Canon 550d after ML installed veteran user

Started by IngweSA, May 17, 2013, 01:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IngweSA

Hi
Hope that some veterans can help me. I did the firmware update from 1.0.6 to 1.0.9 for the camera which went smoothly and worked , then I downloaded the newst Unifide version of ML , this went smooth and worked as it should.  After I had switched the camera off, I then went out of the office to do somthing, about an 1hr later  I had time and want to show some body what ML was about. I nearly died and felt the world had end, as now I owned a brick. After trying to get the camera to startup  for 1/5hr,  it only started to work after I put a new SD card into the camera, then the camera start and worked, but then there is no ML, so I re-inserted the SD card that was used for ML firmware into the camera and ML was back and working. Saying that I have some questions for the Canon 550D veterans usesing ML.

A:
1. Why does the new card not pick up ML firmware from the camera?

2. I have copied the files from card A to a folder on my PC and then copied the same files to card B, but ML does not work from card A.

3. Must I do the firmware procedure to each new card to make the ML work in 550D?

I have some other question for later which I will ask once I get some clairty

Thank you so much for the help and your valued time.
Gavin

wolf

Did you check the bootflag of your SD-card.

IngweSA

Thank you, for your reply, but I am not sure about, what the bootflag does or is , I did format  card A in camera and use this to do the firmware update  and I did the same with card B in camera. Is there a way to fix this or what must I do to get new cards working with ML  , Please for give if i do not understand what you talking about.

jbuy41

I  have a 550d, being using 5/13 nitely, and have no problems.  Have loaded a new card after adding boot flag .. no problem. 

IngweSA

So you are saying that I must do low level format to the SD card in the camera, then use a program like EOSCard for windows to creat a bootflag and  then add the ML files to the card , then the camera will be able to access the ML menus?

IngweSA

This proccess works below , I was able to get my cards working  ;D

Quote from: IngweSA on May 18, 2013, 09:22:49 AM
So you are saying that I must do low level format to the SD card in the camera, then use a program like EOSCard for windows to creat a bootflag and  then add the ML files to the card , then the camera will be able to access the ML menus?
YES IT WORKS