CharlieA56

When I load the modules it shows:

lv_rec -> OldAPI
               Wrong version (v1.1, expected v2.0)

Where can I find the v2.0 ?

Thanx !
Canon 6D, Canon 60D, Canon T2i & Canon T1i

ilguercio

See the previous link and make sure you put the folder in ML.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

CharlieA56

Quote from: ilguercio on July 12, 2013, 07:43:47 AM
See the previous link and make sure you put the folder in ML.

That link (by 1%) doesn't contain the lv_rec module  ???

William Dio

Well, installing ML was surprisingly easy. I shot something last night but since my SD card can't seem to go higher then 16 Mb/s I had to go to pretty low res in order to shoot more then a few seconds. I'll try again tonight with a card that claims 30 Mb/s while I wait for my SanDisk Extreme and I'll try to share it with you guys.

A lot of things I've read in the forum and didn't quite get are starting to make sense now. I like the way things are working for the moment, I just need to find out if the workflow can be streamlined to make it faster.

Thanks again for everything.
He who controls information controls the universe.

danistuta

Is it simple to install ML on 6d? What do functions work?
Thanks.

1%

Sandisk 30MB/s is more like 16MB/s, they advertise burst read/write speeds :(

I haven't built a new LV_rec in a while, didn't know anyone wanted it.

templar0707

Thanks for all the work on this!  I've installed ML with the guide.  When I'm recording normally (not raw) it will randomly shut off and restart and give me an error that it is not recording.  Is there something I need to make sure I turn off if I'm not doing work with the raw files?

litespeed

Hey Noisy Boy
thanks for your guide. followed it and Got mine up and running on my 6D.

STELYA

Well I finally got to squeeze my buttocks tight enough today and installed ML on my 6D :) (just didnt want to hurt my baby ) Didnt get it to work first time showing me ff8r.lut not loaded and skipping modules errors and then second time I did it the same way everything is okay :D

without the ML on the card everything works as stock Canon 6D ...like before on 550D ? And I can revert bootflag if I wanted?

Cheers guys , said great work so may times so dont want to repeat myself :)

Also , I cant move focus point around with arrow wheel when in Magic Zoom like before...just skip between AF points ?

Thankya

1%

QuoteWhen I'm recording normally (not raw) it will randomly shut off and restart and give me an error that it is not recording

If it does this you've misconfigured H264. I.e you set target rate only or didn't copy the configs.

Also , I cant move focus point around with arrow wheel when in Magic Zoom like before...just skip between AF points ?

Check focus box settings.

ilguercio

Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.

CharlieA56

Question: Why on my 6D the focus peak function doesn't work when RAW video is being recorded ?... the rest of the time it works.
                 On my 60D the focus peak function keeps working when you're recording RAW video.

Thanx for any clarification !  :)

Escaperoute

Hi,

I'm so impressed with Dual ISO raw recording from 5d Mark III, is there a chance to bring that to 6D, i would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance for all the amazing work you all are doing, and i expect a really good dedication from all the DEV toward 6D and EOS-M coz both are cheap enough for people like me.

1%

I'm working porting it. Need to find what bits are flag bits and what bits are ISO, etc.

rpmcam

finally on vacations, time to test, here`s a comparison between proxys from RAWanizer, original h264 and dng sequences to avid DNxHD, works for me to learn to do the hack and to play a litlle with the workflow. also is insteresting to see the same framing and the changes between the native and the 1536x656. i hope to do more of this!!!

Canon 6D, EF 24-105 f4L

that1guyy

What's the max resolution the 60D can do? The chart shows that it is approx. 1750 x 1050 (I don't remember the exact numbers) for about 150 frames. Is that correct? So I can assume that scaling to 1080p is very easy? Is it possible to get continuous recording at that resolution? I'm curious because I'll either purchase a 6D or a 70D which has the same SD controller as the 6D and the Raw capability on both should be exactly the same.

ilguercio

If you're not afraid of spending a bit more money on it i would recommend the 6D.
High iso is better than the 5DIII and pretty much on par with the 1DX.
Also, you get a FF sensor (actually, just a hair smaller) .
I am still shooting with one of those 30MB/s cards which actually gives you 24.4 MB/s top writing speed so it's not blazing fast as the 6D would require.
On a different note, while shooting RAW i noticed that 12800 iso is a bit too noisy when imported in Lightroom 4.4 and i don't know if it's because the line skipping or what.
Did anybody notice the same?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

b0fh

no updates in 1% bitbucket for a while, the 6d port went alpha?

random

Quote from: that1guyy on July 23, 2013, 02:42:25 AM
What's the max resolution the 60D can do? The chart shows that it is approx. 1750 x 1050 (I don't remember the exact numbers) for about 150 frames. Is that correct? So I can assume that scaling to 1080p is very easy? Is it possible to get continuous recording at that resolution? I'm curious because I'll either purchase a 6D or a 70D which has the same SD controller as the 6D and the Raw capability on both should be exactly the same.

6D, definetely

1536x656 continues RAW shooting, upscaling no problem, high ISO (astonishing), full-frame, the awesome middle cross-type AF sensor, WLAN etc.
EOS 6D  -  EOS 650D  -  EF 24-105mm/4 IS L  -  Sigma 50mm/1,4 EX  -  Kenko 1,4x MC4 DGX

TOR13

Hi!
Has anyone encountered this problem: put on ML 6D c firmware 1.1.3. All is good, but when you turn 6D no  sound recording. Sound recording and display level only appears after , I'll go to the File Browser and go out of it.
Maybe someone faced with such?
Moreover, installed at two different chambers (6D) - this is both. Do not want to go back to 1.1.2.

1%

Thats weird, maybe you changed flush rate or gop and its disabling it? The meter only turns on when sound recording is on.

TOR13

Quote from: 1% on August 01, 2013, 08:38:24 PM
Thats weird, maybe you changed flush rate or gop and its disabling it? The meter only turns on when sound recording is on.
no. the default settings.

jbeen1313

Thinking of installing on my 6D. I understand this is a development version but is the latest version stable for photos mode - I won't be taking Raw video.

1%

Its fine with pics + video.  Has been for a while.

Is sound recording on in the canon menu? I haven't seen this problem before. Only lose levels at rest if recording wav after playing back a wav.

jbeen1313

Thanks 1% , been a lurker here for a long time. Really impressed with all your work and passion :) Thanks !!
I did have ML 2.3 installed on my 600d , but have not put it on my 6D yet.....