600D/T3i Raw Video

Started by N/A, May 18, 2013, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N/A

I need to invest in Film Convert and run the raw footage through it. The demo works wonders on the vids.

Also, the raw histogram is indicating just over 11 stops of DR, is that pretty spot on?

From what I see, up-rezzing in AE from 1152x480 to 1280x533 doesn't have any effect on quality, but this is looking at it on a 13" MacBook, have to check it out on the iMac and be certain.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

1%

Seems so... I think the histo is mostly right..

And sad? Before you only had H264.. I can't violate laws of physics for you.

Andy600

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

CFP

Quote from: 1% on May 18, 2013, 07:22:59 PM
960x480 or 500 and eventually hopefully a bigger buffer.
What? Even with the current "Edmac Popin" build i'm able to record continous at 24 fps with these resolutions:

- 720 X 720
- 1280 X 400
- 960 X 540

(With sound and frame skipping both turned off)

I have this SD-Card: 16 GB 45 MB/s SanDisk SDHC | Amazon

The dynamic range of theses DNG files is just insane. I wasn't able to get anything overexposed yet!

You don't have to violate the laws of physics. But we should violate the donation button! Even if my 600D wouldn't have raw video at all I still would love you for showing what the 5D Mark III is capable of. I was just thinking "Well, I guess I'll leave Canon and buy a Blackmagic soon" a couple of weeks ago. And then you guys came up with that amazing raw stuff! You can be really proud on what you've done.  :D

southernstyle

I love that we have this on our 600D's. I've been quietly lurking these threads, mainly because I don't know much and have 0 useful information, but I'm curious if our HDMI or USB ports on the cam are usable for anything? I haven't really seen anything about our HDMI speed, and we do have video output through the USB if I remember correctly? Just throwing ideas out there for the smart people, even though I'm certain that someone already answered both of these options somewhere.

1%

I guess depends on the card you have what resolution you'll get. That is what has worked for me, I've shot more on 6D since its UHS.

USB and some WFT hack maybe. HDMI modifies image data so probably not.

southernstyle

nice, I figured something was wrong with HDMI since nobody really talks about it. Thanks for the info

N/A

Shutter speed may have been a little too high, still finding the sweet spot settings. I apologize in advance for the shakiness, but at least it lets us know that there's no screen wobble or jitters.

southernstyle

what were you shooting this at under raw settings? I still get random magenta and skipped frames with 960x540. are you running LV in 720 and shooting with 640x360?

dfsgfeiuhd

Hope, this is the right thread for my observation:

With the latest raw module in EatLV.zip, i get corrupted frames every other frame.

frame 1 is perfect, frame 2 corrupted, frame 3 ok again ...

CFP

Quote from: southernstyle on May 19, 2013, 12:58:08 AM
what were you shooting this at under raw settings? I still get random magenta and skipped frames with 960x540. are you running LV in 720 and shooting with 640x360?
Today I shot some short clips to see how well 960 X 540 performs against 1080p H.264 and I haven't seen any magenta frame. And I've just turned the skipping off because I can record continously until the file size reaches the 4 GB limit. So why should I need skipping?  :D

I was in 1080 X 1920 24p Movie Mode with "FPS override" turned off. Also every option of "Global Draw" was turned off. And I didn't use audio recording either. I put a link to my SD-card in my earlier post.

So far, everything works quite nice  :)

N/A

Quote from: southernstyle on May 19, 2013, 12:58:08 AM
640x480 mode, 1152x480 raw rez uprezzed to 1280x 533 in post.

stevehallvideo

Where can i find the patch?????? looked everywhere...... almost! :) Please help!

dfsgfeiuhd

Just gave the cam a good test and recorded a couple of files. Most of them worked and post-processing them is so much fun. However, some files were corrupt. raw2dng reported:

QuoteError: This ain't a lv_rec RAW file

ls: *.dng: No such file or directory
Nothing converted

this happened for 2 out of 9 files. Settings were the same for all files:
640x480 mode, 1152x480 raw

1%

Are they over 4GB? You need the linux raw2dng

Alia5

Read something about 60fps recording on 5dmk3...
Tried on my 600D and got almost instant Err70  -  guess it wont be possible

anyways i got an raw-file with 39frames, 4 of them were not pink, 3 with a black bar, the first one was good

60fps raw are pretty uninteresting for devs on 600d i guess, but just wanted to say^^

Edit: 50fps seem quite doable... low res but, wow!

1%

Record at 720P and you get 60FPS... I guess someone stumbled on that.

Alia5

Quote from: 1% on May 19, 2013, 03:05:24 AM
Record at 720P and you get 60FPS... I guess someone stumbled on that.

yeah i know ;) but i tested that earlier, also got err70 in not a sec... just thought it would be possible now, sacrifcing a LOT of res ;)

1%

50fps 640x320 worked... I dunno try overriding it higher/lower.

Jehan

Hello all,

this is my first post here, and I am interested into buying a Canon camera, and actually maybe a 600D, so here I read this topic with interest.
So I get that you can't record a 1080p raw video in 24ps, but you can record much lower resolution at 24fps (or even higher fps).

What about the opposite? If I stick to 1080p (1920×1080), up to which frame rate can one consistently record without skipping frames with the Canon 600D? Has anyone tested?
Thanks!

southernstyle

Quote from: CFP on May 19, 2013, 01:22:39 AM
Today I shot some short clips to see how well 960 X 540 performs against 1080p H.264 and I haven't seen any magenta frame. And I've just turned the skipping off because I can record continously until the file size reaches the 4 GB limit. So why should I need skipping?  :D

I was in 1080 X 1920 24p Movie Mode with "FPS override" turned off. Also every option of "Global Draw" was turned off. And I didn't use audio recording either. I put a link to my SD-card in my earlier post.

So far, everything works quite nice  :)

I have that same card, is there a certain way to format it to give you no frame skipping? I only get 20.1 mb/s max out of the card for some reason. I turned off everything and still get frame skipping. I keep seeing the buffer benchmarks, is that something I should be changing? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just lost on why I can't seem to get this working

dfsgfeiuhd

Quote from: 1% on May 19, 2013, 02:21:03 AM
Are they over 4GB? You need the linux raw2dng

no, not even close. They are all below 1 GB. I ran the mac gui-version, I guess I'll try the command line version.

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

Hello!
Guys, the latest modules (after 05.16.2013) are not running properly on my 600D. By doing load the modules latest, I can not access the menu "L" (last icon) and also can not choose the resolutions on the menu RAW... any idea what it might be?

zim9000

Just installed the EatLV version and was able to quickly test it out before bed here.  I think I found that because I must record at low resolutions with my card it seems my dead pixels in my camera are very apparent.  Not sure if this avoidable in the future or if that will simply be a trade off, but just wanted to mention it in case it hasn't been brought up.  Either way, I hope to test it out some more soon enough, thanks guys!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=607134532630198&set=a.534794789864173.125252.209823419027980&type=1&relevant_count=1

Kakuda

I have some dead/bluish pixels in RAW mode as well. I don't see them in h.264 video mode or taking pictures in RAW. Anyone could tell me what are they?