6D - Install guide and raw shooting.

Started by noisyboy, May 20, 2013, 04:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

széna

Quote from: RTI on August 20, 2013, 09:47:25 AM
Hi,
you might want to take a look at this chart - http://blog.planet5d.com/wp-content/uploads/Twitter-_-autoexec_bin_-Updated-raw-chart-still-need-....jpg

You need a card that is able to write data @45Mb (a Sandisk extreme is recommended) - 1592*896 is reported to be continuous  @24p

THX!

széna

Ohh GOD!
I was took photos about full moon on the top of a huge building last night. This morning I put SD card to reader and doesn't works... I tried in osx, win, and 6D too. nothing...
:(

1%

6D hasn't broken any cards on me... but 600D has broken 2.

Card goes in, things seem fine.. a few writes + reboot later, unable to read card.

Sector 0 is toast and card no longer reads in anything except @ low level (i.e recovery software). No way to format it because as soon as you remove the card the sector goes back to being corrupted.

széna

Quote from: 1% on August 20, 2013, 02:39:55 PM
6D hasn't broken any cards on me... but 600D has broken 2.

Card goes in, things seem fine.. a few writes + reboot later, unable to read card.

Sector 0 is toast and card no longer reads in anything except @ low level (i.e recovery software). No way to format it because as soon as you remove the card the sector goes back to being corrupted.

oops... does it means I can throw away my card? :(

1%

Recover your shoot and send it to the company. I have to do that with the 2nd card. First one came back a while ago.

pio_hyun

This is my newest test Raw video. Hope you enjoy it.

dp_ice

Anyone else have success achieving 2.5K RAW with crop mode? I'm currently able to record 2624x928 for about 3 seconds. It's not much but hell, it's something. I'm wondering if I can record at that resolution in a better aspect ratio 16x9 or at least 2.35.

1%

Our height in zoom mode is less than on 5D3... so it ends up like 2.5Kx900 or about where you have it.

arturopizza

Dear Noisyboy, thanks for your preciuos guide for install the GREAT ML on the 6D !! I'd done everythings with great attention.. It works !!! But I've a little bug... When I push the trash botton, ML menu appears but after 4/5 sec goes out !!!...Any idea ??? TIA... LONG LIFE TO ML TEAM !!!!

twidow

I have a new 6D, but the 6D N version (without GPS and wireless). Do you know if this version of ML run on this 6D N version? I had a 60D before, and I'm missing the ML a lot.
Thank you Noisyboy for this fantastic work, and of course thank you for all the ML team.

Excuse me about my bad English, but I'm a spanish speaker from Argentina.

noisyboy

Quote from: arturopizza on August 23, 2013, 05:10:54 PM
Dear Noisyboy, thanks for your preciuos guide for install the GREAT ML on the 6D !! I'd done everythings with great attention.. It works !!! But I've a little bug... When I push the trash botton, ML menu appears but after 4/5 sec goes out !!!...Any idea ??? TIA... LONG LIFE TO ML TEAM !!!!

No probs man!

Yeah the menu disappearing is just the way it is for now I'm afraid. You'll get used to it :) I find myself keeping the cursor moving to keep the menu open without even thinking about it now :P

noisyboy

Quote from: twidow on August 24, 2013, 03:42:42 AM
I have a new 6D, but the 6D N version (without GPS and wireless). Do you know if this version of ML run on this 6D N version? I had a 60D before, and I'm missing the ML a lot.
Thank you Noisyboy for this fantastic work, and of course thank you for all the ML team.

Excuse me about my bad English, but I'm a spanish speaker from Argentina.

Hey man :) I only wrote the guide dude so I can't take credit for the hack or port, that's the Dev's (big-up 1% especially for the 6D). You should be fine with any model 6D as far as I know. I have the version with no GPS (just wireless) and works fine :)

noisyboy

Hey 6D users  8)

I've  Updated the zip in the guide on the first page of this thread to contain latest module and Autoexec. This is probably the most complete version to date and has Dual ISO, Auto ETTR and Auto Exposure] etc.

Sorry it's not been updated for a while, there have been so many developments that have happened so fast it seemed worth while to just let everything come together a bit before encouraging inexperienced users to try it for themselves.

If you ever want to update to the latest version and don't want to wait around for me to update this thread then just get the latest [6D] zip from the top of 1%'s Bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads

Again - there is no "official/stable" release of ML for the 6D. This is still pre-alpha.

Have fun :)

1%

I'd call it a beta actually. Alpha would be nothing works, we just got the camera.

Anyone try the installer I posted? Maybe you don't have to do the firmware switcharoo anymore.

dp_ice

Initial 2.5K test with the 6D. Watch in Original quality!

noisyboy

Quote from: 1% on August 24, 2013, 06:34:16 PM
I'd call it a beta actually. Alpha would be nothing works, we just got the camera.

Anyone try the installer I posted? Maybe you don't have to do the firmware switcharoo anymore.

There you have it then people :) Unofficialy officially beta ;)

Didn't know there was a proper installer, that's pretty cool news though!

noisyboy

Quote from: dp_ice on August 24, 2013, 08:17:13 PM
Initial 2.5K test with the 6D. Watch in Original quality!

Holy crap dude that's great!

How were you set up in camera for this?

Cheers  8)

dp_ice

Quote from: noisyboy on August 25, 2013, 02:02:23 AM
Holy crap dude that's great!

How were you set up in camera for this?

Cheers  8)

I pretty much just translated the crop mode 3K shooting done on the 5D3 to my 6D.
Due to the 6D's limited write speed, I could only get off 69 frames.
Also, the only aspect ratio I could get to work was like 2.7 or something.
It's also really hard to see exactly what is in your frame when shooting.

dwyereywd

My 6D is already running firmware 1.1.3, in order to install do I need to somehow revert to 1.1.2 to follow the installation tutorial? or can I follow the instructions using the 1.1.3?

dp_ice

If you read the first post of this topic, you'll find your answer.

1%

I put up an installer but nobody has tested it.

Yakoda

Sorry 1% but I can't find your installer. It's not on bitbucked, isn't it? Also I'm using a Mac. Does it run on a Mac?
Oh and thanks for all the work you're putting into this :)

1%

Its in this thread untested:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7761.0

It needs cards 32gb and less. Name needs to be similar to actual 6D firmware, I think its close enough but I didn't try. EOSM just like this worked.

rino wang

Hi all, i'm new in this forum but i have tried shooting RAW on my 6D for some oportunity and it's work well...
i'm using Sandisk 32 GB 45 MB/s

thanks to all developer and to noisyboy for the installer guide...

i found some issues when using magic lantern on my 6D :

1. camera live view getting darker (i can't see my photos and videos even in playback mode)
2. some error when long take shooting but after shut down and power on again, that error gone
3. i think there's one time when i saw some fog in camera screen and it's still there when i turn off the camera

i think the 1st issue become my reason to remove magic lantern and waiting for the stabile released, can someone tell me how to remove it?

i've been using ML on my 550D too for some time, when i want to remove, just format the card... it's the same way to do with 6D?

sorry for my bad english guys and thanks before...
i want to donate for your work guys, a little penny but i'm hoping it can help....    :)

1%

Quote1. camera live view getting darker (i can't see my photos and videos even in playback mode)

ML doesn't mess with display brightness. There is a setting for this in canon FW, maybe it got turned down or your LCD is defective.

To remove it you can just format the card and make sure its not bootable.. but I think your problems is from something else and you might be disappointed.