GoPro CineForm Studio Premium/Pro Settings for 5D3 RAW Video

Started by Jake Segraves, May 17, 2013, 11:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kopruch

I am REALLY SORRY for the question I am about to ask, but I am an ML user since... well... yesterday... Please forgive me :)

I have tried the RAW2GPCF, using the trial version of Gopro Studio Premium. The Rawanizer seem to work, but the output files are a mess - video looks like it is full of bad compression artifacts.

Is it just because of the trial version, or do I have a problem at some other level? I want to make sure everything works ok before I spend 300$, as it is quite a lot of money where I come from :)

iaremrsir

Okay, so I've managed to use SpeedGrade to debayer DNGs, but with the ProTune curve. However, I'm having problems with exporting to the CF codec in either AVI or Quicktime. This could be an alternate way to get ProTune compressed files using SpeedGrade's daily workflow.

CF

Quote from: iaremrsir on January 25, 2014, 07:31:24 PM
Come to think of it, I don't think using it with CineForm would benefit us much, because we already have so much control over everything already in terms of the matrix and curves. But if you want to look more, here's a good explanation.

http://dcptool.sourceforge.net/DCP%20FIles.html

The link to that site is weird. The contents as well. The guys providing it can't even get the download straight... Also - he states that a camera sensor has an RGB sensor ;-)))))
Weird weird weird

CF

On Mac I can neither import .RAW .MLV PR4444 --- what good is this app for ??????????????

iaremrsir

Quote from: CF on March 29, 2014, 11:44:27 PM
On Mac I can neither import .RAW .MLV PR4444 --- what good is this app for ??????????????

It's a Windows tool.

CF

Quote from: iaremrsir on March 30, 2014, 07:40:12 AM
It's a Windows tool.

According to their site, it is for Mac.. It runs here, without the features, but acts more erratic than any code I have ever seen on OS X.
$999 for something Speedgrade does in blink....

Overpriced - if you ask me !

iaremrsir

Quote from: CF on March 31, 2014, 02:30:57 AM
According to their site, it is for Mac.. It runs here, without the features, but acts more erratic than any code I have ever seen on OS X.
$999 for something Speedgrade does in blink....

Overpriced - if you ask me !

Wait I think I've confused which tool you're talking about. I'm talking about raw capabilities in GoPro Studio Premium

Jip-Hop

Long time reader, first time poster. I've read trough the entire thread and I think it's just incredible that CineForm co-founder David Newman is on the Magic Lantern forums and puts his free time in this project! I hope this project still motivates you.

I recently bought a used 50D (and two very expensive CF cards) just to experiment with Magic Lantern RAW Video. Up until now I've been having a tedious workflow: denoising h264 files with NeatVideo and converting that to CineForm. Batch converting Magic Lantern RAW Video to CineForm RAW (without the need to 'reconstruct' from a h264 file with NeatVideo) is a workflow dream come true. I can't wait for my CF cards to arrive.

I just wanted to show my appreciation and let you know I'm looking forward to improved debayering in CineFrom and MLV and Mac support from the conversion tool. (I was hoping to completely abandon Windows in favor of OS X, but if there's no Mac support for this tool I may have to reconsider my decision).

Thanks for giving to the ML community!

AntonioPantoja

I haven't read through every single post yet because I am already so frustrated with this workflow.

This didn't work for me whatsoever.

When attempting to convert, all I got was "Error" on every single clip.

iaremrsir

Quote from: AntonioPantoja on May 28, 2014, 06:56:42 AM
I haven't read through every single post yet because I am already so frustrated with this workflow.

This didn't work for me whatsoever.

When attempting to convert, all I got was "Error" on every single clip.

Can you give a little more info than this? Maybe a screenshot of the conversion screen.

66dellwood

Old thread.  Is the Raw2GPCF still available?  Is it still viable for use with the new MLV files (including audio)?

I am just now installing ML on a 5D2 and would like to take MLV Raw footage directly into GoPro Studio from time to time.  Not sure what is currently the best way to do so.