elif [ -f "$i" ]; then
        file_is=$i
        importFILE       
    else
    echo "Drop a ML .RAW video file and/or folder here"
fi
done
exit 0

@scrax, would you mind testing it, and if it works maybe put it in app if you like?

Tested it and fixed with that: "$@" instead of $* because it was giving problem with spaces in files names. It's in beta 0.10

Quote from: budafilms on May 29, 2013, 10:42:57 AM
Have you try this open source? I´m not programmer, maybe you can get something about it: http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

It´s free for mac , windows and linux.
didn't tried and from the site I can't find any source or opensource license, it's free but not open for what I could understand.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Maximiliaan

I keep on getting this "Error: This ain't a lv_rec RAW file" error.
The footage was shot in a normal way. Any way to recover what's inside the .raw files? Mac.

electronicwomble

Hi scrax,

I've been trying to edit the raw2dng app to allow me to choose a destination folder for the DNG shot folders (to save me copying the .RAW files from the CF card, and instead just extract the DNGs directly into a folder on my hard drive).

Have you got any pointers for how to edit the app in interface builder? I'm fine with the unix script, as long as there's a way to grab a chosen file path value from the GUI and use it in the script.

scrax

Quote from: electronicwomble on May 30, 2013, 10:24:48 PM
Hi scrax,

I've been trying to edit the raw2dng app to allow me to choose a destination folder for the DNG shot folders (to save me copying the .RAW files from the CF card, and instead just extract the DNGs directly into a folder on my hard drive).

Have you got any pointers for how to edit the app in interface builder? I'm fine with the unix script, as long as there's a way to grab a chosen file path value from the GUI and use it in the script.

MLTools can do that, but is less tested than raw2dng. Maybe you could tacke a look at it to see how it's working. i used cocoadialog for the dialog windows.

The idea under MLTools is that it should start and import ML media from a card to a predefined folder when the card is inserted, once copied or moved the file it should convert them based on the type of file or bracketing script (but this part is not updated with nightly builds). Last changes to raw2dng.app are not yet in MLTools (but they are maybe also not needed)
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

electronicwomble

scrax

Quote from: electronicwomble on May 30, 2013, 10:51:45 PM
Thanks, will give that a look :)
basically you should add cocoadialog.app in the package and putt something like this in the script

INIT() {
   echo "raw2dng converter GUI for OsX"
   echo "Beta ver.0.10"
   #Make raw2dng working from any folder
   #export PATH="$PATH":"$(pwd)"
   mybin="$(pwd)"/

CD="CocoaDialog.app/Contents/MacOS/CocoaDialog"

rv=`$CD fileselect \
   --text "Choose a folder where to import and save converted file. Now set: $workingDIR" \
   --with-directory $HOME/ \
   --select-only-directories`
   if [ -n "$rv" ]; then
      workingDIR="$rv"/
   printf "Working folder: %s\n" $workingDIR
   fi

}

importFILE() {
   if [ "${file_is: -4}" == ".RAW" ] ; then
      echo "$file_is File Supported"
      name=$(basename -s .RAW "$file_is")
      fldr="$(dirname "$file_is")"/
      if [ "$workingDIR" ] ; then
         fldr="$workingDIR"
         mv "$file_is" "$workingDIR$name".RAW
      fi
      if [ ! -d "$fldr$name" ] ; then
         mkdir "$fldr$name"
      fi
      cd "$fldr$name"
      "$mybin"raw2dng "$fldr$name".RAW
      #find . -type f -name "*.dng" -print | \
      #while read filename
      #do
      #     mv "${filename}" "$fldr$name"/
      #done
   else
      echo "$file_is File not Supported"
   fi
}

tested working for setting the folder, but it fail conversion... :( now it works, sort of

fotojohni

Wanted to thank you guys.  This is an excellent app.  Everything worked perfectly and I enjoy this workflow a lot.

ebutka

Alright guys, I'll take any help possible. I got the original RAW2DNG to work on PC, on Mac I could get files under 2GB. I've tried all the updated ones, changing scripts and even the batch ones and nothing works.

I'm using a MK3 @ 1920x1080 @ 23.98 - each time file maxed out at 4.29GB.

This is the error I'm getting -

rm: *.dng: No such file or directory
raw2dng converter GUI for OSX
Beta ver.0.10
Error: This ain't a lv_rec RAW file.

After I do that, its creates a folder but no DMGs are made.

