600D/T3i Raw Video

Started by N/A, May 18, 2013, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

If it doesn't come with a symbol file, you can't really use it.

alephone

There is a 600d_102.sym file located in the modules folder of the latest build. I just thought I'd ask around to see if anyone else had this problem and had a fix for it.  I only found one other post regarding this and it is still unanswered.  I'll just stick with what I know works for now lol. Thanks for the quick response.

Wartburg-Entertainment

Hello,
with the niglybuild of 11 July, nothing has done
although the. sym file is from July 11th. :-(

For this, the rest is very stable.
With files from the last weekend I could not shoot.

escho

delete raw_rec.mo in the modules-folder on your sd-card. Then linking should work without problems (and without raw-recording :) )

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

batca.dragos

I confirm having the same issue. And yes, removing the raw_rec module solves the error. But that does mean no raw recording as edgar pointed out.

Wartburg-Entertainment

That would mean to me - holiday without RAW. I cry! :-(

And it does not solve the problem!
Memory full message is still

escho

Quote from: Wartburg-Entertainment on July 11, 2013, 07:41:17 PM
That would mean to me - holiday without RAW. I cry! :-(

And it does not solve the problem!
Memory full message is still

Disable autoload modules. Then the memory error should have gone.
If you want raw with your 600D, than use the latest build of TragicLantern2.0

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

SamW4tson

As a general comment, I've played with RAW at the max we can do, and it seems to me that using GOP and Slice control as in this post: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6913 seems to produce the highest quality at a reasonable HD resolution (speaking as someone who needs HD) Thoughts, anyone?

Also great job with tragic lantern 1%, using GOP/Slice on a shoot of a festival this weekend :)

Wartburg-Entertainment

I have now created a map with me as of June 30.
Since all function modules ...

Do we need to wait and see where the journey (RAW) goes.

far.in.out

How do I record RAW stretched with skipped lines??? Can't google out anything relevant...
EOS M (was 600D > 50D)

Gimbaringo

Hi guys!
Just have made a short test of H264 vs Raw vs CBR3.0x,

As you can see, there is a little or no diff of CBR3.0x with CBR1.0x, and plus what more interesting,
raw has noticeable noise (ISO 100!), don't know what is it, may be result of resize.

Can smbdy please explain me:

• 1. what is the difference between diff native resolutions (1920, 1280, 640) while shooting in raw? What to choose?
  • 2. why somebody do resizes raw to some big resolution at first and then downsize it lower?
  • 3. how to achieve live view working while shooting with latest build?
Thank you!

vicnaum

I think it's time to put a little FAQ in the first post...

1%

Quote3. how to achieve live view working while shooting with latest build?

Use the canon preview.

1920 + 640 are the same, 1280 is 60P and stretched. 640 is a slightly smaller YUV buffer so a bit better for recording.

far.in.out

Wow, it almost looks like my posts are invisible... no answer again, but the guy who posted right after me got his... this isn't the first time too... The question seems to be on topic... Maybe I have a ghost account...  :-\
EOS M (was 600D > 50D)

1%

What do you mean skipped lines? It can only copy a rectangle not every other line. 720P is hella skipped, try that with FPS override.

Embosser

I'm using RAW + FPS Override to shoot timelapse video. Is there any chance to increase image resolution? 1728 with minimal fps of 0.15 produces 10-11 Mb/s, this means write speed is enough to shoot 1920 with 0.15fps. But I can't switch 1920 on.

Gimbaringo

is it possible to make interlaced it interlaced?

CFP

Quote from: Embosser on July 13, 2013, 06:27:05 AM
I'm using RAW + FPS Override to shoot timelapse video. Is there any chance to increase image resolution? 1728 with minimal fps of 0.15 produces 10-11 Mb/s, this means write speed is enough to shoot 1920 with 0.15fps. But I can't switch 1920 on.
In the 5X zoom mode you can use higher resolutions. But not in the 1X mode.

Quote from: Gimbaringo on July 13, 2013, 10:59:03 AM
is it possible to make interlaced it interlaced?
Why should you want that? It would probably look even worse than it already does ;)
You can use the 720p mode to get more lineskipping. But be carefull: The result may have more aliasing!

Quote from: far.in.out on July 12, 2013, 10:52:20 AM
How do I record RAW stretched with skipped lines??? Can't google out anything relevant...
Wow, it almost looks like my posts are invisible... no answer again, but the guy who posted right after me got his... this isn't the first time too... The question seems to be on topic... Maybe I have a ghost account...  :-\
In the Canon menu you have to chose the 720p resolution. That will increase the line skipping from every third to every fith line and give you a nice squished image. I guess since that was mention a few thousand times already nobody answered your question earlier ;)

@ 1% the 650D's videos are just like the 600D's one: Squished in 720p mode but normal in 1080 and 640 mode. I asked it in the thread :D

far.in.out

THanks guys, no I get it... Good to have this option (720p skipped lines)...
Could you also be so kind and tell me what is the command line syntax for raw2dng (Windows)? I forgot it and can't find it anywhere...
The fact that it's not in the first post of the Raw2Dng topic makes me mad... I mean, come on guys! How can you post a cmd app and not specify the commands... Nvm, figured it out...
EOS M (was 600D > 50D)

CFP

Please don't torture yourself with the command line. Just Drag & Drop your .raw files onto the RAW2DNG.exe and voilá! Everything starts automatically :) Everything else just makes the workflow even harder than it is already.

N/A

Quote from: vicnaum on July 12, 2013, 04:14:17 PM
I think it's time to put a little FAQ in the first post...
Yeah I've been meaning too, been super busy with moving and overtime at work, blah... I'll try to type one up in the next few days, feel free to submit questions.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

seoшник

Good day. Do you plan to in the future to increase the expansion At least up to 2500?I would like to use the RAW video for timelapse at 1 frame per second or 1 frame per 2 seconds

Gimbaringo

Quote from: Me
Can we make it interlaced?
Quote from: CFP on July 13, 2013, 01:01:40 PM
Why should you want that? It would probably look even worse than it already does ;)
You can use the 720p mode to get more lineskipping. But be carefull: The result may have more aliasing!
Because if we will change skipped lines every frame (tik-tak) may be we can achieve interlaced HD on this camera?
Why not? It will have 1920x540 each frame, and may be somehow we will fit into bandwidth limitation, but with interlaced  HD raw video. 

moorebrb

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make ML stop the creation of .WAV files? I have sound disabled under the canon menu and searched through the sound menu of ML extensively and didn't see a defnitive "off" option for sound recording. I'm probably just being dumb and have missed it or something. I also tried searching the ML forums before I posted because I didn't want to be "that guy" but I think I ended up being him anyway  :-[. I appreciate any response and all the work that has and is going into this!

Thanks again and cheers!  ;D

andreasusenbenz

Hi. I tried to prepare my system canon 600D/t3i for recording raw footage on the camera. I did all the steps that are mentioned to get things done. i also instlled the modules of "Sixty Third".
Now all seems well, but when i try to record video even in 832x480 the video recordings stop automaticly or i get effects like in this video where i can´t move my camera around because the first taken frame is "Stuck" to the live view.

When i look into the DCIM Folder then there are some files. but when i try to convert them with raw2dng then i get an empty folder.

so a lot of problems and no idea to fix this.

here are the specs:

canon 3ti / 600D Firmware 1.0.2
ML 2.3
SD Card: Lexar 23 GB SDHC 200x10 & SanDIsk Extreme 45MB/s SDHC

here´s the youtube link to a video of the view finder with my phone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA67OkgQuF0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUoZglKsrC74PPKhrWFYep2g