600D/T3i Raw Video

Started by N/A, May 18, 2013, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cypressentgrp.com

Quick Question, why does shooting raw in 720 (60fps) video mood cause it to stretch? is there any way to prevent this from happening? we guess this may be causing some of the more serious moire issues? Shooting in 720p gives us more res and less crop.

N/A

720p mode skips more lines, so you end up with a "squished" raw file.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Sane__

720p mode has Downscaling. Awful problems with antialiasing. I wouldn't recommend it

Cypressentgrp.com

Thanks guys, that makes plenty sense. Out of curiosity, is there any way to strip ML and Canon and or most elements that take up buffer room? Basically do what ever it takes to get the most out of the raw feature.

Cypressentgrp.com

iaremrsir

Quote from: Cypressentgrp.com on October 31, 2013, 07:46:07 AM

Latest Nightly Build.

So I'm not the only one getting dead pixels in raw... Any ideas on how to get rid of these other than flat field correction?

N/A

Try a different version of raw2dng. On mac, I was getting a lot of dead pixels with RawMagic, but switched to Son of Batch and don't get any.

iaremrsir

Quote from: N/A on November 01, 2013, 06:20:31 PM
Try a different version of raw2dng. On mac, I was getting a lot of dead pixels with RawMagic, but switched to Son of Batch and don't get any.

Tried the one http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5404.0 got rid of the dead pixels, but now the FPN is back.

Ruzgar

Hello,

I am very new to this forum, as well as Magic Lantern. Sorry taking your time, but i needed some help.

I make my living on shooting video. But i only have 600D, and 50mm 1.8. Why am i telling you this, is because i just started my business and i am stuck with these configuration, since i have a family with a child to look after.

I came across ML and TL. And I used to shoot with older versions without having problems. But right after i installed Tragic Lantern (NewMem) i started to get coloured dots, most of which are blue. And after searching several forums and trying every possible solutions (such as dng convertors, sensor cleaning, various nightly builds, and third party programs) ı got nothing.

Two days passed, and monday is coming. So i need to find a solution as soon as possible. If someone can help me, i would be gratefull.

I can tell, the problem is not about the camera, for i can shoot Canon H.264 dot free. And i doubt the problem is caused by conversion. I tried different versions of raw2dng, raw2cdng, Magic Lantern RAW - 1.2.0. Nope.

PS: I used to get FPN before, but this new version (NewMem) got rid of FPN.

PhilK

OK, got a strange problem, or I'm doing something badly wrong - I suspect the latter  ;)

I compile ML from source and this works fine for the 50D but for the 600D I get SOS flashing on the activity light!

Compile process is make clean && make 50D or 600D in the root and then cd into platform for the camera and make clean && make zip, then copy over the contents to the card.

The 600D works fine when using the nightly builds using the same card for the compiled one (completely removing each ML first), any pointers?

apefos

Hi 1%,

please take a look at this topic: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9145.0

we are talking about the possibility of using dual iso in h264 mov instead of raw, we know the compression can husrt the idea, but it deserves a try... 60i and 50i with even and odd fields video are recorded in avchd in camcorders and works ok...

if you can enable dual iso module to work in h264 mov recording I can help testing it in 600d/t3i

thanks

1%

QuotePS: I used to get FPN before, but this new version (NewMem) got rid of FPN.

Because I think you're using a version with af_raw enabled. Its either af_raw and no dead pix/fpn but sometimes "peaking" style outlines or no defect correction at all. :(

N/A

Any new bin's for us 600D users on the way? The nightly's are fun to play with but the extra little hacks TL has in it make it more useable, at least imho.

apefos

@1%

please take a look at the dual iso h.264 topic. It is working pretty good with two lines per iso, no magenta frames until now recording in full hd in 600D.

Can I kindly and gentle ask you to give us the code for enable one line per iso? I know nobody is giving cents for this idea, but the results in dual iso h264 rcording are so amazing and we have nothing to lose testing it, this thing is already working in my 600D, so allow us to give it a try, just give us the code please, there is a contributor who can compile!

thanks

apefos

@1%

The best stable build for 600D at this moment is your NewMem. Everything works great, including RAW video.

I did a try in the 600D.102 nightly 2013/11/23 but temperature is reaching 82 Celsius and recording stops automaticaly. I also did a try in 2013/09/28 but lots of errors loading modules...

Only thing you could improve is the audio metters layout because it is over the other informations. In this 2013/11/23 build the audio metters is in better layout, smaller and  besides the other informations.

Can you just implement this audio layout in your NewMem build? The colors of the displayed informations is not so much inportant, can be colored or white, but reposition the audio metters is a must. If you can, it will be the best build for 600D !

Thanks.

robrock68

Getting lots of noise in the shadow area's when I increase the exposure in ACR. I know I'm pushing the limits of this as I'm shooting at ISO 160 in a very dimly lit room, but am wondering if there is a list of "Best Settings" for shooting RAW. not including exposure, but just the menu settings that give the best performance.

armir

I have some problems with sound recorder function. After about 3-4 minutes of recording camera freezes till I take out  battery. When in video mode sometimes when it freezes I can hear mirror falling down. I tried clean install of NewMem but nothing changed. Can somebody help?

a1ex

Don't use it. I've removed it from main builds because of a dangerous bug (as in possible camera brick).

armir

Thanks for fast reply. Now I'm just wondering how to get the highest sound quality from 600d. I wont to use it as sound recorder. I turned on recording audio in separate wav during video recording. I think that it is the best solution for me. 

lagunak47

I've noticed that when shooting in 720 60p in raw I (or overrode to 50p) it looks like sh*t. However, when put into the 3x 1:1 mode it doesn't downscale anymore thus all aliasing/moire and needing to stretch in post is gone. What sucks however is that it has a bunch of dead pixels (non cropped has this too) and seems to "glitch" on the framing and will throw in an inverted purple frame ever 40 frames or so.

Is there a way to fix this because if so the 60p in raw would look gorgeous  ;D

Thanks!

tetsusaiga

Quote from: Shawn_Lights on May 23, 2013, 09:21:10 PM
Lovely detail. Magenta/Green slider needs to be moved to 0.

Where is this slider? I' having trouble with this on my 600D

brtnsnwbrd

Does anyone had problems with colored dots in their RAW footage? I've already posted a question about it, but the awnsers are a bit unclear for me, since im just starting with ML.
I've shot with the latest version of ML and with [NewMem]. But my footage turn up to be 'color dotted'. After procesing them in ACR most of the dots are gone, exept for 3 dots, one white, a yellow one and a purple one. Here is the link to the RAW video i shot of my dog, maybe you guys know what to do. Hope to hear from you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_t7HEy-JOs

brtnsnwbrd

By the way, here is a screenshot of some blue pixels/dots. Anyone got a solution for it? An aplication some ppl here mentioned, but that didn't work.
http://imgur.com/0hPzar2
The blue dots seem to appear in very dark area's/shadows.

hardmaninc

Hi All

So I have a 600D and want to know what are the best setting for Video with ML & which version ? ? I have a rode mic attached and I am told to use tragic lantern to help get rid of the hiss ?  Also is it better to record in h264 or raw on this camera ? I am looking to film short films on it

Thanks

N/A

You'll get higher resolution with h.264, but more dynamic range/color with raw. For short films I'd say Raw if you want that "film" look, but you'll have to shoot at a low rez and upscale for decent results.

Just search around the forum, these questions have been answered numerous times.