apefos

to avoid numbers contract use two underline between them:

<**.>__5247F__3984MB__20.8MB/s__Jun02-0001.RAW

in the source code like this:
<**.>__
5247F__
3984MB__
20.8MB/s__
Jun02-0001.RAW (between date and number in file name do not use underline, use hifen "-")

vicnaum

Quote from: 1% on June 02, 2013, 08:40:30 PM
Worth a shot but the numbers contract.
So you'll get stuff like this:
<**.>   5247F3984MB 20.8MB/s001.RAW

Then format it :) With spaces, tabs, or whatever. Leading zeroes, etc...

1%

Yea, my plan is to try that and see if its corrupted or not.

apefos

go ahead, let us see what you get...

you can also use underline "before and after" in the code:

_5247F_

_3984MB_

_20.8MB/s_

I believe the programing language have solutions to this, but I know nothing about programing...

for the internet this works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

well, we just give ideas... programing is up to you!...

vicnaum

I see that the problem is that every line of text is called from different function, so it will be hard to combine everything in one line.

But also I see that there are coordinates, so maybe the parts of text can be just spread across the screen horizontally and hope that they won't overwrite each other?

1%

Stuff with coordinates I can just move... but that bmprintf isn't super for this. Trailing characters or underscores don't matter. Either can hard lock it %08d or leave it to contract/expand %d,etc.

Alia5

Well... it depends on the way how it is coded...
If it all gets into 1 string we would just have to append an extra character on the strings before joining them into one string to draw
if there are 3 seperate overlays, just change coords...

if i wouldn't graduate next week i would do it :(

gebo

Quote from: N/A on June 02, 2013, 02:49:14 AM
Set acr to process 2010 instead of 2012

It's already processing 2010...

Any more ideas?

1%

Hacked mode turns off auto exposure and auto white balance.

gebo

Quote from: 1% on June 03, 2013, 01:11:46 AM
Hacked mode turns off auto exposure and auto white balance.

Is there no other way? Not being able to see what we're shooting is a pain...

N/A

I'm getting exposure changes as well, hasn't happened before the latest build. Think I've found settings for a good preview AND no bad frames.

Sandisk 95MB/s
Rokinon Cine (manual focus/aperture)

NTSC 640x480, override to 23.976fps
Expo override on
Liveview on, Cropmarks on with custom crop found here- www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3047.0
Raw Video:
1088x480
2.39:1
Framing: Center
Preview: Auto
Delay: 2 sec
Pic Quality: sRaw
Shutter lock on
Force LV: Off

Can someone else check this as well? Also, on the first playback of the raw file, it works fine. On second playback, it starts to play then goes to the "No Image" screen with the raw vid info still at the bottom.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

magnusrn

Hi, first post here, so I'm a little confused.

Tried out raw video on the 600d today, very impressive, however I was using the 2.35:1 aspect ratio(If I'm gonna have to crop it I'm happy with 2.35:1, as I'd sometimes use it anyway and it was just a test) at  1152*400 IIRC. I also took a regular video from the exact same spot, at 1280*720, I upscaled the raw video to 1280*xxx(presuming I could just compare) however the raw video was not only stretched horizontally a lot more, but also seemed to be zoomed in further.

I was hoping somebody could explain to me what I've done wrong

Thanks

N/A

magnusrn

Which part specifically? I've read through that thread many times and being pretty clueless on a lot of it I find it difficult to find anything relating to my issue.

N/A

Its not an issue, that's how it works. Record in 640x480 mode to avoid stretched files.

magnusrn

I was more meaning what's the correct way to stretch it back to the correct aspect ratio, e.g half the horizontal resolution

1%

Nothing changed in regards to expo in the last build tho. Have to try 50D trick of disabling the buffer.. made 6D write speed with preview on = hacked lv speed.

Have to see what happens.. maybe AEWB has to turned off for all modes.

