Started by mvejerslev, May 19, 2013, 08:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vine73

Maybe just remove the "s" of "https".

mvejerslev

5D Mark II, PC

tihon

Quote from: mvejerslev on May 19, 2013, 08:13:30 PM

Super sharp and clean, i like it. (did you increase the sharpness?)

Do you think that moire -is the main thin which makes the raw video not useable? Or the moir is not so crazy as we all think. Today i only think about mark 3 because of less moire... But in your video it seems to be good  enough.

Mark2  videos looks much sharper than mark3, that is good for me.
Cinema, cinema, cinema

mvejerslev

Thanks! I developed the frames in Camera Raw, and sharpening is part of the usual routine. I also added a 'sharpen for screen' to the output settings. The sharpening enhances the aliasing too, ofcourse, but in my not-so-interesting first part of the clip you can clearly see how bad it is. Also see the leaning flower in the ISO tests.

'Not usable' I think is very individual. I publish for the internet, and the moiré was there already on h.264 from the Mark II, so its no sudden surprise. Compare it to the Mark III, and then its suddenly 'not usable'.. you can fix some (color) moire in Camera Raw, the aliasing seems there to stay, unless you shoot in crop mode.

I think right now the biggest hurdles for the Mark II is the 4gb limit and the resolution limits. Sound you can do externally.
5D Mark II, PC

tihon

Quote from: mvejerslev on May 21, 2013, 07:14:11 PM
Thanks! I developed the frames in Camera Raw, and sharpening is part of the usual routine. I also added a 'sharpen for screen' to the output settings. The sharpening enhances the aliasing too, ofcourse, but in my not-so-interesting first part of the clip you can clearly see how bad it is. Also see the leaning flower in the ISO tests.

'Not usable' I think is very individual. I publish for the internet, and the moiré was there already on h.264 from the Mark II, so its no sudden surprise. Compare it to the Mark III, and then its suddenly 'not usable'.. you can fix some (color) moire in Camera Raw, the aliasing seems there to stay, unless you shoot in crop mode.

I think right now the biggest hurdles for the Mark II is the 4gb limit and the resolution limits. Sound you can do externally.

Wotched yours video agan! 2:04 seconds - is so photo like, really great quality!  This test makes me want to mark2:, it`s cheaper and so crisp. If the aliassing and moire at the first part of this video is the worst wat we can see,  i wouldn`t mind. (mabe i have to see more tests).

How long can you recording with 1880x840? (for me it`s really god, just a little upscale and crop to:1920x800)  Until the 4G limit will be reached? I thought that the restriction was lifted) P.S.: What was the export settings to vimeo, please?

Thanks again for the video.
Cinema, cinema, cinema

mvejerslev

>How long can you recording with 1880x840

Not long I'm afraid. I use a Sandisk Extreme 60MB/s card untill I figure out which ultra fast card to get. It will run that res on a faster card though (thats why I included that bit).

I'd be very interested to hear from others using Sandisk Extreme 90MB/s cards on 5D II - what res can you do? Sandisk is the most widely available vendor in Europe, AFAIK. The 32GB card is not crazy expensive either.
5D Mark II, PC

mvejerslev

Updated with a 'HDR' test - I made two versions of my files with 2.5 stops of difference, and batched them through Photomatix' 'Fusion-Natural' mode. - Very fast!
5D Mark II, PC

tihon

Quote from: mvejerslev on May 22, 2013, 08:23:29 AM
Updated with a 'HDR' test - I made two versions of my files with 2.5 stops of difference, and batched them through Photomatix' 'Fusion-Natural' mode. - Very fast!

Thanks!  Пreat test, again!
Cinema, cinema, cinema

No Def

Quote from: mvejerslev on May 21, 2013, 10:56:30 PM
>How long can you recording with 1880x840

Not long I'm afraid. I use a Sandisk Extreme 60MB/s card untill I figure out which ultra fast card to get. It will run that res on a faster card though (thats why I included that bit).

I'd be very interested to hear from others using Sandisk Extreme 90MB/s cards on 5D II - what res can you do? Sandisk is the most widely available vendor in Europe, AFAIK. The 32GB card is not crazy expensive either.

I'm also curious to hear reports on 90mbs Extreme Pro cards.

mvejerslev

I ordered a 32gb 90MB/s card. Should be here tomorrow.
5D Mark II, PC

mvejerslev

Got it. Works as expected. Shooting 1840x800 untill the 4GB limit and above. Recommended as a 'budget' solution for the Mark II: Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB 90MB/s. I celebrated by updating the video in the O.P. :-)
5D Mark II, PC