5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddeercity

Quote from: rawmania on September 17, 2013, 12:13:06 PM
This is a great news!
There is also a way to control the rec button (remote)?
Video output (rca) can be used as a video assist during shooting?
Thanks
It is good New! now you have a backup.
on the record button thing , i'm no sure but i have heard talk of
usb triggers. i would do some searches on this form.
As far as i know, its just a hdmi thing. but if your Recorder , of
EVF have a Composite connector (rca) out then it should work.
But on the way i have it setup its just a hdmi  ;)

xvince1

For vimeo link, don't put the "s" after https:// (I've read somewhere that "s" mean secure for vimeo)

Kharak

Quote from: DolphinCreative on September 17, 2013, 02:59:23 PM
I used magic bullet denoiser 2. It works great with regular footage, but with raw its extremely effective, and very easy to use. Thanks man and good luck! Post your footage I would like to see it.

This was shot at ISO 2500eq and later pushed the exposure +1.00 in ACR, was just fooling around and was surprised at how little sensor patterns and other noises were visible before the noise reduction.

Used Neat Video Pro

More specs in video description.
once you go raw you never go back

dossisman

Quote from: Kharak on September 19, 2013, 05:40:13 PM

This was shot at ISO 2500eq and later pushed the exposure +1.00 in ACR, was just fooling around and was surprised at how little sensor patterns and other noises were visible before the noise reduction.

Used Neat Video Pro

More specs in video description.

God, this looks insane. I haven't pushed my camera beyond 1250 ISO, yet.

ted ramasola

@ a.d.

Just a minor typo on the date of recent build. Its typed as 9/25.  ;)
5 days ahead.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Doyle4

a.d.

fixed! I'm always thinking about the future   ;)

Doyle4

Update on CR2HDR is great!! my images now convert that couldn't be dual iso detected :) was going to trash them!

dariSSight

Quote from: Doyle4 on September 21, 2013, 04:51:08 AM
Update on CR2HDR is great!! my images now convert that couldn't be dual iso detected :) was going to trash them!
I've been wondering how to use or what to use the dual iso function for, are you using it to record RAW dual iso video or Stills Photography? If you don't mind can you explain how you're using it with the CR2HDR.app.
Canon 5D Mark II

Samco

Hey I know this is probably a silly nooby question, and most don't get answered but;

When updating to the latest nightly builds I've just been using the original build and overwriting the with the new ML and Autoexe.bin file is this the correct way to do it?

Kharak

Quote from: Samco on September 22, 2013, 05:11:58 PM
Hey I know this is probably a silly nooby question, and most don't get answered but;

When updating to the latest nightly builds I've just been using the original build and overwriting the with the new ML and Autoexe.bin file is this the correct way to do it?

Yes

Samco

Thank you Kharak

Few issues

1. Getting pink flashes on screen when I start recording.

2. ISO is jumping after I start recording. What can I change to disable that/Lock ISO??

3. Is there any way to get the DOT microfocus back or was it not feasible??

Thanks

Stuntfoto

What are you think about this timecode test
http://vimeo.com/75204373

5d markII;  1872x796; s Jpg; 23.976f/s override

drop frame ....

Kharak

Quote from: Stuntfoto on September 23, 2013, 02:25:35 PM
What are you think about this timecode test
http://vimeo.com/75204373

5d markII;  1872x796; s Jpg; 23.976f/s override

drop frame ....

Do you have frame skipping allowed? Cause then it will drop frames and continue recording.

then again, 1872x796 shouldn't cause frame skipping with a 1000x. What build are you on?

Kharak

Quote from: Samco on September 23, 2013, 04:44:38 AM
Thank you Kharak

Few issues

1. Getting pink flashes on screen when I start recording.

2. ISO is jumping after I start recording. What can I change to disable that/Lock ISO??

3. Is there any way to get the DOT microfocus back or was it not feasible??

Thanks

1. Never had this issue man, so I suggest you format card in camera and re-install ML. Or are these just flashes on the screen or do you also see pink flashes on the actual DNG's?

2. Not sure about this, is you ISO set to Auto in canon menu? Your dial on top of the camera, needs to be at M - Mode (Manual).

3. Are you referring to Focus peaking? Cause its available in the last 3-4 builds. Called FPeaking in menu I think and there is Digic peaking which you adjust according to the FPeaking.

Hope it helps.

