[UNMAINTAINED] Canon 100D / SL1

Started by chilimac02, May 20, 2013, 03:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungPup

I will for sure keep an eye out. Thanks :)

mrkva

This would be so awesome!
I would also contribute via paypal to devs for this!

sl1Hope

I have a brand new set of JBL Synchros 700 headphones for the guy that completes the SL1 port. I'll also contribute $100 to the general cause. The SL1 is a great adventure travel camera but it needs ML.

spiegelogen

Man.. I would love to help to see it work for the 100D. I'm doing my final exam in about 3 weeks, so I think I'll have time to do something then. I've been following this thread for a year now (as long as I have owned the 100D), and I'm really happy to see people are still working on it!

Lemur

I'd throw in $100 directed at this effort if there's a way to specify it goes to someone working on this specific model.

parakalien

This may sound like a silly question, but the 700D (T5i) is the exact same chip, sensor, etc... just stuck in a different body.

Does the ML for the 700D work with the 100D?

dmilligan

Silverleapers

Willing to test and donate a few bucks. Any updates from Developers?
650D/KissX6/T4i (japanese version), 100D/SL1 (Canadian version), many canon and some sigma lenses.

Stedda

There is no Developer for this model... it's waiting on one of you with the camera. You're the Dev...
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

sl1Hope

I don't have anywhere near the skill to do this. With just the guys in this thread a dev could buy an eBay SL-1 and get to keep it. That's what I am hoping for.

nikfreak

we got one problem with 100D. It has two different revisions of the same firmware version. Take a look into the 70D thread for more infos about that. I may help out with porting once I am done with 70D but I have no clue when this will be. So no promises for now....
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Empyrean

Nikfreak, I just wanted to join the discussion specifically to say thank you -- that's the most hope we've received yet on here. I've been quite torn between the SL1 and the EOS M and it I would've had an SL1 in my hand already if ML were available for it.

The community is truly lucky to have people like you on here to develop what we incapable folks are unable to do.

triptano

hello.
I found this application through a friend, but could not figure out for my model . There is already some solution to the canon 100D ??
Thank U

neveripe

Thanks for nikfreak for at least some hope for all of us, unlucky owners of 100D (well, my wife actually owns it) :)

I'd suggest setting up some kind of donation account so we could say "thanks" in more material way and "encourage" developers to finish the port :)

As for two different 1.00's - not sure if you've seen message about it differs in ICU Firmware: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5529.msg136362#msg136362

sl1Hope

Still offering these excellent headphones to the Dev that cracks the SL1. Brand new and still in the box!

count

Hi,

sorry for dropping the ball on this one in the past ...

The main problem isn't that there are two different firmware versions (the differences are small enough), but rather the fact that they changed the task structures and the scheduler quite a bit. I kinda gave up when debugging turned unreasonably painful because of the inability to debug that easily using the qemu port. That situation might have improved noticeably.

I'm not sure I'll find time to hack away at this anytime soon, but the differing firmware are less of an issue than the necessity of a lot of try & error to find out how scheduling works now; and what structures need to be access / piggy-backed to make ML work as expected.

count
100D.100B

sl1Hope

Count -- Should we just accept that this is not going to happen for the SL1? If the SL1 has common elements of newer Canon models, does that mean ML development in general will be stymied moving forward? I'm just trying to understand which camera would be best to use with ML moving forward. As much as I like the SL1, without the added features it is not useful to me. I also think the work you describe is too much -- I don't have much expectation that it will be taken on at this point.

Sensei_Fritz

Is there really no hope for the 100D? :'(

owowowo

I have asked the power from 700d thread
but no one reply me..
I think all the skillful magic-lanterner not interested on 100d
The thing is 100d is a nice and small dslr!

massa

And thats one of the reasons why i want to film with the 100D. For outdoor / light packing its perfect!

Oh damn. I realy hope, that somebody work on it. I wish I could hope, but the thing what I did is to donate...

owowowo

the main problem is no magiclanterner willing to port on 100d
even we donate money..
the only hope is we all start learn to port it

i hope the official ml has a youtube channel only for teaching people how to do a new port!

nikfreak

Quote from: owowowo on April 11, 2015, 12:11:30 AM
the main problem is no magiclanterner willing to port on 100d
even we donate money..

No main problem is that there are at least two different firmware revisions available which would need to be supported. You might want to check the 70D porting thread reagrding this, too.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

zemansky

Hi guys

I don't know if there's interest in this camera anymore. I recently bought one and I think ML would be the perfect for it.

I believe I have the skills for this. I know C, ASM and I'm three exams away from my electronics engineer degree.

The only problem (I think) is that I've never used ML in my life.

Anyway, I'm going to start with this on my free time

Will update soon. If you have any recommendation please share.

Thanks!

gengurke

Yea finally some hope ;). Good Luck with your exams!!

[email protected]

I got new 100D yesterday in South Africa. i managed to dump firmware and results are
%s ICU Firmware Version %s ( %s )
2013.05.24 11:10:53
ICU Release DateTime %s
Canon 100D.100A since 27/4/2015