like that too, though having it semi transparent would be much better as it would give us a warning, like for instance  that boom mic is about to get into the frame. :)
But if that black out crop marks are bitmaps then it occupies memory more. If that means lesser performance then I could do with just simple crop marks.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Redrocks

The blackout feature on the Pravdomil build is so handy and it doesn't make my highest reliable resolution unstable. That and af record make it all much easier.

neopixel

Hi guys!

I'm looking for the crop factor mode into the ML menu, but can't find it! Can anyone help me?
I'm running build 29th may on the 5D2.

Thanks!

danielcreed

Quote from: neopixel on June 06, 2013, 02:22:56 AM
Hi guys!

I'm looking for the crop factor mode into the ML menu, but can't find it! Can anyone help me?
I'm running build 29th may on the 5D2.

Thanks!

just zoom in :)

Clemens

Haven't changed anything... now it's running on 1880 x 854 25fps without problems. Buffer is always between 1 or 2 *
Perhaps a bit off topic but - I'm not a filming pro and everything I know, I learned through tutorial videos or articles on the internet. But what are the advantages of using 24fps? Sure, in this case it's less data on the card. But what are the advantages from a "design" point of view?

Clemens

Quote from: danielcreed on June 06, 2013, 08:20:32 AM
just zoom in :)
Also thought so - but my zoom buttons are not working with Magic Lantern, which makes it somehow hard to focus, also.

danielcreed

Quote from: Clemens on June 06, 2013, 09:56:19 AM
Haven't changed anything... now it's running on 1880 x 854 25fps without problems. Buffer is always between 1 or 2 *
Perhaps a bit off topic but - I'm not a filming pro and everything I know, I learned through tutorial videos or articles on the internet. But what are the advantages of using 24fps? Sure, in this case it's less data on the card. But what are the advantages from a "design" point of view?

24FPS is an industry standard as far as filming goes, it's been since the early days of filming, you get a very filmic motion blur to the shots.
that's the jist of it

ted ramasola

Quote from: danielcreed on June 06, 2013, 10:22:40 AM
24FPS is an industry standard as far as filming goes, it's been since the early days of filming, you get a very filmic motion blur to the shots.
that's the jist of it

-and ideally it's combined with 1/48 shutter speed (47 in ML ) to approximate 180 degree shutter in film.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

olik

Quote from: Clemens on June 06, 2013, 09:56:19 AM

Wow, nice, what cards are you using? I have a Komputer Bay 64GB 1000x and I only get 677 frames on 1720x968@25fps with a.d. build from yesterday.

Lukasz

I have Lexar 64gb 1000x and I can't go over 55MB/s and it is 10MB/s less then normal. Is there any topic about how to set your 5d for the most MB/s possible? I turned draw off, only s size picture, no sound, etc.

ted ramasola

Quote from: Lukasz on June 06, 2013, 01:19:42 PM
I have Lexar 64gb 1000x and I can't go over 55MB/s and it is 10MB/s less then normal. Is there any topic about how to set your 5d for the most MB/s possible? I turned draw off, only s size picture, no sound, etc.

at what resolution and aspect ratio do you get continuous recording?
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

Lukasz

1880x706 aspect ratio 2.67:1 frame rate 24.000

seanturco

ted ramasola

Quote from: Lukasz on June 06, 2013, 01:27:03 PM
1880x710

yes. is your canon menu set at 24fps? If yes, try setting FPS override in ML menu to 24 as well.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

seanturco

look the menu option "live view/movie func.set "
And set "Stills + movie" and "movie display".
Movie rec size at 1920 X 1080 24fps.

Lukasz

I've done those two things. Also in my search for the "golden setting" I've noticed that when You change the main camera dial to either custom or automatic mode You will gain a few buffer stars but there might be some controls issues . Do not know is that an obvious thing for everybody.

Clemens

I know that 24fps are cinema standard and 25fps PAL Standard. So i always just sticked to 25fps without really questioning why. I also used 1/50th to apply to the 180° shutter rule, and so far everything worked out. But I don't understand - is it a big difference to record in 24fps? Is it noticeable? Haven't found good articles on the net about it.

@Olik: I'm using a Lexar 1000x 64GB Card - and strangely it didn't work out first, but now i did about 15 recordings all about 7 or 8 GB, and Buffer was always very stable on 1 or 2 *

ted ramasola

Quote from: Lukasz on June 06, 2013, 01:39:35 PM
I've done those two things. Also in my search for the "golden setting" I've noticed that when You change the main camera dial to either custom or automatic mode You will gain a few buffer stars but there might be some controls issues . Do not know is that an obvious thing for everybody.

What build date are you using?
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

Lukasz

Quote from: ted ramasola on June 06, 2013, 02:01:40 PM
What build date are you using?

Now I use 04 june so the newest one, but I've been testing all avilable 5d mark II builds and my Lexar 16gb 400x is doing 40MB/s and new Lexar 64gb 1000x max is 55MB/s. I turned off all possible things and there is slight improvment but nowhere near 1880x800 not filling the buffer up.

danielcreed

Quote from: Lukasz on June 06, 2013, 01:39:35 PM

HA ! really interesting, in custum functions mode you get almost twice the buffer ! and now i get twice the number of frames at 1880x800

Lukasz

Quote from: danielcreed on June 06, 2013, 02:18:05 PM
HA ! really interesting, in custum functions mode you get almost twice the buffer ! and now i get twice the number of frames at 1880x800

HA ! So it is not obvious for everybody. Yes You can do twice amount of the frames like in pravdomil's topic picture when he posted his build. 1% commented on it "I see all the buffer stars you got and I'm jealous :)" and I thought everybody knew how to do it. So now eveyone will get even more frames than me... :'(