Stuntfoto

Quote from: Kharak on September 23, 2013, 02:40:05 PM
Do you have frame skipping allowed? Cause then it will drop frames and continue recording.

then again, 1872x796 shouldn't cause frame skipping with a 1000x. What build are you on?
Yes  frame skipping with a 1000x (KomputerBay, and Transcend).... today test with build 23.09.....Frame skipping setting  (OFF)  Any build made fast video( may be 20-18 f/s) any - drop and strobe effect....

Kharak

Quote from: Stuntfoto on September 23, 2013, 02:54:04 PM
  Yes  frame skipping with a 1000x (KomputerBay, and Transcend).... today test with build 23.09.....Frame skipping setting  (OFF)  Any build made fast video( may be 20-18 f/s) any - drop and strobe effect....

Sorry my friend, but its kinda hard for me to understand the last part of your reply.

With frame skipping OFF. how many frames do you get until the camera stops recording with FPS Overide at 23,976?

I haven't tried the newest build yet, so maybe there is something in the newest build? anyone else got an answer for that?

Stuntfoto

Quote from: Kharak on September 23, 2013, 03:05:08 PM
Sorry my friend, but its kinda hard for me to understand the last part of your reply.

With frame skipping OFF. how many frames do you get until the camera stops recording with FPS Overide at 23,976?

I haven't tried the newest build yet, so maybe there is something in the newest build? anyone else got an answer for that?

Sorry for my English)) Camera don't stop recording, it write 65 -70 mb/s  1 min

Kharak

Quote from: Stuntfoto on September 23, 2013, 03:14:59 PM
Sorry for my English)) Camera don't stop recording, it write 65 -70 mb/s  1 min

I can't really tell on that footage if the camera is skipping frames or not, but there might be another thing causing your RAW footage to go off sync on your Timecode. If you are using After Effects, then it will by default import your DNG sequence in 30 fps.

You need to Right Click your footage in project manager and click Interpret Footage and set the fps to 23,976. Also go in to Preferences >> Import and change 'Sequence Footage' to 23,976 so that After effects will import future sequences in that framerate.

Hope this solves your problem :)

guentergunter

Quote from: Kharak on September 23, 2013, 02:49:46 PM
3. Are you referring to Focus peaking? Cause its available in the last 3-4 builds. Called FPeaking in menu I think and there is Digic peaking which you adjust according to the FPeaking.

Hmm, when I activate DIGIC-Peaking, the image is just pretty much sharper or it is black without any image, but with lines indicating high contrast areas.
But it's comparable at all to 'normal' peaking.

Am I missing something?
5D2 ML RAW + VAF-5D2b: http://vimeo.com/69350650

Stuntfoto

Quote from: Kharak on September 23, 2013, 04:45:33 PM
I can't really tell on that footage if the camera is skipping frames or not, but there might be another thing causing your RAW footage to go off sync on your Timecode. If you are using After Effects, then it will by default import your DNG sequence in 30 fps.

You need to Right Click your footage in project manager and click Interpret Footage and set the fps to 23,976. Also go in to Preferences >> Import and change 'Sequence Footage' to 23,976 so that After effects will import future sequences in that framerate.

Hope this solves your problem :)
....Project settings  23.976 fs in AE ... I am rendering the new test  with build 10.09.13 and set shutter speed 1/100 

Stuntfoto

If convert RAW file to ProRes 444 in raw2dng -  all good! And all frame in timeline)))))))))) but import dng sequence folder has error and drop frame...   YES Interpret footage!!!!!All good!
Thank you ! And sorry my caveman's english!)))))

a.d.

The flashing thing (brightness shift during ISO changed) ... Maybe caused  by the ettr module?  If on, i recommend to switch it off.

I think we could track down the problem:
* The ProRes 444 is correct.
* The export from After Effects is bad.
=> Some After Effects settings is not right.

Kharak

Quote from: Stuntfoto on September 23, 2013, 09:59:51 PM
If convert RAW file to ProRes 444 in raw2dng -  all good! And all frame in timeline)))))))))) but import dng sequence folder has error and drop frame...   YES Interpret footage!!!!!All good!
Thank you ! And sorry my caveman's english!)))))

When I look at your Timecode, in both Prores 444 and After Effects I see it goes out of sync right before the 3 sec mark.

In both cases I see it starts jumping 0.02 frames.

or is it just me?

On your Slate you write 24 fps, do you have FPS overide set to 24 frames per second (Exact). Cause thats not 23,976 fps. and that will put your timecode out of sync eventually.

Doyle4

@a.d.

Possible to add the function to disabe proress in RAW2DNG again please? dragged the app into it and says along the lines, doesn't recognise file type, there times i dont need the proress video and takes up time from converting dngs whilst its making the video file.

Cheers :)