GoPro CineForm Studio Premium/Pro Settings for 5D3 RAW Video

Started by Jake Segraves, May 17, 2013, 11:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

Also cineform changed my 24FPS to 23.976, have to see if there is a parameter to set it. Ok found that. Also cineon curve seems to take away some moire.

DANewman

Quote from: fatpig on May 31, 2013, 05:17:11 PM
Hello guys, I like RAW2GPCF, unfortunately it shows a lot of dots, then says it is done, but no output file is generated.

What are the requirements for it to work?
I have the Codec installed.

If you request RAW or 444 and don't have a license to CineForm Studio Premium it might do that.  Try -422 to confirm you get output, as that doesn't require more than the free license.

1%

So default is raw? My 4:4:4 vids were a bit washed out. I'll try to rebatch for that.. compression is great as always.

444 appears to work, RAW makes 70MB/s files that have a lot of color problems.

atarijedi

ffmbc lets people on Windows encode in ProRes 422 and 4444. You should slip that as an option into your code, so people can choose between CineForm or ProRes.

EOSHD

Can the pink highlights be fixed?

Here's an example from my most recent transcode...

Update - Resolve doesn't have the pink highlights problem. Only Premiere and Quicktime Player.

1%

Something is def, wrong with the color. I get multi colored outlines on my footage (kind like from af_raw) that aren't in the tiffs or DNG. Also less noticeable doing studio conversions.

DANewman

The pink in the highlights is controlled by the "Sat. Clip Point" slider, in the Workspace area of CineForm Studio Premium.  The camera's green channel clip first, so you need to do some highlight reconstruction or dynamaic range extension, this is what Sat. Clip Point" does, it is just poorly named. 

1%

DANewman

1%,

That looks like a bilinear demosaicing filter artifact.  Choose a different filter, try a -d2 switch or set you desired in Studio in the Workspace control field.

1%

I'll try D2, I'm usually batching.. why is raw such low rate/size compared to 444? I thought raw > 444?

d2 identical, d3, d4 as well.

DANewman

Try it without the batching, it seems not all the switches are taking effect. 

RAW is one chroma value per pixel, and through demosaic can be 4:4:4.
4:2:2 is an average of two chroma values per pixel (YU or YV) requires a baked demosaic.
4:4:4 is three chroma values (R, G & B) requires a baked demosaic.

RAW is a natural (lossless) 3:1 compression over 4:4:4.  So compressing RAW CFA Bayer is the most efficient way to store any single sensor image.

1%

DANewman

Could you provide the source or a DNG frame.  Thanks

advent2

Hello!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated..
The software has created the files fantastically quickly - both .avi and .mov versions
But both Resolve and Adobe AE and Premiere die right after they open the file.. I can see the first frame and software dies.
Both Resolve and Adobe die in the same way.. so looks like codec issue. I have updated Quicktime tothe latest, reinstalled Go Pro cineform studio.. nothing helps..

Any ideas what could it be?
Win 7 x 64
Thanks

1%

meditant

DANewman

Quote from: 1% on June 03, 2013, 02:44:52 PM
http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=Ve9DzOGDb

I think that's the first dng in the series.

You are correct, the artifact while reduced, it is still present with other in demosaic settings.  This is due to the very high frequency nature of this image, and that the 5D doesn't have an optical low pass filter designed for video.  The current demosaic filters in CineForm are designed for native resolution bayer cameras (SI-2K, KineRAW S35,etc), not bayer scaled images, like that in the 5D.  Is this yet another reason I'm looking for new demosaic algorithms we can add, something closer to ACR would be nice. 

DANewman

Quote from: meditant on June 03, 2013, 06:30:04 PM
Hello,

Do you planned a mac version ?

Regards

Nothing official, just like it is not official for PC.  I mentioned to one of the Mac engineers as GoPro, he says "cool, sounds fun".  Hope he will consider it (on his weekend like I did for the PC.) ;)

iunknown

QuoteHello!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated..
The software has created the files fantastically quickly - both .avi and .mov versions
But both Resolve and Adobe AE and Premiere die right after they open the file.. I can see the first frame and software dies.
Both Resolve and Adobe die in the same way.. so looks like codec issue. I have updated Quicktime tothe latest, reinstalled Go Pro cineform studio.. nothing helps..

Any ideas what could it be?
Win 7 x 64
Thanks

Same issue here.

1%

Jake Segraves

A new version of the CineForm decoder that addresses crashing problems within Adobe products (and possibly Resolve) can be downloaded from here:

http://software.gopro.com/PC/new_CFHDEncoder.zip

DANewman

Quote from: Jake Segraves on June 03, 2013, 09:10:14 PM
A new version of the CineForm decoder that addresses crashing problems within Adobe products (and possibly Resolve) can be downloaded from here:

http://software.gopro.com/PC/new_CFHDEncoder.zip

Thanks Jake.

The contents of this folder should be copied over the components in C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Tools

David

fatpig

this is my commandline for RAW2GPCF:

Quoteraw2gpcf M0000000.raw "C:\output.avi" -422 -c -f25

it runs for a while, displaying some dots and 0.000fps and then says DONE!
- but no output.

what am I doing wrong?

DANewman

This is want it should look like

M:\Cameras\Canon5DMkIII>raw2gpcf M0000043.RAW new.avi "E:\temp\temp.avi" -422 -c
-f25
1920x720 594frames 25.000fps
................................................................................
................................................................................
done

The frame rate should be automatically extracted and the image size.  What does yours report a size?  If you are using the free GoPro CineForm Studio it is limited to 1920x1080 for direct codec access.  The fact that is reports the size wrong is a worry.

a1ex

Frame rate is reported as 0 in exif if the user stops recording by closing LiveView (instead of pressing stop).