600D/T3i Raw Video

Started by N/A, May 18, 2013, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muf

Quote from: Gimbaringo on July 16, 2013, 05:16:58 PM
Because if we will change skipped lines every frame (tik-tak) may be we can achieve interlaced HD on this camera?
Why not? It will have 1920x540 each frame, and may be somehow we will fit into bandwidth limitation, but with interlaced  HD raw video.
If there's a raw buffer of sufficient size available, it might be possible to memcpy with a stride double the frame width, which will effectively skip half the lines. By offsetting the start of the read by the width of one line, you can then alternate odd/even lines. Not sure if that is possible with EDMAC though, I have no idea how it works.

Yuppa

No suggestion should EVER end with, "...I have no idea how it works."
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

Muf

Quote from: Yuppa on July 20, 2013, 07:07:20 PM
No suggestion should EVER end with, "...I have no idea how it works."
It's not a suggestion, it's an explanation of the feasibility of a suggestion that was mentioned earlier.

CH10R

Hey guys,
just installed the six thirty build on my cam and tried it out, was only able to record in 960x544 for like 700 frames with 23.976fps with my current card (Samsung Pro 16GB Class 10) and wanted to know how i can stretch/up-rezz (?) it to 720p and if the sandisk 95mb/s would really make much difference since I've read the 600D has some kind of bottleneck limiting the write speed to 21mb/s or so. reaching 1280x544 would be great.

thanks in advance :)

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: CH10R on July 21, 2013, 02:02:04 PM
Hey guys,
just installed the six thirty build on my cam and tried it out, was only able to record in 960x544 for like 700 frames with 23.976fps with my current card (Samsung Pro 16GB Class 10) and wanted to know how i can stretch/up-rezz (?) it to 720p and if the sandisk 95mb/s would really make much difference since I've read the 600D has some kind of bottleneck limiting the write speed to 21mb/s or so. reaching 1280x544 would be great.

thanks in advance :)

The Sandisk 45mb or 95mb will get you higher resolutions. Even more so if you use FPS overide.

vicnaum

Getting Err 70 almost every time I use MagicZoom. Updated the ML nightly build to latest, with SixThirty, but same problem.

Crash Logs here: http://pastebin.com/gRMDBZU6

CH10R

Quote from: dslrrookie on July 21, 2013, 03:35:42 PM
The Sandisk 45mb or 95mb will get you higher resolutions. Even more so if you use FPS overide.

Never used FPS override and therefore don't know what it does. Would that help with my current card as well?

1%

I found adtg shutters:

http://www.filedropper.com/600dadtgshutter

The raw indicators don't play nice right now, esp with MZ. I have to tweak things a bit. This setup is working fine on digic V right now but on 600D has some issues.

vicnaum

Quote from: 1% on July 28, 2013, 07:07:31 PM
I found adtg shutters:

Could someone tell please what does it mean? I googled the forum and wiki, and only found out that these are some registers, that help with FPS Override... But what exactly should we test practically?

1%

Shutter set via CMOS so it means you can have 1/whatever with fps override. Override should no longer limit you to 1/2000 or 1/110, things like that.

Playing with the raw overlays... wow, just raw histogram is 70-80% CPU.

Tmassa

I tested RAW video at 12.5fps at 1280:720.
Please tell me what you guys think or what i could do better, or email me at [email protected]
https://vimeo.com/71616275

Also the speed increase when going from 12.5 to 24 is there any way to get it back to normal without t looking choppy.

iaremrsir

Quote from: Tmassa on August 03, 2013, 04:35:40 AM
I tested RAW video at 12.5fps at 1280:720.
Please tell me what you guys think or what i could do better, or email me at [email protected]
https://vimeo.com/71616275

Also the speed increase when going from 12.5 to 24 is there any way to get it back to normal without t looking choppy.

Kronos, Twixtor, or AE's Time Warp(based on Kronos).

seoшник

upthinklab

Request for A1ex or 1%:

Would it be possible to allow Auto ETTR (still photos) to do the following:

1. Shutter triggered (via external camera trigger)
2. Auto ETTR reviews histogram and adjusts exposure (works as it currently does) WITHOUT LV enabled.
3. AUTOMATICALLY fire the next photo and so on until the exposure is accurate WITHOUT LV enabled.
4. Delete the photos with incorrect exposure, retain the final image correctly ETTR. This might be asking too much, but it's worth a shot.

