raw2dng.app 0.13 Osx GUI development, bugs and updates

Started by scrax, May 19, 2013, 03:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sicetime

Scrax, your work is incredible, I have been using raw2dng.app since it's first beta, and the progress is truly amazing (also thank you to captain hook and the others who helped with dev).

Chmee is currently working on a cinemadng converter and is getting some workable cdngs imported to resolve on a pc.

Scrax, any plans to port this to mac?

Here's the link for the thread http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5618.25

As always, thank you all for your hard work.

AnotherDave

It's kinda sad that the PC side seems to be advancing so much more quickly than the Mac :-/.... guess it's just the world we live in these days.

#wishiknewhowdowhatyouguysdo

scrax

Quote from: sicetime on June 03, 2013, 04:12:25 PM
Scrax, your work is incredible, I have been using raw2dng.app since it's first beta, and the progress is truly amazing (also thank you to captain hook and the others who helped with dev).

Chmee is currently working on a cinemadng converter and is getting some workable cdngs imported to resolve on a pc.

Scrax, any plans to port this to mac?

Here's the link for the thread http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5618.25

As always, thank you all for your hard work.

Chmee will eventualy add his changes to raw2dng directly when he has finished so it will be working for any os, so far I can open it with mono, load a file and it starts the conversion :)

EDIT: Hum... it's working, but gives windows folder structure to the name of files so they need tobe renamed after conversion

For who want to try install mono from here: http://download.mono-project.com/archive/2.10.11/macos-10-x86//MonoFramework-MRE-2.10.11.macos10.xamarin.x86.dmg
once installed open terminal write:
mono 
and then drop raw2cdng.exe in the terminal window you should end with something like this:
mono /Users/scrax/Downloads/raw2cdng.0.99.exe
press enter and the app should load.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

sicetime

Quotemono 
and then drop raw2cdng.exe in the terminal window you should end with something like this:
mono /Users/scrax/Downloads/raw2cdng.0.99.exe
press enter and the app should load.

I get this error

/Users/sicetime/Downloads/misc-master/raw2cdng.0.99.exe: cannot execute binary file any ideas?

scrax

you have to install mono and put the word: "mono" before the file with a spaces
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

sicetime

scrax that worked perfectly. got it running on parralels too. I get these errors though, have you been able to process things? I am at work currently but will be testing soon and don't have any raw files here.

Jun  3 14:01:16 Andrew-Siceloffs-MacBook-Pro.local mono[1455] <Error>: kCGErrorInvalidConnection: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid connection
Jun  3 14:01:16 Andrew-Siceloffs-MacBook-Pro.local mono[1455] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

scrax

Quote from: sicetime on June 03, 2013, 08:05:49 PM
scrax that worked perfectly. got it running on parralels too. I get these errors though, have you been able to process things? I am at work currently but will be testing soon and don't have any raw files here.

Jun  3 14:01:16 Andrew-Siceloffs-MacBook-Pro.local mono[1455] <Error>: kCGErrorInvalidConnection: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid connection
Jun  3 14:01:16 Andrew-Siceloffs-MacBook-Pro.local mono[1455] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

I have the seame errors and files generated have wrong names but if you convert hem to 16 bit they will be visible in preview so i think it works. Probably in parallels you will have no problem with files names

aaphotog

Are there any plans to update again with the black vertical bar fix?

AnotherDave

I think the developer is waiting to integrate raw2cdng...

DerekDock

Last week and monday I had no issues with RAW. Shot a video yesterday and now Lightroom/Photoshop won't read any of the files. Is this a raw2dng problem that I might fix by reconverting from a PC instead of the mac side? I'm using .10
www.vimeo.com/leftcoastdigital
www.twitter.com/derekdock

scrax

Will upload a new app with the last raw2dng bin with vertical banding in a few hours, also added jpg and avi converter. i have no clue if they will be useful to somebody so post your opinions, but keep in mind that for raw2dng I prefer to keep it without options to keep it simple to use.

