600D/T3i Raw Video

Started by N/A, May 18, 2013, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oreve21

RAW Video is so exciting. It's high resolution VIDEO.

1728 x 736 / 23.976p
EF-S18-55mm F3.5-5.6
Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card

Sane__

Quote from: oreve21 on September 16, 2013, 06:14:33 PM
RAW Video is so exciting. It's high resolution VIDEO.

1728 x 736 / 23.976p
EF-S18-55mm F3.5-5.6
Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card

Is this with 600d? How did you get resolution this high?

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: Sane__ on September 17, 2013, 06:35:37 PM
Is this with 600d? How did you get resolution this high?

I'm sure it was the 600D ... if  you notice, each shot is 2-3 seconds ... easily obtained at that resolution, especially if you use Tragic Lantern.

Sane__

I have a very very stupid question. I already have Magic Lantern 2.3 but my card reader is broken and i'm in a place where i can't buy another.Is it possible to install tragic lantern without a card reader?

Jonit

Quote from: Sane__ on September 17, 2013, 10:26:23 PM
I have a very very stupid question. I already have Magic Lantern 2.3 but my card reader is broken and i'm in a place where i can't buy another.Is it possible to install tragic lantern without a card reader?
maybe connect your camera (with SD card inside) via USB cable to your PC? Just an idea, idk if it works.

Sane__

Quote from: Jonit on September 19, 2013, 02:53:53 PM
maybe connect your camera (with SD card inside) via USB cable to your PC? Just an idea, idk if it works.

This is not an idea :) This is the first thought everyone would think of. If you don't know if it works it's bad idea to give an advice

Doyle4

deletedAcc.0021

Doyle4

Its real nice... very nice upgrade indeed, i usually use raw video on my mkii but this lil beauty is doing good, im getting continuos 1084 i think it is by at 2:1 ratio.

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: Doyle4 on September 23, 2013, 04:07:46 PM
Its real nice... very nice upgrade indeed, i usually use raw video on my mkii but this lil beauty is doing good, im getting continuos 1084 i think it is by at 2:1 ratio.

Same here, so far no pink frames.  Keep your fingers crossed.  Love the new look.

Doyle4

i just upscaled a dng to 5k just too see what it looks like... wow.... its pretty damn clean.

yeah.. new look is real nice.

deletedAcc.0021

Well, I tested all the functions that I use on a regular basis and all seems to be functioning fine.  Raw works well, with very few if any pink frames. Haven't tested the dual iso or auto ettr, but don't really use those features.

Will play with it some more before using on a commercial shoot, but I'm liking what I see.

Very clean, professional looking layout.

Doyle4

cant seem to get dual iso video working, i put it into movie mode, enable raw video and dual iso says needs to be RAW to use this..

Any ideas anyone?

1%

Use movie mode, photo mode is blocked for raw video on 600D as there appears to be no benefit.

Doyle4

Thanks that sorted it, filming on 600D is different from mkii... keep forgetting the 600D has a movie dial on it.

To convert dual iso dng's do i do this:

Convert the raw to dng's, convert the dng's using adobe dngconverter, change dng to cr2, convert, rename cr2 back to dng?

Cheers.

1%

Convert them with cr2hdr after that you can assemble an image sequence in AE or whatever else... but careful, they convert in place.

Doyle4

dragged a dng on and said wrong file type, changed the extension name to CR2 and converted.. footage looked 8bit though.. hmmm,

Update: My fault... didnt expose properly.

Doyle4

deletedAcc.0021

I noticed more pink frames while recording raw with several modules enabled.  Very few, if any with just raw.mo on.

Otherwise, great build !

Doyle4

I had the same problem awhile back on my mkii, too many modules loaded and caused pink frames, iv disabled all modules except silent and still get pink frames, a1ex did say though "silent pic code probably needs waiting until the next LV frame, as ETTR already does: auto_ettr_wait_lv_frames should probably be moved in the core and used here too." so it could be something in the module code causing, not sure as i dont understand coding.

But like you say, nice build other than that :)

Sane__

Show us some samples with the newest build :)

Doyle4

Quote from: Sane__ on September 24, 2013, 06:48:59 PM
Show us some samples with the newest build :)

What you mean dude? raw video? if so.. its still the same, just more user friendly and get extra frames :)

Sane__

Quote from: Doyle4 on September 24, 2013, 07:38:54 PM
What you mean dude? raw video? if so.. its still the same, just more user friendly and get extra frames :)

Hey, thanks , can you tell me what is the maximum resolution and maximum seconds you can get at 24 fps with the newest build? :)

Doyle4

theres big resolutions (not 4k haha) but the 600D is limited to 21mb write, till this is hacked were stuck at that, i shot at 1024x512 2:1 continuos, next one up i didnt take notice but it didnt get continuos. :)

N/A

Loving how the new font looks, Magic Lantern has evolved so much in the last year that I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around all the new possibilities I have with a 2 yr old camera.

So what are the differences now in this newest TL2.0 version and the nightly, besides the sRaw hack?
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?