I'm a time-lapse photographer running a solar-powered D-SLR rig for long-term landscape time-lapses. You can learn more about me and what I'm doing here: http://blog.planet5d.com/2013/02/making-a-diy-solar-camera-for-multi-month-timelapses-behind-the-scenes-on-mountains-in-motion/

I just got a permit at a local state park to capture 4 months of fall foliage change AND fluctuating water levels on a local river. The main subject of my shot is a small waterfall. I'm currently shooting on a 600D with a custom intervalometer in Av mode. All values are locked except shutter speed and ISO (100-800 Limit).

OK... so why does all this matter in regards to Auto ETTR?

I want to use a 6-stop ND filter to ensure silky smooth water movement in all my shots throughout the day (the unit doesn't shoot after dark). As most of you know, in-camera metering is worthless AFTER applying such a dark ND to the lens. As a result, Auto Av metering is not possible to use if I want to run this unattended, multi-month time-lapse with a 6-stop ND filter for silky water exposures.

I have performed tests running the [600D] SixThirty.zip release (the latest posted by 1% for 600D) and Auto ETTR in photo mode plays extremely nice with the ND filter because it's obviously only looking at the histogram. The downside is that I have to manually shoot the subsequent photos after the histogram is reviewed by ML Auto ETTR which is not possible when the camera is unattended. I can only trigger it once per sequence via my custom, external intervalometer unit. If ML could know to continue shooting the scene until the histogram value offers a correct exposure, that would solve the problem.

Auto Snap ALMOST works as-is, but I cannot run the camera in LV due to battery limits on the unattended solar configuration. Technically, I COULD run LV with auto-off enabled after 30 seconds from the photo being shot (camera wake provided by my intervalometer controller) but that will definitely be wasting unnecessary power.

Secondary to the above request, it would be incredible if the incorrectly exposed images from the auto ETTR calculations could be auto deleted after they are shot and examined by the ML Auto ETTR algorithm to free up space on the 128GB SD card since I'm shooting RAW. I can only return to the camera every 3-4 weeks to dump the card and free up space. I'll find a way to work around this space limit if it's too much to implement.

Thanks for taking the time to consider my request. It sure would make for an interesting long-term ML stability test. I should add that I'm doing these long term time-lapses to eventually share with others online for free, this is not a client job that I'm being paid for.

a1ex

Auto Snap should work without LV. Deleting pics is not quite clean (can give err70).

Maybe a mod can move this post, since it's offtopic.

upthinklab

Quote from: a1ex on August 09, 2013, 12:24:46 AM
Auto Snap should work without LV. Deleting pics is not quite clean (can give err70).

Maybe a mod can move this post, since it's offtopic.

A1ex, I'm sorry for posting here... figured it was a somewhat relevant thread since Auto ETTR is only available in the RAW VIDEO nightly builds.

Just sorted the problem. The camera was set to continuous shooting which breaks the ability for ML to continue shooting. Returned to single shooting mode and it is now working.

Thanks for the additional clarification regarding the deleting err70 issues. Not worth risking that.

1%

It hasn't err70'd on me deleting photos yet but some cameras have not shown the free space until on/off or mode change.

a1ex

Try looking at the photos after you delete them e.g. from file browser. Though the exact behavior is probably camera-specific (don't remember where I tried this, probably 550D).

The file catalog isn't updated, so the camera is still looking for the photos and can no longer find them.

edit: 5D3 is handling it well, just Cannot playback image, no crash.

keikun007

hey guys i just installed on my friend's camera and i couldn't make it work
it keep looking for the modules but they don't show.
i first installed the stable ML, than the Nightly and last the SixThirty package.
can someone point me to a step by step to see if i did something wrong?
in my 60d is working as it should

wwjd

Is your friend's camera a 600d/T3i?
I just now put it on my T3i with no problems:  installed latest ML on newly camera-formatted card, placed the SIXTHIRTY stuff where it should go, and it is working fine.  I did NOT install the "Nightly" update thing.

Tmassa

I was messing around with the bit rate on the ml settings and bumped it up to 1.4X now if i am getting this right it will give me 11.2 bit video and not 8 bit video.

https://vimeo.com/72168772

Now this might not be raw video but it seems close to it if you use cinestyle and HDR. Also you can record at full hd no problem.
I just thought i would post this because it might not be RAW video but it is the best compromise of H.264 and RAW video.
I hope this helps anyone and any feed back would be great.

vicnaum

bit-depth has nothing to do with bit-rate

Tmassa

Quote from: vicnaum on August 12, 2013, 08:57:36 AM
bit-depth has nothing to do with bit-rate

Oh then what does the Bit Rate option at the top of the video menu do exactly?

Francis

The bitrate option applies only to regular h.264 video recording.

Tmassa

If anyone would like too see how the H.264 with 1.4X Bit Rate (CBR) and Cinestyle compares to the RAW video, here is the video.

https://vimeo.com/72230514