N/A

This isn't a big deal but my 8GB Sandisk 95 shows 7.3GB in LV but 7.9 on my computer.

vicnaum

Quote from: magnusrn on June 03, 2013, 03:43:18 AM
I was more meaning what's the correct way to stretch it back to the correct aspect ratio, e.g half the horizontal resolution

There is no FAQ yet, because changes are evolving constantly. First and most important - raw is a crop from the sensor center (or side), and that's the biggest problem - cause you get even more crop to your 1.6x canon crop.
Also setting different canon modes impacts on how raw is shoot:
- 1920p mode is normal, but can be more slow (cause canon YUV buffers are big and consume more space).
- 720p@50/60fps is squeezed vertically at 166% ratio, so you can record more sensor at the same bandwidth (so less crop). But you loose vertical details and need to stretch it in post by 166%.
- 640x480p mode is fast (cause YUV buffers are small and leave more memory/cpu to raw) - so that's a preferable mode if you don't like squeeze.

Also you need to control fps with FPS Override (cause raw can't shoot long on 50/60fps - too much bandwidth).

That's generally it. Read the whole thread from the beginning, and you'll understand much more about it.

apefos

Lots of tests yesterday, Sunday, and things are working ok. Just need to keep Picture Quality in SRAW and Canon menu in 640 x 480 25p. So I do a combination of resolution and fps override below 21MB/s and no skip frames, no magenta frames. I can use canon LV preview always,  no problem. The Global Draw off when hit record helps a lot, because I can look at histogram, focus peaking and zebras before start record and it disables when recording and enables again after stop rec. good feature.

AriLG

Quote from: apefos on June 03, 2013, 01:57:43 PMI can use canon LV preview always,  no problem. The Global Draw off when hit record helps a lot, because I can look at histogram, focus peaking and zebras before start record and it disables when recording and enables again after stop rec. good feature.
I must have missed that... how do you do it ?

NM ... found it

BTW
why isn't this thread sticky ? (all other major RAW topic - are...)
T3i (main), T2i
------------------
It's not about accuracy,  it's about Aesthetics

N/A

Shot my first music video with raw today  ;D

The shoot went amazingly smooth, nothing huge but there were lots of tight angles and low lighting shots. The build ran great, I got a few corrupt frames but they're almost always right at the beginning before the action starts.

Biggest concern is if the music will sync with the vids. Guess I'll find out soon.

creativx

when i try to "Load modules now" my 600d just freezes
any solution here ,
or is there anything i'm doing wrong to start raw on my 600D ?

gebo

Quote from: N/A on June 03, 2013, 07:11:22 PM

The shoot went amazingly smooth, nothing huge but there were lots of tight angles and low lighting shots. The build ran great, I got a few corrupt frames but they're almost always right at the beginning before the action starts.

Biggest concern is if the music will sync with the vids. Guess I'll find out soon.

Great! Post it when you're done!

alephone

Quote from: N/A on June 03, 2013, 07:11:22 PM

Could you please post your exact settings that let you work continuously.  I have tried different variations and the pink frames seem hit and miss.  There have been times that I have been able to record continuously @ 960x544 on ocassion and get zero magenta frames and other times it happens one after another.

Another couple of questions I have are as follows:

Is there any degradation of image quality between the options in the Canon menu, 640x480 vs 1920x1080

Second question is, what would make the live view lag when panning. The image seems to lag or stutter when panning around, even at a really slow speed. This had never been an issue on previous builds and I just started noticing it after the latest build. The lag almost always indicates that there will be magenta frames.

The image also seems really grainy when it is finally rendered into video.

The settings I use most are 960x544 (Canon Menu set to 1920x1080)
-SRAW
-GD off
-FPS override off
-Video Hacks off
- freshly low level formatted with EXFAT Sandisk Extreme 45 /mbps
-current build of tragic on top of current Nightly.
-RAWNIZER used to retrieve DNGS
-DNG imported to AE AF and rendered at lossless

Any advice at all would be great. I have read this forum from back to front and still had these questions. I am aware that this is still in the very early stages. I'm just trying to figure out what everyone else that is getting semi stable and consistent video is using. Thanks in advance.