600D/T3i Raw Video

Started by N/A, May 18, 2013, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N/A

Quote from: a.d. on September 15, 2013, 01:27:54 PM
Camera Model, Canon EOS 5D Mark III, is hardcoded by RAWMagic.
Finally got around to messing with the Dual Iso Video on 600D. When I convert the raw file with RawMagic, it's indicating that these .dng's, renamed to .CR2 to be compatible with the latest OSX_cr2hdr_app, saves as 600D. OSX preview sees them as 600D pictures, but Cr2hdr is still recognizing them as MkIII shots, though, seen here in the screen shot-

Here's the .dng, converted straight from RawMagic-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/af3mc67aulrj2sl/M15-0939_C0000_00000.dng
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Doyle4

its reversed engineered from the mkiii, so its been tricked.. dont worry :)

Also for batch changing extensions i use a program called NameChanger, its fast too.

a1ex

... only that colors may not be quite right, because 600D has a different color matrix than 5D3 ;)

Doyle4

i noticed a tad bit of green but using ACR and funny enough Remove Chromatic Aberration did a good job of removing some of it too.

a.d.

I've just checked, cr2hdr bridge supports Canon EOS 600D. I think to minimize failure mode: You should shot only a DUAL ISO Photo (without RAWMagic) and convert it.

btw
Your RAWMagic DNG EXIF shows no Camera Model.

1%

I'm not sure it knows what is what for dual raw video. I don't think 600D is the only one.

N/A

Quote from: a.d. on September 25, 2013, 05:16:42 PM
I've just checked, cr2hdr bridge supports Canon EOS 600D. I think to minimize failure mode: You should shot only a DUAL ISO Photo (without RAWMagic) and convert it.

btw
Your RAWMagic DNG EXIF shows no Camera Model.
5x converts a little better since there's no line skipping but the crop factor from raw AND 5x on our sd cameras make it extremely difficult to get tight shots, but might come in handy for something like wildlife footage.

1%

Remember there is real crop mode too.

N/A

Yup, been testing out max bitrate/GOP 1 on 720p h264 to see if I can use it with raw clips since we can get a solid 18 secs of 1280x512 and continuous two rez's smaller, upscaled to match. Maybe with a VisionColor ps and their new Osiris luts, who knows.

Doyle4

Wrong post but iv message the creator of Autoexposure and he's unsure why its not working on latest nightly for 600D, could someone with coding skills take a look and if possible make it work on latest nightly please? not been working for while now, the module from NewMem is apparently old and wont load.

Thanks very much in advance!

Sane__

This thread is so dead... Just delete it and stop our miserable agony called "600d Raw" please...

Rewind

Quote from: Sane__ on October 05, 2013, 06:18:32 AM
This thread is so dead... Just delete it and stop our miserable agony called "600d Raw" please...

Excuse me, what's exactly wrong with 600D raw? )))

Doyle4

Its not "dead" check the nightly's and you will see how far the 600D has come, this thread is just for RAW and the builds here are stable code taken from nightly's.

Afterimages

I really like the stuff 1% has on 'his' site - newmem.

Will nightly's disturb it?

rick

Doyle4

1% is stable stuff taken from nightly, nightlys are always getting update but bits can unstable.

Afterimages

Quote from: Doyle4 on October 05, 2013, 05:33:48 PM
1% is stable stuff taken from nightly, nightlys are always getting update but bits can unstable.

So if I want to retain as much as possible, do I just overwrite the raw_rec module?

Doyle4

with nightly's you will need to overwrite everything.

I use nightlys on my 600D as its my play camera, i have a mkii for main stuff, id say its personal choice, if something is up with something in a nightly build like autoexposure is atm then if i need i use 1%'s build as it works and the build is stable, personal choice at the end of the day and what you want to be doing.

DarkS

Hello there :)

I haven't installed the Night Build with RAW yet because I'd like to know some information first, such as:

• Will I be able to record at 60 fps?
I'm used to make a free running videos where is a lot of frames needed for the fluent movement

• What card would you recommend me to buy?

Thanks for answers, I'm still deciding if it's worth it :)

1%

60FPS is waaaay too much data for 20MB/s

N/A

I've been shooting h264, qscale -16, flush rate 3 and gop 1 lately, and even with audio off 60p still fills the buffer sometimes. So yeah, we'll never see 60p raw lol. BUT... It's still nice to have raw video for those situations where you absolutely NEED the dynamic range and you can sacrifice some resolution.

citro1

The new build is awesome!
Raw on the 600D is very useful, big thanks to 1% and everyone involved!

Small issues I found:

- Framing rectangles in live view are a bit off, slightly too big and the bottom too low, quick example:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12268239/ML-raw-framing-rectangles.jpg

- Options Preview 'HaCKeD' and 'Hacked No Prev' don't seem to work (or maybe I overlooked something?)

Brawl

are pink dots (or other glitch) often spotted on 600D? I mean how often do they appear? I wish to shoot a short movie with 600D raw, could it be possible? thx A LOT ( :) )!

MrMehh

Quote from: Brawl on October 12, 2013, 04:53:11 PM
are pink dots (or other glitch) often spotted on 600D? I mean how often do they appear? I wish to shoot a short movie with 600D raw, could it be possible? thx A LOT ( :) )!

I personally haven't experienced it a lot, not at all in fact. I recently shot a post-apocalyptic short film in 1408x528 RAW on the 600D and out of the 70 or so shots there was one shot that had a pink first frame, which is easily removed since the clapboard was in the frame so I didn't even need it. I had no aliasing or moire issues either. You have to practice using RAW a lot, test a lot of footage, test your lenses, test what duration works for you, test magic lantern settings, test ISO's, etc.

Brawl

Quote from: MrMehh on October 13, 2013, 01:10:18 PM
I personally haven't experienced it a lot, not at all in fact. I recently shot a post-apocalyptic short film in 1408x528 RAW on the 600D and out of the 70 or so shots there was one shot that had a pink first frame, which is easily removed since the clapboard was in the frame so I didn't even need it. I had no aliasing or moire issues either. You have to practice using RAW a lot, test a lot of footage, test your lenses, test what duration works for you, test magic lantern settings, test ISO's, etc.
Thank you MrMehh, I was looking here for an answer very often since I asked my question. I really wish to say thanks to your help. Could I ask you some general advice/tips on the 600D raw shooting please? and which sd card do you use?
no aliasing and moire were obtained shooting at 5x? or with which camera settings?

thanks a lot again! have a good day! :)

Cypressentgrp.com

Some slight issues we are having with with raw shooting;

Notice the Moire on the hands, and the texture " grain like " on the img. "the vertical lines.

also the magenta frames at random.

Res: 1408 x 352

Aspect: 2.39.1

Shutter: 1/48  186 (about)

after conversion we run through Photoshop saving out to jpg. > then Adobe Pr > up res to 1920 x 810

We our unable to run the dng's through DaVinci because of the dead pixel issue.