6D - Install guide and raw shooting.

Started by noisyboy, May 20, 2013, 04:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rino wang

thanks for the reply 1%, i'll try to remove it first to see about camera screen problem, if it still there after remove ML, than it's my bad...  :(

it is on camera format or in computer? and how to make that card not bootable?

thanks again...

i'll post some of my raw test after grading it...

Laikesh

Hello there,

I succeed in installing ML an my new 6D. So far so good, but the results are pretty weird.

What s wrong? I used RAW2NG for my MAC (10.8.4).

The live-view shows also these kind of stripes...

Thanks

1%

Yea, there are still problems from FPS override even with the shutters... much less though.

What settings did you use? Need more info.

Laikesh

Why settings? Hum, I`m not shure.

Ok, I use a SDHC EXTREME 32GB (45 bs)

In the menu after the point: RAW_REC.MO there is: MODULE NOT LOADED.

But I shot the RAW-files, as you can see.

80   1.8  ISO 640   with a ZEISS PLANAR 1.4 ZE

WB AUTO
ISO 640
Shutter 1/83.2  108
Aperture 1/7
Picture Style AUTO
Exp.Sim  MOVIE

1%

Did you use zoom or FPS override? 640 iso shouldn't have so much noise/defects... I only have problems at 3200+ and underexposed scenes.

It could also be a problem with conversion... post some original DNGs.

Laikesh

Do you think so? Also the live-view shows that stripes...

Here you can get the original file:

http://ge.tt/1nJVqQq/v/0?c

riivrtwo

Check you don't have HDR Video also enabled. It should be turned off for Raw Video.

1%

Cr2hdr processed it fine. Its a dual iso file.

fluxo

noisyboy and 1% you´re great, big up to all the ML dev. team,
thanks for all the efford, i´ve been reeding all the posts,
i´ve just order my komputerbay 128gb 60MB/s hope i don´t need to exchange it.
cheers to everyone,

fluxo

there is a new nightly built for the 6d, did anyone have try it?

http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

best

1%

So I just found out.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/eos-movrec/

now works with 6D and the speed is 30 or 24fps that I tested so far, none of that 20fps stuff like 600D.

fluxo

my komputerbay 128gb 60mb/s arrived tonight and have been doing some tests,
everything worked like a charm,
thanks a lots to this creative ML team for all the efford.
canon should really give u guys a percent of all the dslr sales :)

random

Quote from: 1% on September 03, 2013, 06:38:33 PM
So I just found out.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/eos-movrec/

now works with 6D and the speed is 30 or 24fps that I tested so far, none of that 20fps stuff like 600D.

can we record RAW 1080p with that programm to skip the limited SD-card slot??

(edit) the cr2hdr.exe doesn't work with my dualISO-cr2 file. what am I doing wrong? just drag n drop or not?
EOS 6D  -  EOS 650D  -  EF 24-105mm/4 IS L  -  Sigma 50mm/1,4 EX  -  Kenko 1,4x MC4 DGX

fluxo

hello every1,

want to share my experience with raw...

i´ve installed the lastest ML RAW update for 6D posted by noisyboy on my komputerbay 128gb 60mb/s, everything worked fine, but i notice the 6d body was so hot after a video shot, even when the sd card it was so dam hot.
is this normal? do you experience this heat issue?

i used ETTR, dual ISO, and RAW video.

cheers,

noisyboy

Quote from: fluxo on September 06, 2013, 05:54:03 PM
hello every1,

want to share my experience with raw...

i´ve installed the lastest ML RAW update for 6D posted by noisyboy on my komputerbay 128gb 60mb/s, everything worked fine, but i notice the 6d body was so hot after a video shot, even when the sd card it was so dam hot.
is this normal? do you experience this heat issue?

i used ETTR, dual ISO, and RAW video.

cheers,

Hey man! A1ex did point out that Dual ISO might cause heating issues but as of now *touches wood* I don't think anyone has had any "real" issues. I do notice my camera getting a bit warm every now and then though. Try playing for a while with just normal raw shooting and see what it's like and then compare with Dual ISO for the same amount of time and let us know how you get on :) Cheers  8)

elschreurs

Noisyboy, thanks for the install guide and all your work. Same goes to others on here. ;D

I have ML installed on my 6D on a Sony 40mbps card but I want to get it on a 60mbps card, do I need to go through the whole install process to get it on a new card?

Also a "maybe" off topic, once RAW is recorded you can use the ML RAW converter or another into DNG's what is the best NLE to actually edit this footage? I have Premiere CC, doesn't work. Tried FCP X and it's not recognizing anything and tried DaVinci Resolve Lite and nothing, all on a Mac - what is the best workflow to test out this footage?  :-\

asombrir

@elschreurs

With Premiere you need to use After effects first to open your DNG files (after using the converter). You can color grade there and get each clip ready. Save once graded as an AE file. Then you can open in Premiere to insert and edit as you please. It all renders out of Premiere. I had to watch a tutorial to learn how to do it at first, but its actually very simple. A little work, but its very decent for using raw footage.

drmental

I've lost all my aids (Zebras, Focus Peak, etc).  They worked fine just a couple of days ago and I haven't made any adjustments.  Have reformatted the SD card and copied the files but still no aids.  Any ideas?

1%

drmental

I have global draw ON, all modes. RAW Video ON 1280x720.  Used to work in all liveview even in the image review after taking still photos.  Now nothing even in raw mode.

drmental

Figured it out, had to press the INFO button outside of ML menu, I guess I had the Canon overlay on.  Thanks for this software 1%.

fluxo

Quote from: noisyboy on September 08, 2013, 05:09:08 PM
Hey man! A1ex did point out that Dual ISO might cause heating issues but as of now *touches wood* I don't think anyone has had any "real" issues. I do notice my camera getting a bit warm every now and then though. Try playing for a while with just normal raw shooting and see what it's like and then compare with Dual ISO for the same amount of time and let us know how you get on :) Cheers  8)

thanks for the reply noisyboy, it´s really a bit warm after a few shots in dual iso.
but i notice another  problem... i put ML in all of my 3 sd cards, then i start taking some photo shots and everything worked fine, had a litle break, but then, when  i turned the 6D ON it gave me a semi brick (6D wont turn ON, no signal at all), had to remove the sd card and then the battery in order to the camera turned on, otherwise it wont turn on, evertime i insert any of the 3 ML sd cards it gave me a semi brick again. had to format the card in the laptop in order to worked again.
don´t know what was the problem, but it´s a little strange that all of the 3 sd cards gave me that semi brick.
any sugestion?
best regards to all

1%

It does that to me too. I found its from the physical card slot. Sometimes it booted and said "card write protected". Other times it just works.

I re-insert the card a few times and pull/replace the battery. It helped to actually flip the write protect switch on and then off. Dunno if your problem is the same but it sounds like it and if you swap between 3 cards....

fluxo

Quote from: 1% on September 09, 2013, 02:18:55 PM
It does that to me too. I found its from the physical card slot. Sometimes it booted and said "card write protected". Other times it just works.

I re-insert the card a few times and pull/replace the battery. It helped to actually flip the write protect switch on and then off. Dunno if your problem is the same but it sounds like it and if you swap between 3 cards....

hy 1%, i think is not the same problem, because that never appears the info "card write protected", and is not a 6D problem, my freind as a 60D with the unified ML stable release and the same thing happen.

1%

Hmm... well they use different boot methods. It doesn't always show card write protect, what it does do is not turn on until I put the card in right. Needs a battery pull between tries.