ML Raw Video on 600D - random test

Started by jam1chicago, May 19, 2013, 07:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jam1chicago

Screen shot of adobe raw settings chosen for intial import grading: http://bit.ly/112qkGA

I'm loving this so much right now! I can't wait to get a new build for the 600D including the audio recording to .wav

Does anyone know if the 600D (T3i) and similar using SD memory cards write-buffer is limited to 20 something mbps through software limitations or hardware? Do you think the SD card speed can be improved within the software coding itself, or do you think it's a dead end for anything higher then 20mbps even on our 90+mbps SD cards?

N/A

Sd card limitations are hardware. Bummer, huh?
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

jam1chicago

Quote from: N/A on May 19, 2013, 12:19:00 PM
Sd card limitations are hardware. Bummer, huh?

oh no  :'(   time to save save save save save

gotta get me a MK II or III!

1%

Andy600

The 50d looks to be a winner on paper. 16 raw shots at 6.3fps (raw files are about 20mb 15mpx). Is anyone porting to it ATM? There is one going cheap (200 euros) with a orig Canon battery grip where I live. Worth getting?
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

1%

Andy600

I guess it's worth keeping an eye on. The price is dropping so probably best to wait to see if anyone does take a look at ML for it. Could be a bargain for raw video
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com