DNG exif data

Started by IliasG, May 19, 2013, 03:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IliasG

Please include any info is possible (and easy for the moment) in exif tags.

Model name, ISO, Illumination A matrix ... any ..

Especially for the model name please change this strange character ( shows as greek ypsilon polytonic  in my system ). It is very distracting for me because except that it is strange and with no meaning,  I am a RawTherapee user and this character triggers RT to freeze when I try to open a folder with ML video-raw files for the second time (first time is OK but at the second something goes wrong with RT's cash).

a1ex

What strange character?!

nanomad

Noticed that too, the DNG camera model fields seems corrupted.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1%

Noticed something in the model field too, didn't really pay attention to meta data

a1ex

It's an empty string in raw2dng, and correct in silent pic dng's.

nanomad

Maybe they can't handle the camera model when it's an empty string
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

IliasG

Quote from: a1ex on May 19, 2013, 04:01:16 PM
What strange character?!

This one .. as I see it in exif with exiftool ..

As you say it's correct in silent pic DNGs.

Andy600

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

3pointedit

Raw Therapee crashes for me when I try to load DNGs recordeed with FPS override. Didn't notice any odd characters but i only have a 550D so no need for RAW to DNG.
550D on ML-roids