Quote from: DerekDock on June 05, 2013, 07:22:51 PM
Last week and monday I had no issues with RAW. Shot a video yesterday and now Lightroom/Photoshop won't read any of the files. Is this a raw2dng problem that I might fix by reconverting from a PC instead of the mac side? I'm using .10
I had that problem some time ago when updating 0.4 IIRC, have you updated ML since last week?

Can you try with 0.4 with a small RAW just for a test?

DerekDock

Quote from: scrax on June 05, 2013, 09:41:57 PM
Will upload a new app with the last raw2dng bin with vertical banding in a few hours
Have you updated ML since last week?

Thanks. Hopefully that will help. I used the build from 5/31 on Monday and didn't catch the newest version before shooting yesterday. Just uploaded the newest build and shot a test with no problems. Go figure. I wonder if there is a way to reheader the info from yesterday?

scrax

I'm not sure to have understood right, I suppose was ML making wrong raw and not raw2dng

DerekDock

Quote from: scrax on June 05, 2013, 09:52:19 PM
I'm not sure to have understood right, I suppose was ML making wrong raw and not raw2dng
I'm not really sure where the problem is lying. All I know is that I took a new clip and it was fine in the current raw2dng.

scrax

Quote from: DerekDock on June 05, 2013, 10:07:47 PM
I'm not really sure where the problem is lying. All I know is that I took a new clip and it was fine in the current raw2dng.
Once I got that problem to but solved updating from source, so now you have some dng that can't be opened and not anymore the raw file?

btw
/doing last test and refinement to 0.11

DerekDock

Quote from: scrax on June 05, 2013, 10:36:40 PM
Once I got that problem to but solved updating from source, so now you have some dng that can't be opened and not anymore the raw file?

btw
/doing last test and refinement to 0.11

I still have the RAW files. Just no matter how many times I run them the dng's won't import anywhere.

scrax

you can try to convert it with 0.4 or 0.5 if 0.11 don't work. Here the updated link for 0.11

simulacro

Hi Scrax, Thank you very much for your contribution with this program. The last update saved me lots of clicks hehehe. Monday i got a brand new 50D, now converting files for editing a little test. Cheers from Madrid! :)

KMA_WWC

Hey Scrax! How are you buddy? Just tested the latest version with 32gb file and this is what I got:

raw2dng converter GUI for OsX
Beta ver.0.11

M05-1921 File Supported
Generating jpg preview
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libexiv2.10.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/KMA_WWC/Desktop/RAWToDNG/raw2dng.app/Contents/Resources/ufraw-batch
  Reason: image not found
/Users/KMA_WWC/Desktop/RAWToDNG/raw2dng.app/Contents/Resources/script: line 31:  1674 Trace/BPT trap: 5       "$UFRAW" --out-type=jpg --out-path=../"$FILE_NAME"_jpg *.dng >> "$LOG"
Generating avi preview
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg/1.1.3/lib/libavdevice.54.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/KMA_WWC/Desktop/RAWToDNG/raw2dng.app/Contents/Resources/ffmpeg
/Users/KMA_WWC/Desktop/RAWToDNG/raw2dng.app/Contents/Resources/script: line 31:  1676 Trace/BPT trap: 5       "$FFMPEG" -i ../"$FILE_NAME"_jpg/%6d.jpg -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 ../"$FILE_NAME".avi >> "$LOG"

Is this normal? It also created txt log file inside the dng folder, and also created separate empty jpeg folder. Not sure if its ok or not, but just wanted to report it.
Canon 5D Mark III

Danne

Quote from: scrax on June 05, 2013, 09:41:57 PM
Will upload a new app with the last raw2dng bin with vertical banding in a few hours, also added jpg and avi converter. i have no clue if they will be useful to somebody so post your opinions, but keep in mind that for raw2dng I prefer to keep it without options to keep it simple to use.
I had that problem some time ago when updating 0.4 IIRC, have you updated ML since last week?