I try again and the error I get is

raw2dng converter GUI for OSX Beta ver.0.10
/Users/ebutka/Desktop/M00000003.RAW File Supported
mkdir: /Users/ebutka/Desktop/M00000003: File exists
Error: This ain't a lv_rec RAW file.

I tried every single file. All 8 of them stopped recording on the camera due to file sizes - using the May 20th build.

Anyone have any ideas? If someone would like to give it a try, I'd be more then happy to upload the RAW file to dropbox.

swinxx

hello guys.

today i have compared dngs from osx 0.10 and the newest raw2dng windows version (why? because of the vertical lines problem)
and i dont know if i am right but it seems to be there in both versions but they are a little bit smaller now? (call my crazy but i can see them.)

i have build 31_May
made a reset with canon settings

so what else can i do to eliminate this vertical noise problem?
what have you guys who fixed it done to fix it?

thx.

a1ex

If you don't post images showing the problems, and also conversion logs, nobody can help you ;)

swinxx

swinxx

ok, i´m back home, made a comparison folder in my dropbox.
here is the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bua4hwbm8w1i47f/Db01mXRpH4/Test_31_MAY_5D_Mk3/Comparison%201

i have included all files, a raw photo file, the dng files (mac and pc) i made a screenshot out of the adobe camera raw program..
please tell me if you need more additional infos and files.

(the original raw file is also in the folder but needs some time to upload.)

thx.

a1ex

I guess my pixel peeping skills are a bit sub-par, but I can't see any vertical lines or issues with these pics...

swinxx

Hi alex.

When i compare (in the upper left corner between the windows) the raw photo and the raw dng i can identify vertical lines in the dng. When you are ok with that i am too, but i can see them..
Greets and thx you so much for your time and effort.
sw

agora1

it is possible to open 4gig raw movie file canon 5d mark iii
from the latest raw2dng for mac I have this message "Error: This ain't a lv_rec RAW file"
Thanks

squig

Quote from: swinxx on May 31, 2013, 05:26:05 PM
Hi alex.

When i compare (in the upper left corner between the windows) the raw photo and the raw dng i can identify vertical lines in the dng. When you are ok with that i am too, but i can see them..
Greets and thx you so much for your time and effort.
sw

All that peeping will make yo go blind  :D Looks perfectly fine to me.

scrax

What about adding also conversion of dng file to Adobe DNG Converter to have them showing right in preview?
Since ADC supports command line we can make raw2dng to save a copy of the dng that will be compatible with preview on osx, it will need ADC installed so it will be a sort of option, without ADC you got the dng like now, with ADC installed you will get both actual dng versions and a subfolder with ADC converted dng

Here a discussion about ADC conversion on mac: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5939.0

Steve255

Hi,

First, thanks to ML people for all their great work! You guys ROCK!!!

I am having the same problem with the Error: This ain't a lv_rec RAW file" as well. I've been reading all these posts and I thought that the mac version could handle the BIG files. Is there something I'm doing wrong??

Thanks

Steve

andyshon

It would be great if the .app included the original raw filename in the dng filenames, now we have usable names out of camera. This would make it easier to track footage from raw, through dng, to whatever offline codec, then back to the dngs for online.

If you use the 'New Comp from Selection' command in AE to produce compositions from image sequences, it will use the part of the filename common to all images in the sequence to name the composition. This would give you a relatively smooth process.

Drag a load of RAWs into raw2dng.app > use AE's Smart Import script to import the resulting folder full of dng sequences > do a quick one lamp grade in ACR as they import > select all the imported footage and right click for New Comp from Selection > select all the resulting comps and Add to Render Queue > If you have the right preset as default hit render

Not the prettiest workflow but manageable.

Steve255

Dam...

I got it. I had to format in fat EX. Once I did that, that solved everything!! Cant' wait for someone to come out with  cinema DNG for Resolve!

Steve

AnotherDave

What is up with the new version of this that is supposed to fix the banding? :-D

Anyone working on it? 

*Wish I was a coder, but i'm just a tester - i guess.

squig

AnotherDave

I understand.  But I'm a mac user, and would love to have it for me and my kind.  ;-)

squig

scrax

Quote from: AnotherDave on June 03, 2013, 01:44:17 AM
I understand.  But I'm a mac user, and would love to have it for me and my kind.  ;-)
I'll upload a new version later, didn't noticed that change