5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshiyuki Blade

The scripts dir comes from the regular nightly builds. Once you load the RAW recording module, the option to record RAW should appear last on the "Movie" tab.

edit: whoa, what's up with the post counts?

reddeercity

Quote from: joshmonie on June 02, 2013, 09:59:33 PM
Hi again.

Having followed the instructions, I'm now having another issue. Upon turning the camera on after the ML "success" screen, I'm getting a "scripts dir missing" message. I can then go into ML as normal, load the raw module, etc. but when I turn it on and go into live view, I cannot start raw recording.

Any ideas?

Sorry i forgot to tell you about that, :-[  i had to download that i'm just looking for it

reddeercity

Quote from: reddeercity on June 02, 2013, 10:32:11 PM
Sorry i forgot to tell you about that, :-[  i had to download that i'm just looking for if

http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/nightly/archive/2013-05-23-8f5f3c441614/
this is the file name (magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013May23.60D.550D.600D.50D.500D.5D2.1100D)
i found a older built , it has the files your missing,  i used this for my 5D2
just take the Scripts Folder put it into the ML Folder
that should work, if not let me know i  see if i can help further  :)

reddeercity

Shot this last night June 1st/2013 about 6:00pm
off my Deck pointing northwest in Red Deer, Alberta,Can.
with my 5D2
ML ISO 50, with 50mm Sigma f1.4 EX DG @ f2.2  Variable ND
stop down 50%

shuntian

I copied all the file in to my card, all the function are working properly, but when I switch raw video to on and I press the AF-ON button my camera dosen't record. Dose anyone know what is the problem?

seanturco

You need to press the liveview Button to record!
I hope record fonction will be assign to another button !!

ted ramasola

Quote from: seanturco on June 03, 2013, 08:04:00 AM
You need to press the liveview Button to record!
I hope record fonction will be assign to another button !!

Its already been transferred in new builds to either the joystick press or the AF-ON button.  FYI.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

mageye

I don't know why they refer to that thing as a 'joy stick'. There is no joy in using it :o
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

Oedipax

Using the 5/31 build, I get severe pixelation/slow refresh (basically unusable) at the first zoom level and a super-heavy pink color cast at the second zoom level.

Is this known/intended behavior? I'm not shooting anything with it this way, but it makes focusing before takes more difficult and wasn't an issue in earlier builds.

Nachelsoul

Please, to all the testers, could you recomend me the most stable build at this moment?. I suppose that some nightly builds has some bugs, and I do not need new features, I am searching the faster (?) build. Do you remenber a good one from these last days?. Thanks. I have been reading daily the forum and I learnt a lot, thanks guys you rock.

reddeercity

Quote from: Nachelsoul on June 03, 2013, 07:54:28 PM
Please, to all the testers, could you recomend me the most stable build at this moment?. I suppose that some nightly builds has some bugs, and I do not need new features, I am searching the faster (?) build. Do you remenber a good one from these last days?. Thanks. I have been reading daily the forum and I learnt a lot, thanks guys you rock.

I have been using the May 31 Built it stable and fastest one yet  ;D
But make sure your card is fast, i use Lexar 1000x 32 Gb card
it dose 1880x854 24p until the card is full :)
no corruption .
i did a full card test see my Video a few post up from vimeo

reddeercity

Quote from: Oedipax on June 03, 2013, 07:31:56 PM
Using the 5/31 build, I get severe pixelation/slow refresh (basically unusable) at the first zoom level and a super-heavy pink color cast at the second zoom level.

Is this known/intended behavior? I'm not shooting anything with it this way, but it makes focusing before takes more difficult and wasn't an issue in earlier builds.
I haven't notice pixelation/slow refresh
On that built, I don't use the zoom
I turn on the over lay's & use ML focus
Or use my zatcua 2.5x focus dopter

Oedipax

Quote from: reddeercity on June 03, 2013, 09:47:43 PM
I haven't notice pixelation/slow refresh
On that built, I don't use the zoom
I turn on the over lay's & use ML focus
Or use my zatcua 2.5x focus dopter

Ah, I have to sheepishly admit I wasn't aware of the ML Focus technique, works pretty well! That's working for me now although I still get a pink display with the other method (5x/10x zoom button).

reddeercity

Quote from: Oedipax on June 03, 2013, 11:37:40 PM
Ah, I have to sheepishly admit I wasn't aware of the ML Focus technique, works pretty well! That's working for me now although I still get a pink display with the other method (5x/10x zoom button).