Nicely done with the update. Now, I had a dream last night about adding ProResHQ 422 or 444 and cinema DNG to the jpg and avi converter ;). Would that be possible?
Thanks again Scrax, for the app of the year
//D

scrax

Quote from: KMA_WWC on June 06, 2013, 02:54:51 AM
Hey Scrax! How are you buddy? Just tested the latest version with 32gb file and this is what I got:

raw2dng converter GUI for OsX
Beta ver.0.11

M05-1921 File Supported
Generating jpg preview
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libexiv2.10.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/KMA_WWC/Desktop/RAWToDNG/raw2dng.app/Contents/Resources/ufraw-batch
/Users/KMA_WWC/Desktop/RAWToDNG/raw2dng.app/Contents/Resources/script: line 31:  1674 Trace/BPT trap: 5       "$UFRAW" --out-type=jpg --out-path=../"$FILE_NAME"_jpg *.dng >> "$LOG"
Generating avi preview
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg/1.1.3/lib/libavdevice.54.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/KMA_WWC/Desktop/RAWToDNG/raw2dng.app/Contents/Resources/ffmpeg
/Users/KMA_WWC/Desktop/RAWToDNG/raw2dng.app/Contents/Resources/script: line 31:  1676 Trace/BPT trap: 5       "$FFMPEG" -i ../"$FILE_NAME"_jpg/%6d.jpg -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 ../"$FILE_NAME".avi >> "$LOG"

Is this normal? It also created txt log file inside the dng folder, and also created separate empty jpeg folder. Not sure if its ok or not, but just wanted to report it.

Good report, those are the things that I can't easily find out, dependencies :)
So the app ufraw-batch needs more thing to work. Will try something else like ImageMagick to convert the dng.
the text log is a new addition that should have the conversion to dng report, the jpg folder is empty because of ffmpeg error

Quote from: Danne on June 06, 2013, 09:29:11 AM
Nicely done with the update. Now, I had a dream last night about adding ProResHQ 422 or 444 and cinema DNG to the jpg and avi converter ;). Would that be possible?
Thanks again Scrax, for the app of the year
//D

It can be done if there are command line tools that do it, any suggestion?
from wikipedia:
QuoteOn 29 October 2011, FFmpeg introduced a free encoder, enabling ProRes 422 encoding on all FFmpeg supported platforms.

so if i can solve the ffmpeg dependencies problem ProResHQ 422 should be possible. for CinemaDNG I'm waiting for responses from Thomas Worth, he could probably help us to add it.

EDIT: Just converted to ProRes, if someone want to try, you will have to right click and select "show package contents" on raw2dng.app
The navigate to the Resources folder and open the file script in TextEdit
find this line
      "$FFMPEG" -i ../"$FILE_NAME"_jpg/%6d.jpg -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 ../"$FILE_NAME".avi
and change it to that:
      "$FFMPEG" -i ../"$FILE_NAME"_jpg/%6d.jpg -vcodec prores -profile:v 3 -qscale:v 1 ../"$FILE_NAME".mov

Danne

Scrax, I,m totally satisfied with your app. Everything added is a bonus.
Finally bought a transcend 1000x card, works perfect for 1920x1088 so gonna start collecting some raw-material soon.
Thanks!
//D

scrax

Thanks to all the feedback guys really appreciated. I hope to add CinmaDNG too in future, for now seems that ProResHQ 422 is possible, also tif gave me some errors.

I'm thinking that the best way to be sure about dependencies is to keep ffmpeg and ufraw as external optionals installations.

I can make raw2dng to detect them and if present ufraw or imagemagick it will convert to jpg, if ffmpeg present it will convert to ProResHQ, also if Adobe Dng Converter installed it could pass the dng to make them working with finder preview.
Will make 0.12 with that.

Danne