6D - Install guide and raw shooting.

Started by noisyboy, May 20, 2013, 04:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

Quote from: 1% on October 10, 2013, 07:27:23 AM
I think it syncs at 25P, would be nice to find the stretch factor exactly.

It's not tied to FPS at all, but it drops frames. There's no stretch factor to be found, just frame dropping to be fixed.

1%

Asif doesn't interact with video recording at all though? When I recorded audio on one camera and video on another with a clapper it synced up.

a1ex

Audio is recorded at the sampling frequncy (48000 or whatever you have set). If there are no dropped frames, it will sync at any FPS.

1%

But I get no dropped pieces of audio... just stretch (same camera video/audio).

a1ex

Is SetSamplingRate working?

Try something like 22050; if it's not working, you'd notice right away. The WAV header says always 48000.

1%

It should, I tried other sampling rates before... quality is awful.

Also should add the stretch seems the same on 600D/7D/6D where set sampling rate all works.

Natalia

You rock! I now have ML running on my 6d. The instalation was easy to follow and I can't wait to do some videos! Thank you very much for this!
Is there any guide you recomend for someone who is starting using magic lantern?

gauravs

Thank you for the post. The steps in post 2 were easy to follow. I had to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 before setting the boot flag.

random

Quote from: Emanuel on October 08, 2013, 03:07:58 AM
1600x670 about 20 seconds / shot with the ExtremePro 85/mbs - and a new tip ;)
Using a hacked Kindle Fire HD with the 6D remote app (as a monitor)
here's one of the latest videos :

You mean you can use it as a monitor while recording?
How does that work?
EOS 6D  -  EOS 650D  -  EF 24-105mm/4 IS L  -  Sigma 50mm/1,4 EX  -  Kenko 1,4x MC4 DGX

1%

I can monitor through USB in video mode and with wifi  in photo mode. I think not much memory/speed loss either way. HDMI is a different story.

pistachio

Thank you for making this guide. I followed this guide and installed ML smoothly. I know ML can be disabled by holding SET button at startup. But if it is enabled as normal, with all the ML default settings untouched, does ML have any effects on the photos taken? Thanks.

egorn

Hello guys! Can you help me? I got ML on my 6D, I press trash button, try to configure ML but after some seconds about 9-15 it drops me to Live View, whatever I did. Sorry for my English :(

karl

Hi guys! Thanks to noisyboy for this tutorial! I really appreciate the help :).
If you're not lying down in bird shit, you're not trying hard enough.

6d — 28mm f/1.8 USM ; 40mm f/2.8 STM ; 50mm f/1.4 USM ; 85mm f/1.8 USM ; Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

EricPadilla

I followed the instructions and installed successfully on my 6D using a San Disk 16GB card. So thanks for that.

Do I really have to repeat the process for each additional card I want to assign?

Nathanael

Hey,

i'm leaving in France & just bought a 6D on simply electronics. I know it's "grey market", DSLR's are imported from Asia to sell in Europe. It was ok for me, my 6D is really good ! But... a question about the firmware ! I was interested by Magic Lantern for the future, so i cheked if the FW was updated to 1.1.3
But the version of my 6D is : 5.7.4 78 (1f)  :o

What does it mean ?! Can i flash the FW (v 1.1.3) downloaded on Canon website ? And after, can i flash Magic Lantern ?

Thanks a lot  :)

fluxo

hy all,
noisyboy any new update of your Agust zip file?
best regards

lbburnsy

So I successfully managed to install the software onto my camera, but once I attempted to shoot I could not record the raw video as it would stop automatically.  The card I'm using is a SanDisk Ultra 32 GB 30 mb/s 10 speed SDHC card.  I have no clue where to go from here...

Aliiphotos

Hey, thanks for the tutorial. It worked out well but not perfectly for me  :-\ . I have a lot of the features of ML like HDR in photos but the HDR video is greyed out and not an option. Could anyone elaborate on how to fix this problem? Thanks so much!

Exile

Quote from: lbburnsy on October 28, 2013, 11:13:47 PM
So I successfully managed to install the software onto my camera, but once I attempted to shoot I could not record the raw video as it would stop automatically.  The card I'm using is a SanDisk Ultra 32 GB 30 mb/s 10 speed SDHC card.  I have no clue where to go from here...

I'm not sure, but I believe you need UHS-1 speed

Exile

Quote from: Aliiphotos on October 29, 2013, 02:15:06 AM
Hey, thanks for the tutorial. It worked out well but not perfectly for me  :-\ . I have a lot of the features of ML like HDR in photos but the HDR video is greyed out and not an option. Could anyone elaborate on how to fix this problem? Thanks so much!

Are you in video mode? do you have selected an ISO value? you cant select it if your in Auto ISO mode.

markyramone62

Hi there,

Another satisfied 6D installer here, thanks for the guide. I took a guess and installed ML on a second in camera formatted SD card starting from Step 11. Hope that was the right thing to do. It worked except now the ML menu appears in a grid format rather than tabs. No big deal, it's all there, just wondering why the difference and is there a layout setting in ML?

Mark.

1%

boogotti84

hey guys just wondering whats the best ML version to put on the 6D at the moment? noiseyboys ML version or Tragic Lantern 6D.
Best as in the most stable and up to date.

As Tragic Lantern 6D build is 14 Oct
https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads

jenkins
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/job/6D.113/93/
is this a nightly build??
thanks!

random

Since the October 2013 update Premiere Pro CC can actually work with Cinema DNG files natively.
Does anyone have an idea why it doesn't accept the DNG's from the ML RAW file?

And does it give improvement using a 95mb/s card instead of a 45mb/s? Because my 45mb card writes maximum 38-40mb/s stabile, would I get to the slot limit with a 95mb card? Or wouldn't it give a real advantage due to the maximum buffer?

At last, how about recording sound, does it work already? (sorry I was away for some time)
EOS 6D  -  EOS 650D  -  EF 24-105mm/4 IS L  -  Sigma 50mm/1,4 EX  -  Kenko 1,4x MC4 DGX

JCaldwell182

Thanks so much for this tutorial! I got ML installed and working on my 6D but I'm having some problems with the RAW feature. I get these horrible scan lines, like a bad TV. They're not moving but they're all over the image. It appears no matter which LV mode I choose and shows up on both the camera monitor, my Marshall on board monitor, and in the final file on my computer. Everything works perfectly except for this. Any one else see this or know if its a setting I need to change.

I'm using the install files from the first page. Are those the most up to date versions?

Here's a link to see the video on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/78364796

Thoughts?