That the Price to pay for Stable Raw Video
they will work that out in the future .

When you have the overlays on and focus with any EF Lens the focus window pop up.
set the size in the menu. It the best feature i think  ;)
when recording Raw the overlays turn off automatically.
You should go though the Magic Latern Menus and check
out all the feature, you may find some very interesting Funtions
It will make Filming alot smoother. :)

Alfazzz

Quote from: Oedipax on June 03, 2013, 07:31:56 PM

Hi,
same here, same build.

leo

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I tried to install the Magic Lantern firmware, however, I keep on getting this message "Memory card containing firmware is required to update" any clue about this? I would really appreciate all the help. I follow the instructions from http://5dfilmmaking.com/05/how-to-shoot-raw-video-on-your-5d2/

ted ramasola

Quote from: leo on June 04, 2013, 03:01:43 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I tried to install the Magic Lantern firmware, however, I keep on getting this message "Memory card containing firmware is required to update" any clue about this? I would really appreciate all the help. I follow the instructions from http://5dfilmmaking.com/05/how-to-shoot-raw-video-on-your-5d2/

Have you followed the instructions from here?

http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq#installation
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

reddeercity

Quote from: ted ramasola on June 04, 2013, 03:29:48 AM
Have you followed the instructions from here?

http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq#installation

If you are still having problem go back to page 6 about half way up the page i wrote
a short procedure on installing Magic Latern on 5d mark ii
also read a few post on page 7 about the Scripts Folder i wrote that should do it

leo

ted ramasola, thank you so much for your help. reddeercity, thank you so much. I followed every step. However, I still have the same problem. I'm using a SanDisk Extreme Pro. I don't understand what's the problem, as I can install the old magic lantern, but not the nightly build ones that has the RAW recording feature.

ted ramasola

Quote from: leo on June 04, 2013, 04:16:31 AM
ted ramasola, thank you so much for your help. reddeercity, thank you so much. I followed every step. However, I still have the same problem. I'm using a SanDisk Extreme Pro. I don't understand what's the problem, as I can install the old magic lantern, but not the nightly build ones that has the RAW recording feature.

remember that when when using the nightly builds you do not remove the folders from the unified stable release 2.3. You only add/replace the once duplicated by the nightly builds.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

leo

ted ramasola, thank you so much for your quick response. I deeply appreciate it. I don't understand what you mean by do not remove folders from the unified stable release. Do you mean I have to install a stable release 2.3 on my MK-II, then copy the nightly build over it?

shuntian

Quote from: ted ramasola on June 03, 2013, 10:37:25 AM
Its already been transferred in new builds to either the joystick press or the AF-ON button.  FYI.

I'm using the 5/31 build, I copied the raw_af-on and raw_joystick folders to my card, but when I press af-on with raw video on it dosen't record, do u know what is the problem

ted ramasola

Quote from: leo on June 04, 2013, 04:43:38 AM
ted ramasola, thank you so much for your quick response. I deeply appreciate it. I don't understand what you mean by do not remove folders from the unified stable release. Do you mean I have to install a stable release 2.3 on my MK-II, then copy the nightly build over it?

Yes. The stable release stays on the card. You just replace the autoexec.bin and add MODULES into the ML folder. AND choose which raw rec to use, joystick or AF_on activated. I prefer the af_on. Replace the raw_rec in the Modules folder.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

ted ramasola

Quote from: shuntian on June 04, 2013, 04:52:27 AM
I'm using the 5/31 build, I copied the raw_af-on and raw_joystick folders to my card, but when I press af-on with raw video on it dosen't record, do u know what is the problem

You don't copy the folders only the file inside. Choose which one then replace the one in MODULES folder.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

leo

ted ramasola, thank you so so much! I finally got it to work! I really appreciate all your help. :) I did a couple of tests and it looks spectacular. I will have to do more tests tomorrow morning. :D