Shout out to all Canon 50D users for help!

Started by viphoto7, May 20, 2013, 01:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viphoto7

I realize this camera was not intended for video, but I have seen some impressive test videos by other 50D users.  I am not having much success.  Installation was easy, and I am able to record,but playback on computer is choppy.  I would like to know:

1.  Settings used

2.  If anyone has resolved the battery issues.  I have seen advise about disabling video when not in use.  I already wait 5 seconds before removing flash card.  My live view indicator light keeps flashing blue.

3.  Any other tips.

I am getting frustrated an thinking about un installing ML

Any help is greatly appreciated!

nyce_images

Iam having the same problem as well. Videos laggy in quicktime and vegas pro and premier pro. Only plays smooth on dvix or vlc.

viphoto7

sorry to hear, I am very close to calling it quits, so sad we have not found out more:'(  I will try the other players you mentioned.  Thanks

trsaunders

Have you tried using something like ffmpeg to create an image sequence from a video, and then scrolling through the images to see if the motion is smooth? it could just be your computer struggling to keep up
50D, 5D3

Xefan

try K-Lite Codec Pack and Media Player Classic, it works great for me...

Ivycreek

I haven't really had any issues, I record at 30FPS 1920x1080

I use premiere import the clip(s) and set the sequence from the imported clip.

When exporting out of Premiere make sure output and input settings are the same. 

So far it seems to have worked....of course my videos also aren't anything to write home about either.