raw2dng.app 0.13 Osx GUI development, bugs and updates

Started by scrax, May 19, 2013, 03:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle4

Just an Update to say all working great still :)

As for batch converting dng's to Proress, import the first DNG into after effects, select the first image, choose image sequence and force alphabetical order. Drag the batch file to ur time and export as appleproress4444 :) dont forget to change ur comp settings to ur frame rate if you havent already, (comp settings> change frame rate>ok)

Cheers,
Doyle

sebble

Hey,

great work so far!

Is there a way to get files larger >4GB working?
raw2dng always comes up with:

[image2pipe @ 0x102019600] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: ppm): unspecified size
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
[image2pipe @ 0x102019600] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
pipe:0: could not find codec parameters
Done

What do you think?

squig

No problem with 4Gb+ files here. Is your card exFat formatted?

Felix

Is there a way to stop the program from making prores files?
Great program!
5D Mark iii

scrax

Quote from: Felix on June 19, 2013, 11:04:06 AM
Is there a way to stop the program from making prores files?
Great program!
0.13 will have has an option to toggle it.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

scrax

To open the options dialogs you have to double click  raw2dng.app and then drop the app inside it's windows like if it was a raw file, the app will recognize it and open the options instead of trying to convert it ;)
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

AnotherDave

Is it possible to have this JUST convert to ProRes?  Any chance we could select options for the ProRes output?  It'd be great to get a ProRes 422 HQ option.

bashi

Quote from: AnotherDave on June 19, 2013, 03:40:23 PM
Is it possible to have this JUST convert to ProRes?  Any chance we could select options for the ProRes output?  It'd be great to get a ProRes 422 HQ option.

Just convert to prores - i've tried this several ways with no luck. looks like the raw2dng is not able to be piped in a way we can use the output without it being written to disk... will do some more testing, cause this feature would be great!

EDIT: more options will come, most likely 422/4444, quality (Proxy, LQ, STD, HQ).

bashi

@all and scrax
It looks like the White Balance Automatic does apply on every image separately... This means it can change during the shot - not good.

@scrax: we might need to find a way do get the rgb multiplier from the first image (or any), by -v verbose and read/save the shell output value and set it as variable it then uses for all further conversion.

@all again
further the White Balance Presets (multipliers) are taken from 5D III. Not sure how much difference there is to other camera models.

I'm as well not entirely sure those WB Presets are really correct - so please test them and report back here.

Felix

Quote from: scrax on June 19, 2013, 03:21:27 PM
To open the options dialogs you have to double click  raw2dng.app and then drop the app inside it's windows like if it was a raw file, the app will recognize it and open the options instead of trying to convert it ;)

You're the man!
5D Mark iii

Nickbibs

Danne

Haha, I like it :)

cinema5D

Hm, nice idea, but the ProRes files I get are quite unusable. Correctly exposed RAW files turn into 3 stops underexposed .mov's that don't seem to have the color information needed to get them back up, results in extreme overall noise.

Also I'm not sure the automatic WB is needed since it should have been set correctly in camera, right? Only Green/Magenta Shift should be set to 0.

Thanks

AnotherDave

Quote from: cinema5D on June 19, 2013, 07:22:46 PM
Hm, nice idea, but the ProRes files I get are quite unusable. Correctly exposed RAW files turn into 3 stops underexposed .mov's that don't seem to have the color information needed to get them back up, results in extreme overall noise.

Also I'm not sure the automatic WB is needed since it should have been set correctly in camera, right? Only Green/Magenta Shift should be set to 0.

Thanks

In most conditions, try overexposing your RAW shooting by 1 EV (compensate in the image fine-tuning for display)  you'll get a nice surprise with a higher signal to noise ratio.  *Just make sure you're not blowing out your highlights.

This feature would be great for use as a proxy to start editing, but ProRes 4444 is a bit much for a proxy...

bashi

Quote from: cinema5D on June 19, 2013, 07:22:46 PM

Thanks

i think the camera wb doesn't get saved - at least the dng don't have it saved in them...

simulacro

very happy with the prores files, this allows me to see much faster which shots are ok. Thank You!!

Danne

VEry nice! I think it,s the gamma curve who gives a pretty hard contrast. It,s pretty simple to get it back in post as it,s ton of information in the ProRes444. An added alternative creating proxies could be nice for fast viewing and editing.
Thanks for all the develompment. Really good stuff

cinema5D

Quote from: Danne on June 19, 2013, 11:31:43 PM
VEry nice! I think it,s the gamma curve who gives a pretty hard contrast. It,s pretty simple to get it back in post as it,s ton of information in the ProRes444. An added alternative creating proxies could be nice for fast viewing and editing.
Thanks for all the develompment. Really good stuff

As I mentioned the information can't be gotten back. 3 stops underexposed is a pretty intense loss of quality. This seems like an error of the software.

Danne

I havn,t experienced any 3 stop underexposure though. Still, havn,t tried it extensevily. I,ll do some testing later today.

jc

App seems great, tho could the combining of the first .RAW with the subsequent .R00, .R01, .R02 be done automatically for all us 5Dmk2 users ? if so that would be super great ! J

aptass

Quote from: Nickbibs on June 19, 2013, 05:31:25 PM
No beans. Don't see the option to toggle.

If it doesn't work check so your directory names doesn't contain any spaces.
You should see the full path when clicking details and Error 125 if that is the case

budafilms

Quote from: bashi on June 18, 2013, 11:16:01 AM
just drag 'n drop all files on it, or folder containing them.

currently it's 422 HQ, but 4444 is possible and will be enabled.

0.13 Works great, much better resolution and WB!!! DNG open in ACR is terrible the WB, maybe something more real for not loose tu much time and information trying to get correct WB wil be perfect.

frenchps49

Hi, Used 0.13. Computer says it can't open the prores sequence. It's not a video.
The end of the verbose inside the app:

"frame=  409 fps=1.7 q=0.0 size=  385499kB time=00:00:17.05 bitrate=185125.8kbits/s   
/Applications/raw2dng0.13.app/Contents/Resources/script: line 40:  2216 Done                    "$DCRAW" -c -H 0 -6 -W -q 3 "$Wtemp" *.dng
      2217 Segmentation fault: 11  | "$FFMPEG" -f image2pipe -vcodec ppm -r "$FPS" -i pipe:0 -vcodec prores_kostya -profile:v 3 -vendor ap10 -pix_fmt yuv444p10 -y -r "$FPS" "$FLDR$FILE_NAME".mov
Done"

If that can help you.

Indianac

Not sure if I was using an older raw2dng osx, but I grabbed it from the MKii thread. I was getting a green dot in the mov previews that raw2dng made. It was pretty annoying. I figured out that the actual dng files didn't have the green dot so if I followed the normal workflow (raw2dng->PS->QT7) then everything is fine.  Is this a known issue or do I have the wrong version? The one I have says raw2dng converter GUI for 5D2 // Beta 1.0  Thanks

jc

Quote from: jc on June 20, 2013, 09:17:14 PM
App seems great, tho could the combining of the first .RAW with the subsequent .R00, .R01, .R02 be done automatically for all us 5Dmk2 users ? if so that would be super great ! J
so yeah any thoughts on auto joining the 5d2 4GB files?
Thanks. James